She's a happy little lady!
Thanks Carcass :thumb:
I'm really happy with her so far, she's got better genetics than I've had before.
If I can get mine to turn out anything like yours I'll be super happy.

A couple of tips… I hope that’s cool! The damage on your seedling wasn’t mite damage like someone said snails or something else. Clover will add a pretty good amount of N so don’t get crazy with it! One love brother or sister!
I didn't think about the N fixing ability of the cover crop, oops. I've never used it before so it's a learning experience for me. I appreciate the input though, gives me something to ponder after a puff or 3.
I thought maybe the damage was from trying to get out of the seed. There's definitely no snails in the tent, only a few mites, the occasional fly or moth, worms. Would worms eat it?

I didn't think about the N fixing ability of the cover crop, oops. I've never used it before so it's a learning experience for me. I appreciate the input though, gives me something to ponder after a puff or 3.
I thought maybe the damage was from trying to get out of the seed. There's definitely no snails in the tent, only a few mites, the occasional fly or moth, worms. Would worms eat it?
It does look like she had helmet head… Good! Snails and cutworms suck! Regular worms maybe? I’m not a worm farmer yet lol! How crazy is it a plant pulls N from atmosphere and add’s it to the soil! One love brother

It does look like she had helmet head… Good! Snails and cutworms suck! Regular worms maybe? I’m not a worm farmer yet lol! How crazy is it a plant pulls N from atmosphere and add’s it to the soil! One love brother
Yeah, snails suck alright!
Gonna read up on 'nitrogen fixing' now.
Chrs bro.

Looks like a great time to start following even if I'm late to the party.

I have some ants lingering around in my mulch with one of my outside girls. Think I'll apply I small layer of lime over the impacted areas of my mulch, though small pavement ants shouldn't be a threat. Lime should be non toxic to the soil and the plants.

Wonder if a small coating of lime would deter the snails?

Looks like a great time to start following even if I'm late to the party.

I have some ants lingering around in my mulch with one of my outside girls. Think I'll apply I small layer of lime over the impacted areas of my mulch, though small pavement ants shouldn't be a threat. Lime should be non toxic to the soil and the plants.

Wonder if a small coating of lime would deter the snails?
Glad to have you along for the ride.
:thumb:

Can you get diatomaceous earth? That might be better than lime for the ants. The lime might affect your plants, but I'm not sure.
Have you tried beer traps for the snails? I have trouble with snails outside, diatomaceous earth and coffee grounds have no effect on them, so you might want to try pellets to control them. They can really hammer the plants.

Glad to have you along for the ride.
:thumb:

Can you get diatomaceous earth? That might be better than lime for the ants. The lime might affect your plants, but I'm not sure.
Have you tried beer traps for the snails? I have trouble with snails outside, diatomaceous earth and coffee grounds have no effect on them, so you might want to try pellets to control them. They can really hammer the plants.
Many thanks for your warm welcome:rollit:

Seems like I need to be very careful with the lime. Hoping that a few handfuls wouldn't be toxic on my outdoor girls, but soil and plants can be very sensitive.

Thanks, am pretty sure I can pick-up some diatomaceous earth from my local grow store, Lowell's, or Amazon.

Seen folks use beer traps for snails and they seemed to be very effective.

Many thanks for your warm welcome:rollit:

Seems like I need to be very careful with the lime. Hoping that a few handfuls wouldn't be toxic on my outdoor girls, but soil and plants can be very sensitive.

Thanks, am pretty sure I can pick-up some diatomaceous earth from my local grow store, Lowell's, or Amazon.

Seen folks use beer traps for snails and they seemed to be very effective.
Just a heads-up on the diatomaceous earth, it doesn't work on insects when it's wet, but it does add silica to the soil, so it's still a good thing.
The beer traps work for slugs as well.

She weighed 160g today, so I gave her 30mls of water around the edge of the pot to encourage the roots to work towards the moisture.
Looks good so far.

Lots of little (what I assume are) clover plants popping up in the big pot, there's a whole lot of different seeds in the mix I got, so I'm not really sure what will come up. I've been spraying the mulch every couple of days with plain water to keep it moist for the seeds to germinate, I'm trying to mimic spring-like conditions. I've decided I need a humidifier.

IMG20220623141504.jpg

IMG20220623231755_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG20220623231854.jpg

Day 16.

After looking at other grows, I'm sure she's a bit slower than some at this stage of development.
I've been trying to keep her around 25deg, but there's been a couple of times it's gotten pretty cold overnight. 13deg is the coldest it's been and that was once, and only for a few hours. Being winter here, it can drop to a low of 0deg overnight where I live, with daytime temps up to 20deg. It's a bit of a balancing act to keep the temperature steady.
Other than that one time, the overnight temp in the tent hasn't dropped below 17deg. Still a bit low, so I'm thinking maybe that's why she's growing slowly.
I'm also struggling a bit with low humidity.

IMG20220625161609.jpg

Gave her a full soak today, she weighed 160g dry, and 235g after watering. I used around 5 drops of superthrive in half a liter of water.
The cover crop will get another spray with the superthrive mix later on.

IMG20220627150556.jpg

IMG20220627150347.jpg

I am finding this cold weather has made for super slow growing. And I mean super slow.
Yeah, I got a frost this morning. It's bloody cold. I didn't think it got that cold over the ditch.
As long as we keep our girls warm, we should be alright.

IMG20220629084915.jpg

IMG20220629084907.jpg

IMG20220629084852.jpg

I got the call that my 'Swiss skunk' seeds have arrived. That was fast. I'll pick them up on the weekend.

Once again I'd like to thank @Gorilla Seeds for being a sponsor for :420:
I'll do my best to showcase your genetics and grow some beautiful, stinky, sticky buds.

I love skunk :green_heart:

PS, I can't wait to build my own real working British tank model :cheesygrinsmiley:

received_449195207020323.jpeg

received_715514829738332.jpeg

Transplant day.

She's been looking a bit sad for a couple of days so I figured she's probably getting root bound by now. When I took her out of the pot, the roots had filled the pot, but not started to wrap around it. Perfect timing.
So I removed the pot I had previously sat in the soil, keeping the hole ready for the transplant.
I spread some mycorrhizae on the root ball and in the hole, then I dropped her into her new digs. I watered her thoroughly, and now I'll let her settle in.

I picked up my Swiss skunk seeds today.
Instead of the 3 I thought I was getting, they actually sent 5.

:woohoo:

In other cool news, my son's girlfriend is going to have a baby girl! I'll be a Grandpa in November!

:woohoo: :party:

IMG20220703175934.jpg

IMG20220703120407.jpg

IMG20220703120243.jpg

IMG20220703120127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom