Now we need a new home for our seed.

I got a knife, and just cut a square in the soil, straight through the roots.
Then I got some pliers, grabbed the stem, and pulled it.
It came out as a square of soil and roots, and the roots looked good, no bad smell, nice white colour, plenty of fine feeders etc.
I'll leave the rest of the roots in the pot, they'll add to the foodweb in the soil.

Home sorted.

IMG20220731171329.jpg

IMG20220731171033.jpg

IMG20220731170925.jpg

IMG20220731170856.jpg

IMG20220731170850_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG20220731170846.jpg

IMG20220731170817.jpg

Sorry for your loss and being the bearer of bad news.
I'm glad you've got something else on the way. Looks like she's off to a good start.
All good, if you hadn't told me I wouldn't have noticed for a while, and I would've wasted more time on it. So thanks for the heads up, and that's just the way it goes. No worries.

I posted the pics above in reverse order. :rofl: :Rasta:

I'm going to start her in a small pot, then she'll go into the big pot once she's established.
In the meantime I'll clean the tent and get on top of the pest control. I'll probably get some professional mite poison in there.
The small pot weighs 230g with bone dry soil.
It weighs 390g fully saturated.
I'll plant her in the soil tomorrow.

IMG20220731151430.jpg

I cleaned the tent from top to bottom today, scrubbed every surface, and bleached everything.
I sprayed the whole tent with a miticide that they use in the orchard. It's grunty shit.
That ought to finish off the ones that survived the pyrethrin and Neem oil.
Then I put everything back in the tent and sprayed the little bastards some more, lol.

IMG20220803132453.jpg

Sorry for your loss and being the bearer of bad news.
I'm glad you've got something else on the way. Looks like she's off to a good start.
You can spot a set of nuts a mile away!

I’m picking up bad experience with ladyboy vibes.

L O L L I N G !

Good spot RG.

Well I'm not sure what happened, but the cotyledons died for some reason. I thought maybe it was pythium, from the fungus gnats, so I gave her 1ml of straight 3% H2O2 to kill it and she's perked up a bit. I see a little growth, just not what I expected.

Anyway I dropped another Swiss skunk seed directly into the soil in the big pot, just in case she doesn't make it. I figured if she pulls through, I'll put her outside when the weather warms up some more.

It'll also be interesting to see the difference indoors to outdoors from the same seeds. Phenotype will play a part, as will the different growing environment.

We'll see what happens...

IMG20220807113042.jpg

IMG20220806221305.jpg

IMG20220807113057.jpg

Hi Joe, I reckon that'll be ok, I had a seedling a couple of years ago that grew her root above soil then after replanting came out with a too long stuck helmet, it was pretty munted for a few weeks and then came right and gave me over half a pound of lovely buds.

Hi Joe, I reckon that'll be ok, I had a seedling a couple of years ago that grew her root above soil then after replanting came out with a too long stuck helmet, it was pretty munted for a few weeks and then came right and gave me over half a pound of lovely buds.
Exactly why I won't give up on her, where there's life, there's hope.

Back
Top Bottom