Babies bruv! They are a fucking nightmare!

I’m trying to birth a zkittles. I’m pacing the hospital floors like a fucking 1950’s husband!
:laugh:
I have no doubt you'll be smoking a cigar in the hallway, sooner rather than later, celebrating the birth of your new baby zkittlez.
Meanwhile I'll be in ICU with my premature crack baby...:eye-roll:

We had another birth in the tent today.
This one came up with 'helmet head', so I carefully removed the seed husk with tweezers and a toothpick.

The one that had a bad start is still alive and I see growth, albeit minimal.

IMG20220810115249.jpg

IMG20220810115331.jpg

IMG20220810115301.jpg

I went into town yesterday and got some bits and pieces to get my Wookiee F2 auto seeds started.
I got some seed raising mix and some plastic planter bags to start her in. I also got a new type of air pot and a fabric liner for her to go into when she's ready. I'll be using soil.

I didn't soak the seed, I just put it straight into the seed raising mix and watered her thoroughly. I'm just trying to find the best way for me to start seeds consistently.
After she was all settled in, I went and knocked the pot over and spilled soil everywhere, idiot... :rofl:
Luckily I found the seed after a search and started again :eye-roll:
She's now all tucked in and ready to go.

The Swiss skunk in the small pot is still alive, and the other one in the big pot is doing well (so far)

I also spread some diatomaceous earth around for gnats and mites.

IMG20220811114950.jpg

IMG20220811114943.jpg

IMG20220811114935.jpg

IMG20220811112754.jpg

IMG20220811112751.jpg

IMG20220811112416.jpg

IMG20220811112410.jpg

IMG20220811112404.jpg

Luckily I found the seed after a search and started again :eye-roll:
That should have helped scarify the shell case, let's hope she soon breaks out a shoot!

I've got a Herbi order on the way, kind of excited about it, my previous Fert contact has gone belly-up like many over the mess of the last 2 years. I like their ingredient list plus it saves me effing around with 20 different things to measure in.

That should have helped scarify the shell case, let's hope she soon breaks out a shoot!

I've got a Herbi order on the way, kind of excited about it, my previous Fert contact has gone belly-up like many over the mess of the last 2 years. I like their ingredient list plus it saves me effing around with 20 different things to measure in.
Having never grown an auto, I kind of expect it to burst out of the soil in 5min and be a foot tall a week later :rofl:, if only...

Cool, I don't think you can go wrong with the Herbi stuff, like you say it's got plenty of good stuff in it, and the plants seem to like it. Pretty happy to support local business too.

I decided to feed the 15 gallon pot.
I made a mix of 1 cup of 4-4-4 and 1/2 cup of 2-8-4 and mixed that with 1.5 cups of worm castings.
I dug out some soil from around the edge of the pot, then I put the mix I made in its place and covered it back up.
I watered it in with 1ltr of yucca, organic acids and superthrive, with a dash of hydrogen peroxide.
I figured by the time the roots get that far she'll be starting to get hungry, in the meantime it'll be feeding the soil.

IMG20220816185938.jpg

IMG20220816185924_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG20220816185912.jpg

IMG20220815165942.jpg

IMG20220815165743.jpg

My Wookie didn’t like the cold. I got impatient went digging for the first seed found it alive and making its way to the surface and the shock must have killed it, then I left the second alone, sprouted. They are slow starters due to our winter I think.

My Wookie didn’t like the cold. I got impatient went digging for the first seed found it alive and making its way to the surface and the shock must have killed it, then I left the second alone, sprouted. They are slow starters due to our winter I think.
I'm not really super concerned at the moment that she hasn't shown up. I kind of expect it to be a couple of weeks or so because I didn't soak the seed first. It's definitely been cold here, down to 0° outside a couple of times, but I keep the temperature around 25ish in the tent. Admittedly it has dropped to 15° in the tent once or twice...
If I can get my plants to look anything like yours, I'll be extremely happy (and quite proud)

I'm not really super concerned at the moment that she hasn't shown up. I kind of expect it to be a couple of weeks or so because I didn't soak the seed first. It's definitely been cold here, down to 0° outside a couple of times, but I keep the temperature around 25ish in the tent. Admittedly it has dropped to 15° in the tent once or twice...
I don’t soak. I’d expect her in 6 - 8 days.
If I can get my plants to look anything like yours, I'll be extremely happy (and quite proud)
Omg thank you Joe! That’s so nice of you to say.

I don’t soak. I’d expect her in 6 - 8 days.

Omg thank you Joe! That’s so nice of you to say.
You deserve the praise, not only have you got green thumbs, you've got green fingers and toes as well.

You deserve the praise, not only have you got green thumbs, you've got green fingers and toes as well.
I love plants. All plants. I always have.

I actually went into a shop yesterday just to tell the shop owner that her small plants in pots at the entrance of her shop needed water. Not even joking lol.

I love plants. All plants. I always have.

I actually went into a shop yesterday just to tell the shop owner that her small plants in pots at the entrance of her shop needed water. Not even joking lol.
Maybe you should carry emergency water for plants in need...

Back
Top Bottom