JohnBoy's Winter Grow 2014 - Critical Kush

Alright just want to start off by saying I wish the pictures did justice. It is day 28 of 12/12(end of wk 4). Everything is going great gonna have to raise the ceiling of my box this weekend because the light is up as high as it can be. The Critical Kush is getting crusty as fuck and the 707 is just damn, so many trichs on everything and they have a nice golden hue to them. I would have taken a clone of her but I figured I probably won't have room next time around. Clones are doing alright and one of the shorelines is struggling to pull it's head out of the ground, the others have all cracked and are growing just haven't pushed out yet. Up until a few days ago they had a kind of fruity aroma I couldn't put a name on it, then about two day ago they started to get this gnarly pungent poopy diapers smell when you walked in the room and then when you open the tent there this punch of sweet fruity berry stank added to it.

Here are some pics
image20396.jpg
image20393.jpg

This is 707
image20397.jpg

Here is the Critical Kush
image20395.jpg
image20399.jpg
image20398.jpg
image20403.jpg

I'll throw another update up in about a week, I'm losing my mind watching these dank bitches grow, can't wait to smell them after a good cure.

JB

Damn my friend, those ladies are absolutely beautiful... I cannot wait to see those buds really swell up. You're going to have some monster colas on your hands dude!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome update.

Alrighty today is the end of week 5 coming in to the home stretch soon. Everything is still looking good the 707 is starting to fill in, I don't know why I wasn't excited about this plant in the beginning but now I am(it did take forever to grow though,it was a good 20 days ahead of the Critical when I started flowering). All the main colas on the critical are a decent size, most are between 3-5 inches tall and 2-3 inches wide on the base. Can not wait to watch them fatten up over the next couple weeks, I think I'm going to try bud back building on the majority of everything. Pistils are also starting to change color as of yesterday. Time to give you all some pictures, I'm going to try and get one of my buddies to come take pictures of the girls right before harvest that way I'll have some professional looking shots and way better macro then I can do on my phone. Sorry I'm so excited.

Here we go, group shot.
image20893.jpg

Critical Kush.
image20894.jpg
image20896.jpg
image20895.jpg

image20897.jpg
image20898.jpg

Oh and my damn ph meter broke. Waiting on the tax return to get a nice one, wish it would hurry up I don't like testing the old school way.

Quick Update

Everything is going great I have some big rock hard buds. The trichs are a mix of cloudy and white, I'm going to start my flush today or tomorrow. I'll be using RO and molasses for about 8-10 day then I'll go straight RO for the next few days. My buddy just told me about the whole molasses through flush deal so I'm going to give it a try, but want to flush with clean water at the end to try and get the rest out. I'd say his cannabis has a bit of harshness, id guess to not flushing with clean water at the end. He mentioned it helps with trichs production during flush.

Besides that my clones have all rooted well, really need to trans plant them, they are starting back into veg as of a couple days ago.

I'll be back with another update later.

Good job my friend!!! Can't wait to see some current pictures!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Molasses can be used all through flush, however man growers do believe that much extra sugar adds a harshness too the finished product. I used Molasses in weeks 6-7 so that the last week was clean water like you want to do. I use it at 5 to 10ml per gallon of water.

Good luck with your flush! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good job my friend!!! Can't wait to see some current pictures!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Molasses can be used all through flush, however man growers do believe that much extra sugar adds a harshness too the finished product. I used Molasses in weeks 6-7 so that the last week was clean water like you want to do. I use it at 5 to 10ml per gallon of water.

Good luck with your flush! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for sticking with the grow man, and thanks for the advice. I just want the smoothest hitting most flavor packed bud I can get. Here is a few more pics.

This is from yesterday, almost certain it is the 707.
image21678.jpg

And this would be my Mama pheno of Critical, this is at least a week old pic.
image21679.jpg

Transplanted the four clones yesterday evening as well.

They are absolutely stunning.

:welldone:

Thanks man and for that comment I took pics for you this morning.

Day 49

image21744.jpg
image21745.jpg
image21746.jpg

My Wilma pheno of the critical kush is turning purple, I tried dropping temps for the purp but the lowest I can get is 63. It's nice that they are naturally taking on purple it's hard to tell but the buds are turning as well.

Anyone have any advice about trimming fan leaves before final harvest? I probably have 5-10 more days

Size comparison, that's one of the bigger mason jars, I believe 32 oz

image21817.jpg

This is the 707, still has close to a month to go and is filling in nice
image21818.jpg
image21819.jpg

Also dropped to 11/13

Holy hell, that 707 is god damn beautiful. Did you keep cuts of that pheno?

Unfortunately I didn't, but after seeing this plant I'm willing to buy a pack of seeds to find this pheno again. Maybe they are all like this and I don't need to search for it again

Sorry can't help myself more pics of the Critical.
image21866.jpg
image21867.jpg

And so it begins, the one harvest to rule them all. Just started chopping this morning saw quite a lot of Amber trichs on there I'd say about 30%-40% with most of the rest milky maybe one or two clears here and there. Only took two down so far since I have to go to work, but that's okay got a start to it. I'm also washing my buds after I cut them down, keeping the sugar leaves on so they get washed as well. I'll try to take some finale photos of plants this afternoon before they meet the axe.

Those plants are absolutely perfect looking my friend. So many vibrant pinks and purple and greens. That is exactly how weed should look, good job my friend. +reps for sure. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't wait to see what the final dried buds look like, top shelf. Definitely will be buying a pack of both 707 Headband and Critical Jack seeds. Once I get the time to pop them, I can only hope and pray they turn out as beautiful as yours! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those plants are absolutely perfect looking my friend. So many vibrant pinks and purple and greens. That is exactly how weed should look, good job my friend. +reps for sure. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't wait to see what the final dried buds look like, top shelf. Definitely will be buying a pack of both 707 Headband and Critical Jack seeds. Once I get the time to pop them, I can only hope and pray they turn out as beautiful as yours! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks man. They look killer and got a lemon funk smell. I'll upload pics after there dried, gonna trim them up tomorrow if I have time. I just gave it a lite trim before washing so that all the sugar leave is cleaned for hash and edibles.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom