Join Me As I Grow Out Mr. Nice Walkabout in the Great Outdoor

imsilly

Hello fellow growers,

For those of you who wanted to know what Mr.Nice Walkabout is all about this thread will provide the answers, stay tune as I'll update on a weekly basis from germination to smoke reports. Let's begin..

Mr Nice Walkabout - 18 seeds

Germination rate: 100% (Out of 18 seeds.. killed 2 myself of weak genetics :)

Sativa/Indica ratio (educated guess): (12 out of 16 plants looks Indica dominates..)

Growing media: $12 for 40Lbs Miracle Grow soil, $3 for 20pack 16oz cup (both sold at walmart)

Lights: New waves 2ft" 4 lamps (96watts) for $160 (shipping included :) New Wave 96W 6500K 2FT-4 Lamp T5 Fluorescent Grow Light - Plantlighting Hydroponics [Note: Highly recommended buying a 4 foot long if you budget is not tight :)]

Fan: Optimus Ultra Slim Tower Fan $29.. free shipping if pickup at store (Makes a little rotation noise but super quiet if you don't use rotation) (Walmart.com: Optimus Desktop Ultra Slim Tower Fan With LED Display: Heating, Cooling, & Air Quality)

Total invested: $255

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how the plants are being grown...

Grow Plans: This will be an OUTDOOR grow, I'm giving them a 1.5-2 months indoor head start for greater chance of survival in the wild.. my location is about 44 Northern hemisphere, same as NY or MA) and will transplant them outdoor May 1st-7th.

Germination: Started on March 1st (soaked 2 bounty towel, put all seeds between the sheets and hidden them in a dark/warm closet.. all sprouted on March 4th then transplant them into 16oz cups.

Lighting Schedule: All plants are under constant 24/7 lighting environment.

Growth Pattern: Plants seems to be growing at a rate of 2-3 inches per week (7 weeks X 2.5 inches = 16 inches tall before going outdoors), also the lights are placed 2-3 inches away from plants.

Watering: I water them every 2-3 days, I don't add ANY nutes or fertilizer...

Odor: The plants being giving odors about 1.5-2 weeks of their growth stage.. I liked the smell but not so with parents ^_^

-----------------------------------------------

From the rest onwards I'll give a couple of weekly updated pictures along with a short description what the update is about.... note tho, once they're outdoors I'll limits the update every month or 3 weeks apart as visiting the grow spots too often will provoke suspicious so just lay back and enjoy every updates I can provide :)

Here's a some shots right after germination.. a new beginnings

0313011810b.jpg

0313011810a.jpg

0313011810.jpg

Re: Join me as I grow out Mr.Nice Walkabout in the great outdoor :]

Ive just got some Devil and Shark Shock (Mr Nice seeds) , walkabout looks interesting too!, hope they turn out good :allgood:

:) Hi crazy horse! Let me know how's the Devil and SS is.. I'm interesting in the SS for a while now.. heard you'll be stoned to the bones :Namaste:

Mr.Nice walkabout is awesome! they turn out mighty fine.. take a look how well they're doing.. today will be their 3rd weeks :party:

group_3_1.jpg
group_5_.jpg
group_6_.jpg
group_1_.jpg

Re: Join me as I grow out Mr.Nice Walkabout in the great outdoor :]

Hello everyone ^^

So here's an update.. introducing 3 new plants to the family (all started 9 days later than Walkabout) but are catching on fast..

1st pic - Sage
2nd pic - 8 Miles High

I'm doing a cloning project this weekend for sex determination.. once they show genitals it's time to move the males aside for the ladies to grow ^_^

Also I've just begun feeding them Fox Farm Big Grow.. lets see how big they get in a couple days.. until then enjoy friends :]

sage.jpg

8m_1_.jpg

baby_4_2.jpg

Re: Join me as I grow out Mr.Nice Walkabout in the great outdoor

Hello everyone!! Here's my newest updates :yahoo:

PICS UPDATES...
1st - Biggest vs. Smallest :)
2nd - Giving him a haircut
3rd - Preserving genetics
4th - Special 2-colored leave ^_6

1big_small.jpg

2fimm_top.jpg

3clone.jpg

4special.jpg

Also can anyone give me some tips how transport them to their grow spot safely cuz they're soo big now.. I'm sure people will see if I carry em out :]

Plants look great man!! I suggest ya use a big oversize backpack with a box, tote, etc that'll fit inside that you can "fold" the leaves into as you slide them in from the top, make your trek, and then slide them out the bottom so none of the nodes get messed up. Might take make trips but it'll be the best way I'm sure.

Be Safe! :goodluck:

Great idea chocha, as one of my buddy has also suggested operating at night (while it's full moon) will limits such risks..

Anyways could you offer some helpful tips for picking a location?

Locations take a lot of planning. I had a good plan but decided to do a cabinet.

< represents tree line
| theres.........|
| a.................| and the sun
| lake...........| sets over here
| right here......|
shore line >

The left line represents a tree line, there's a lake in the center, and the right side is the shore line. The sun sets shining across the lake, so my plan was to grow in the tree tops, with drip systems. 55 gallon trash back with a couple holes in it, and a camo burlap bag over it. Obviously that would take some work, but it was my plan.

As far as water them, are you planning on being able to? If not, ya better get near water. Scout some spots, act legitimate though you'd be surprised how many people are out in the woods watching you...and chances are, if you are seen by someone..there will be a LOT more over the course of the summer so hide your plants very well.

Best of all, :goodluck: deterring the fucking deer & other pests in the wild.

Lots of variables for good pot in the wild. Make sure you post on here to let me know how it goes

Sounds like a fun idea building a grow home for them :morenutes:

I go hunting for more places.. all the good spots I visited were all occupied by cops.. lucky I saw them before they sees me :]

I'll post more updates of my girls soon so stay in tune :slide:

Hello friends..

So today while watering I took some sexy pics of the plants, enjoy :]

1 - Most beautiful of em all
beauty4.jpg

2 - 4 biggest in closet
closet15.jpg

3 - compare to hand
compare2.jpg

4 - fimmed 4 days ago
fim6.jpg

5 - 95 degree flex :]
flex.jpg

6 - 15 inch monster WoOW
tall3.jpg

7 - almost a foot wide..
width.jpg

Anyhow, I was thinking setting 12/12 to pre-flower then revert back to veg and start taking clones.. thinks it's a good idea??

only take clones from the plants during the first 6 days of 12/12...7 is pushing it but usually ok. I've conversed on this topic with some long time growers a few times, and they all say genetics get whacky when you clone a plant that KNOWS it's flowering, and then stick the clone into veg.

Also, you're gonna have to transplant very soon man...otherwise you'll have one hell of a rootball in each of those cups that will stunt the growth like MAD.

Have you scouted a spot yet??

Indeed, will transport them tonite..

For some reason I know there's a way to figure out males and females while they're in their veg-stage.. I'm going to chop off a internod of each plant and closely exam them.. too bad I don't have super expensive microscope to toy with.. deep in I believe you can spot traits of a male or females.. if you know what I mean :slide:

They look GREAT! Keep it up! :thumb:
All these people claim hard work. Your just silly and look what you got goin' on! :high-five:
A great grower I know doesn't like to mess with nutes and all that crap either. He settled on OC+, which is time released or something so its not the whole hassle of mixing in your water, getting proportions correct, etc.

Your plants look plenty healthy to me though! I'll be watching your grow friend! :Rasta:

Subscribed. You're plants are looking fantastic! It's quite amazing at how quickly a root bound plant will go to shit though.

Best of luck! I look forward to the many pictures I'm sure you'll provide.

-T

High, grow looking good. You're one of the lucky ones that didn't have MG soil kill his/her seedlings.

If I may make a comment here...the internode spacing in this photo looks quite large. It seems to me that these girls are stretching for the light.

Yeah, I don't know of a way...if you do find a way, that'd be stellar instead of wasting energy on the bitches just to get a male..

amen :Namaste:

They look GREAT! Keep it up! :thumb:
All these people claim hard work. Your just silly and look what you got goin' on! :high-five:
A great grower I know doesn't like to mess with nutes and all that crap either. He settled on OC+, which is time released or something so its not the whole hassle of mixing in your water, getting proportions correct, etc.

Your plants look plenty healthy to me though! I'll be watching your grow friend! :Rasta:

It's hard work for the newbies because they tends to worry and care for them a little too much.. like an obsession :cheer:

Subscribed. You're plants are looking fantastic! It's quite amazing at how quickly a root bound plant will go to shit though.

Best of luck! I look forward to the many pictures I'm sure you'll provide.

-T

I'll moving them outdoor in a couple more weeks..

Note to self: bigger pots next time :slide:

High, grow looking good. You're one of the lucky ones that didn't have MG soil kill his/her seedlings.

If I may make a comment here...the internode spacing in this photo looks quite large. It seems to me that these girls are stretching for the light.

What a shame.. I've been using MG for all my grow and success comes every time.. maybe I'm a little too lucky :high-five:

Agreed, I've chop the top for my cloning project, check em out.

1 - Clone top
1_clone.jpg

2 - Fimmed babe
2_fimmed.jpg

3 - Clone box
3_clone_box.jpg

Feel free to drop any comments even if it's a dumb silly ones, enjoy!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom