Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Hey :420: welcome to my third journal.I was talking to the guy that designed my led's a few weeks back and he told me that he got his best results running the room cooler than most led guidlines suggest. He ran his room at 78 degrees daytime 70 degrees nightime. He also told me his best results were with minimal defoliation, He suggested putting less plants in the room and to spread them out more to help get the light to the lower nodes and to just remove the large fans covering the lower sites.So since this is probably my last round with this cut of Purple Kush and I know what to expect from it ive decide to follow his method this round and see for myself which tecnique works the best with these lights. Those temps are pretty much perfect for hps growing so I hope hes right.
So this round there will only be 15 plants in the system and maybe a couple of Black Domina's in the waterfarms(I dont want to wait until October to find out if its any good).

Flower Room Dimensions 18 x12.
System- 15 bucket top drip recirculating system with a 1/2 hp Eco plus Chiller.
Climate control-24 000 btu Freidrich mini split with heat pump- 70 litre dehumidifier.
The room is sealed with a tank style co2 system.
50 gallon res that will be kept at a constant 62 degrees.
1000 gpd Hydrologic Reverse Osmosis system.(still in the mail)
4 x 600w led's and 2 1000w vented hps.
Nutrients-Blue Planet Nutrients High Yield System with Dutch Masters Zone to keep things nice and sterile.Tecnaflora cal/mag on standby if needed.
3 x 16 inch oscilating fans for airflow with a 4 inch vortex inline fan on the floor to keep the co2 moving.
6 inch vortex fan and carbon filter for the scrubber. I took it off the ceiling and put it upright on the floor to help keep the co2 off the floor.

I think that covers just about everything. I transplanted the girls into they're new homes last night, they vegged for close to a month in the 4 x 4 flood and drain table in the veg room.They have only been topped once so far and will probably get topped one more time for 8 to 12 main colas( this will make it easier to spread them out for light penetration.Im aiming for 10 to 12 oz per plant or 10+ pds.
Full view
DSCF31432.JPG

DSCF3155.JPG

The 2 Jack's
DSCF31442.JPG
DSCF31451.JPG

Blue OG.This clone was taken from a plant 4 weeks into flower so she looks a little funny but shes starting to get 5 fingered leaves now.
DSCF3146.JPG

and a few of the Purple Kush
DSCF31471.JPG
DSCF31491.JPG
DSCF3152.JPG
DSCF3153.JPG
DSCF31571.JPG

Nutes
DSCF31561.JPG

Mini split a/c
DSCF31392.JPG
DSCF3158.JPG

CO2 900 to 1100 ppm's
DSCF31601.JPG

Scrubber
DSCF31611.JPG

1/2 hp ecoplus chiller.I installed it on the otherside of the res room wall in the storage room where its nice and cool.
DSCF31331.JPG

All comments, questions and pics are welcome here, so pull up a chair and enjoy the show, hopefully this will be my best round yet and I hit that ellusive 10 pd mark:)

re: Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Man you got that set up fast bro :) I'm looking forward to watching this grow :high-five:

Yeah what Curso said!:) any faster and we would be waiting for the smoke report:)
Ah A nice cool room to bask in the loveliness.
best of luck on the newest Journal and grow and life ahead Jon:circle-of-love:

Really interested in watching this grow - sub'ed. Thanks for sharing with us all!

Happy Growing! :party:

subbed. Did I make page 1?

OMG! :thedoubletake: :yikes:

You knew I'd be watching anyway, but it's kinda cool to be here at the beginning for once.

Yup lol...I got totally baked and into the zone last night, so I didnt stop until it was done:)

That's how all grow rooms get done, right? :winkyface:

So you got your mini split in huh? I'm so jealous :blalol:
I was just wondering how long until we saw the next run. I saw that you were putting the autos outside, so I knew you wouldn't let this space sit empty very long. Still love your setup.

Will this run also be an experiment of HPS vs LED? I'm still undecided how to gear up my second flowering room. Once I get the mini split, I can run all HPS if I decide to go that route. That's just a TON of electricity when you include cooling.

Looks awesome my friend. I love those colored tomato cages. I've been eyeballing some of those myself. :bravo:

subbed. Did I make page 1?

OMG! :thedoubletake: :yikes:

You knew I'd be watching anyway, but it's kinda cool to be here at the beginning for once.

That's how all grow rooms get done, right? :winkyface:

So you got your mini split in huh? I'm so jealous :blalol:
I was just wondering how long until we saw the next run. I saw that you were putting the autos outside, so I knew you wouldn't let this space sit empty very long. Still love your setup.

Will this run also be an experiment of HPS vs LED? I'm still undecided how to gear up my second flowering room. Once I get the mini split, I can run all HPS if I decide to go that route. That's just a TON of electricity when you include cooling.

Looks awesome my friend. I love those colored tomato cages. I've been eyeballing some of those myself. :bravo:

Haha you beat me to it bro I just sent you an invite:) I guess every run with both lights is an experiment until I decide which way im going. Tbo I think it will be led, there was only a 3 oz difference in the 3 plant test last round and the led's are covering twice the space, just gotta get alot more led's to fill the space.

Yup lol...I got totally baked and into the zone last night, so I didnt stop until it was done:)

Haha you beat me to it bro I just sent you an invite:) I guess every run with both lights is an experiment until I decide which way im going. Tbo I think it will be led, there was only a 3 oz difference in the 3 plant test last round and the led's are covering twice the space, just gotta get alot more led's to fill the space.

haha I noticed the invite right after I posted :rofl:

Thanks for the quick response...
hmmm I must not have caught up on your old journal since you posted results. That or I forgot. :tokin:

I'm still keeping on eye on McLoadie's induction lamp too. I'm glad he is doing the HPS comparison test. I'm leaning towards LEDs too. Less power has lots of benefits. Cheaper, probably quieter, easier to control temps and humidity, etc.

The scary part will be deciding which LEDs to buy if or when I decide to go that route. Oh well, I got several months to decide. :)

Again, great job on the room. I bet this is your best run yet! :thumb:

You know I am subscribed lol. I am super jazzed to see another go at that elusive 10 P mark. I know if not this time that you will hit it soon. Is that the new mini-split? If so how was the do it yourself install?
Thanks again for the link
Reps bro, super nice install or reload, whatever you want to call it sorry lol.

hey mate.

looking nice as usual.

what do u think of bpn? as a full line up compared to other nutes? Ive done 2 grows with it. 1 with 2 part and 1 with high yield pack. IMO def quality nutes...but although relatively cheap, it doesn't last long compared to other nutes. so I get through maybe a gallon wen compared to half gallon of other nutes. and for me cost of shipping added to that means its no good unless I order huge quantities which isn't possible for bpn just now. I def not putting bpn down, its def a quality product, but do u think AN/Canna are better? or what are ur thoughts? if I could get more bulk orders, say a container on a ship i'd buy shit loads to get price down but think there are some better additives around. that's just my opinion and it comes down to growers talent how a crop turns out at the end of day but nutes are important. my average nute res is 500-700litres so I have a lot to consider as my nute bills are high. I bulk buy cos as u know I run multiple grows, just curious on ur thoughts. Need to get a better deal on my nutes cos its costing me $000's a month.

Back
Top Bottom