Jonny's Basement

I have the homemade version of the Honey Bee extractor. OK, very home made! Haven't used it in a while but after I get done with my pollen box I'm going to run the remaining leaves in my homemade HB and see if they have anything left. A trich is a terrible thing to waste!

Getting a clay press tomorrow from Michael's. Gonna make me some pucks. What's the difference I can expect in smoking a part of a puck vs sprinkling some kief on top of a bowl? Do you also put it on top of some bud or do you smoke it alone or glass it? I suspect all of the above but want to know the "best" way.

I have the homemade version of the Honey Bee extractor. OK, very home made! Haven't used it in a while but after I get done with my pollen box I'm going to run the remaining leaves in my homemade HB and see if they have anything left. A trich is a terrible thing to waste!

Getting a clay press tomorrow from Michael's. Gonna make me some pucks. What's the difference I can expect in smoking a part of a puck vs sprinkling some kief on top of a bowl? Do you also put it on top of some bud or do you smoke it alone or glass it? I suspect all of the above but want to know the "best" way.

Pressing it in a clay press only makes it burn slower. I cut a little chunk and put it on some nugs, just like kief. I baked my last puck, while it was still in the press, for about ten min. on very low heat. I wanted to see if there would be a difference and I did notice that it had melded together more than just pressing. It was slightly more potent and burned slower yet.

Yeah, hopefully it'll be worth it and I'll enjoy the honey oil. I can't imagine I wouldn't. Thats cool, I've seen people make them. Seem to work great.

I haven't made pucks yet. I normally put a bunch of kief in a cellephane and press it down with a lighter. then bake it for 15 min at 175 then press it again, then bakeit again. then let it sit overnight. I think it's much more potent after pressing for sure. But I should have the press within the week, so i can't wait to make myself some bubblepucks :)

The difference is mainly the slow burn.

Put Kief on a screen in a pipe, hit it with a flame and WOOF ! It burns up.

Put 1/6 of a puck on that screen and it will burn slow and give you 6 hits from the puck, instead of one.

I just read up on the Honey Bee Extractor and I don't think we can talk HOW TO here with it.

I have the homemade version of the Honey Bee extractor. OK, very home made! .....

:rofl:LMFAO:rofl:..When I ran across it I got a good laugh. I like the subject ya'll ar talking about. Just to add my 2 cents. I "fluff" the hash or keif if its pressed. I just heat the peice I am going to use with a lighter, chip it off and let the heat literally fluff it. YOu dont need to keep the flame to it the whole time. Just enough to let it expand. I pack the bowl 75% full then place the keif or hash on top then finish fill the bowl. This will allow you to use indirect heat to smoke the hash/keif/ Kinda like a Charcoal BBQ, its best to cook indirectly so not to toast yor steaks. Its always worked best this way. For me at least. I dont burn the hash and it never really touches the flame. This way you dont waste any of it, cause if it falls down into the bowl you have the other 75% of the bowl to have it fall onto. Just my thoughts, sorry for coming out of nowhere w/ it. :ganjamon:

Naw Butcher, I asked for info and you gave it to me. Many thanks. I did get one of those cheap ass Michael's presses but it's the $12 plunger type and I have to muscle up to get it pressed into a puck. I'll probaly get a better version soon but this will make a god back-up. I did smoke a good chunk of that puck this afternoon. You're right that it give you more control and kind of sits there like a piece of charcoal waiting for you to hit it. I shared with a couple of buddies who came over to sample and we all agree it's a good investment and better equipment would be well worth it.

Local Michael's did have the silk screen so it looks like I'll order on-line. I have a 40% off coupon to use anyway.

Naw Butcher, I asked for info and you gave it to me. Many thanks. I did get one of those cheap ass Michael's presses but it's the $12 plunger type and I have to muscle up to get it pressed into a puck. I'll probaly get a better version soon but this will make a god back-up. I did smoke a good chunk of that puck this afternoon. You're right that it give you more control and kind of sits there like a piece of charcoal waiting for you to hit it. I shared with a couple of buddies who came over to sample and we all agree it's a good investment and better equipment would be well worth it.

Local Michael's did have the silk screen so it looks like I'll order on-line. I have a 40% off coupon to use anyway.

Ahh nice! was it because they didn't have it in the store? I was going to get a kief box, but my wife said I bought enough stuff for myself this week. Guess she's right. But supposedly my pollen press is on the way. It's a cheap one (cheapest they had) but I have a sharpstone grinder I got from them that is of excellent quality. So I can't wait to try it out. Especially after I get my bubblebags :yahoo:

Im freaking out! Im so ready for pics and smoke report! Damn you! : P

I MAY or May not take a pic of the mother and 6 clones I took yesterday. If I do,may
I just post like 2 pics in here instead of making my own thread? : )

Ohh Btw I did some reading last night. Because I know my oil didint work out in the brownies but I figured that if I just got more oil then maybe It'll be fine. Well I put 1 Fl. Oz Of the oil (0.5 Grams) in some eggs and scrabbled them. Put on buttered toast. I could feel that It did somthing but the dose wasint high enough. I fear anymore than 1 Oz of oil at a time and Ill have the shits! lol. I wonder if theres a way to reduce down my oil?

Ok sorry for the book : P
Laters
DaC

I ordered a Sharpstone press and some 110 SS on ebay last night. I can pick the frame up locally. Not much stops me when I get the urge to purchase play toys. I use them all!

Did you get it from Halfbakedgoods? I like those guys. I ordered Friday and it was shipped Saturday. Should have it within the week.

Sure did Jonny and I did get a shipment notice with a tracking number. That's customer service! We should get them as a sponsor! Sonig if you are reading this pass it on or PM me who to tell to go after Halfbakedgoods as potetial sponsor that has some satified customers waiting for them to step up!

Ok So I know you didn't answer me but Im sure you wont mind if I
Post up a couple pics of my grow I wanted to show you : P

Ok first up is my mother inside of my "darkroom 60" tent : )

Up next is just 3 bagseed that i planted to get my HPS in light rotation
and out of sheer boredom : )

Alright. now these are 6 clones I took : )
Alot dryer in there but the cubes are still moist. I havint watered the cubes
Besides when they were soaking. : P

AND....I found this in wallyworld...WTF?lol :bongrip:

Laters
DaC

Thanks yall for the compliments! As for the questions I wont be answering any on
This thread. You can message me if ud like but Im not going to thread jack : )

C5R I remember u! How ya been? So you switched over here to?

Laters
DaC

Got some new glass today... Check it out.

You're gonna need a power washer to clean that! LOL!

Ha, Its actually really easy to clean!I thought it would be real hard, but all you have to do it put a little cleaner/water in the ash catcher and blow though. Voila! It is dangerous though... haven't been this baked in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom