Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Wishing the entire 420 community a happy and safe holiday on this Christmas day. I hope y'all are having the time of your lives getting drunk with your families. I'm on my continuing mission to try and get my parents to try my weed. I might have a shot this year. My mom tried weed in the 70s and I'm sure it was dirt knowing my mom. My stepdad never has. I try with weed, I offer to make edibles, etc, and so far no luck. I've always been oddly kinda jealous of those of you who can and do get high with your parents, that must be so cool. Christmas 2021? Maybe the day! They both like the smell of the Raspberry Parfait, that's my best shot. Lol.

Hope Santa was good to everyone and more importantly I hope he was good to your kids. It's their day anyway.

So for my Christmas contribution, I'd like to share the three buds from the tent plants - the Ghost Train Haze, the Slurricane, and the Hulkberry, as you see them L to R under the tree.. All cured and finished and tasting sweet and getting me way stoned. This also presents my stepfather's version of "getting us a tree." He got a little confused apparently about whether it was Christmas or Valentine's Day so he went with both. Or something. Lol. If I was home in Pa this tree would have lots of little individual sweet buds wrapped up in little boxes with wrapping paper, like little presents, addressed to my friends who would open their gifts as they stopped by. Here, not so much, but I tried to show you a few presents under the tree. Again, L to R is GTH, Slurricane, Hulkberry. Then there's a closeup of each bud in the same order. Then the last one is a picture of, well....you know how you guys drive around and see snowy roads and lot of houses lit up with Christmas lights? Here it's a little different - this would be your Florida outdoor Christmas decoration. This is one of the folks who go minimalist, which I appreciate. I'll show you a picture later when I walk Molly that way of a family that does not go minimalist, more like maximum cheese. Lol. But highly entertaining.

Getting together with @oldmanjj (who actually has a real name, go figure, lol) here at my place on Monday! My first face to face meeting with a friend from the forum. Very cool, we'll have a blast I'm sure.

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays everyone. Enjoy.

Merry Christmas tree.jpg

Merry Christmas closeup.jpg

Christmas Ghost Train Haze.jpg

Christmas Slurricane.jpg

Christmas Hulkberry.jpg

Florida Christmas Tree.jpg

Epilogue

You guys have seen me express effusive thanks many a time on here. I tend to overdo it apparently it has been reported to me. Maybe so maybe not. But I'll pare it down a bit for this one. This journal brought me a lot of fun, a lot of practice, a lot of learning, and a title under my name. Very special journal for me. Very special grow as well, I'd call it my first truly successful one. All five of the plants in this grow turned out great. The yield in the end is around 21.5 ounces of jarred, trimmed as I do, buds. (Well, the Sour Apple is gone....lol) I'll take that any day, even if the almost 7 ounces of the Chunkadelic skew that figure a little. The quality on all five is very high, even the Chunkadelic for 18% weed. I believe I hit the 30% threshold with the Slurricane and the Ghost Train Haze, wish I had a way to test them. Both of them are incredibly powerful, one hit weed. The Hulkberry is no joke either. I told you already my love for the Sour Apple, and I am really enjoying giving away the Chunkadelic to anyone who smokes who comes by. Lmao. But I even smoke a little of that just cuz it tastes great. So I'm very happy about the whole thing.

Of course none of it would be possible without the help from the 420 family here, and several individuals in particular. I'm not going to list them cuz I'll miss someone, it would be impossible not to. I get too much help from too many sources, some of whom are not even aware of it. But for those of you who spent special time with me on this grow, thank you sincerely. You know who you are.

Thanks to the sponsors and moderators for the work y'all do too. I would not be rocking some of the nutes and lights I'm using without the sponsors here and their generous prize packages and support, and the mods work speaks for itself. Thanks guys.

Ok, so I gave you the stats, you've all seen a million closeups, so as we say goodnight to a completed journal, I'll leave you with a group shot of the four strains we still possess. The best picture of the Sour Apple I possess is the BOTM entry from last month.

Thank you all for your support.

L to R:

Chunkadelic > Ghost Train Haze > Hulkberry > Slurricane

final pic grow journal of grow 3.jpg

@Teddy Edwards, if you could please move this to completed journals I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. I will post smoke reports on the various strains in the strain review section.

Another one down!!!

Epilogue

You guys have seen me express effusive thanks many a time on here. I tend to overdo it apparently it has been reported to me. Maybe so maybe not. But I'll pare it down a bit for this one. This journal brought me a lot of fun, a lot of practice, a lot of learning, and a title under my name. Very special journal for me. Very special grow as well, I'd call it my first truly successful one. All five of the plants in this grow turned out great. The yield in the end is around 21.5 ounces of jarred, trimmed as I do, buds. (Well, the Sour Apple is gone....lol) I'll take that any day, even if the almost 7 ounces of the Chunkadelic skew that figure a little. The quality on all five is very high, even the Chunkadelic for 18% weed. I believe I hit the 30% threshold with the Slurricane and the Ghost Train Haze, wish I had a way to test them. Both of them are incredibly powerful, one hit weed. The Hulkberry is no joke either. I told you already my love for the Sour Apple, and I am really enjoying giving away the Chunkadelic to anyone who smokes who comes by. Lmao. But I even smoke a little of that just cuz it tastes great. So I'm very happy about the whole thing.

Of course none of it would be possible without the help from the 420 family here, and several individuals in particular. I'm not going to list them cuz I'll miss someone, it would be impossible not to. I get too much help from too many sources, some of whom are not even aware of it. But for those of you who spent special time with me on this grow, thank you sincerely. You know who you are.

Thanks to the sponsors and moderators for the work y'all do too. I would not be rocking some of the nutes and lights I'm using without the sponsors here and their generous prize packages and support, and the mods work speaks for itself. Thanks guys.

Ok, so I gave you the stats, you've all seen a million closeups, so as we say goodnight to a completed journal, I'll leave you with a group shot of the four strains we still possess. The best picture of the Sour Apple I possess is the BOTM entry from last month.

Thank you all for your support.

L to R:

Chunkadelic > Ghost Train Haze > Hulkberry > Slurricane

final pic grow journal of grow 3.jpg
Hi @Jon I sent you a message and I don't know if she arrived with a photo? Thanks for the reply and otherwise a very successful stick

Fantastic journal Jon, lots of great info. I learned that pollinated buds turn color! Congrats on the nice harvest.
Happy Growing.

Hi @Jon I sent you a message and I don't know if she arrived with a photo? Thanks for the reply and otherwise a very successful stick
Hi @Kanno26, no I must have missed that one. Can you send it again? We need to move our communication to my other journal now, as this one is about to get moved to the completed journals section. You can go to the other one with this link: Jon's First Outdoor Grow: Sugar Breath Photoperiod & Strawberry Banana Autoflower. I'm sure there's a better way to do that but I haven't figured it out yet. Lol. Happy new year Kanno and please resend your message and photo to the new locale!

Thanks for a most excellent journal @Jon ! I’ve seen some phenomenal pics, learned some interesting info, and enjoyed reading all the discussions!

I'm trolling today. Bored out of my mind LoL :hookah:
:hookah:
Fair enough. I'm there often. Maybe you'd have more fun trolling my actual current journal? That one actually has live plants from right now in it. Lol.

Fair enough. I'm there often. Maybe you'd have more fun trolling my actual current journal? That one actually has live plants from right now in it. Lol.
Which one is that one. I figure was this one. Lmao

My seed collection started just like this. I have a quart jar in the fridge and about to need a second one. Before I knew it I was sitting on 100 different varieties of seeds! Looks to me like you are well on the way to doing the same!
Hey Amilya! I’m here researching about autos. I started an auto but thought it was a photo so I did mild topping and training, and snipped one “clone” that may be useless….. but about storing seeds - my outdoor garden seeds got delivered just before below freezing and blizzard conditions and were in between back door and storm door for five days, dry in 1/4 inch thick insulated plastic mailing envelope. What do you think? Will my seeds be damaged? All basic stuff: tomatoes, beans, melons, etc. You store weed seeds long term so you must be a savant in seed storage and handling, I’m thinking, because you’re a savant on weed growing generally. ☺️ I’ll be reading onward in search of auto wisdom.

Praying is a direct result and indicator of how much transpiration is happening. The only way those leaves can raise up like that is when the water pressure in the xylem reaches the optimal level. This means that the roots are unobstructed and able to suck up the maximum amount of water over time and in addition to that, the leaves have enough light/heat hitting them and breeze helping them to evaporate off a significant amount of that water. The leaves reach a point of 45 degrees and all the ridges stand up to increase the surface area of the leaf. The angle that the leaves present to the light is the maximum compromise between gathering photons and allowing as significant amount of the light energy to penetrate the leaf and go to the next level. It really is a beautiful thing, this praying, when you understand what all is going on, and going right, in a plant that can do this every time the light comes on and all through the watering cycle. Some people only see this right at the end of the watering cycle, when the container is mostly dry and the plants are sucking hard to get the last of the water.
So informative! Thanks for sharing this cool phenom!

Hey Amilya! I’m here researching about autos. I started an auto but thought it was a photo so I did mild topping and training, and snipped one “clone” that may be useless….. but about storing seeds - my outdoor garden seeds got delivered just before below freezing and blizzard conditions and were in between back door and storm door for five days, dry in 1/4 inch thick insulated plastic mailing envelope. What do you think? Will my seeds be damaged? All basic stuff: tomatoes, beans, melons, etc. You store weed seeds long term so you must be a savant in seed storage and handling, I’m thinking, because you’re a savant on weed growing generally. ☺️ I’ll be reading onward in search of auto wisdom.
The seeds will be fine... I store mine longterm in a mason jar, in the fridge.

Thanks Emilya!
Hi @thinkbetter12...hey just a head's up - you're having this conversation with @Emilya in a discontinued finished journal. You would learn a lot more and find a ton more information from E if you shifted over to her threads - any of them, cuz nobody else is talking here. Just so you know, not as if I mind or anything, and you guys are also welcome anytime to have these discussions in my current journal instead as well. I like side discussions in my journals cuz everyone learns more. Cool?

Back
Top Bottom