Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

If it is a photo and on 20/4 won't it reveg?
If it’s a photo it’s been on 20/4 the whole time so I don’t know why it would have to REveg. I’m not yet prepared to say it’s flowering til I see actual buds. In that case I guess I’ll just leave it in the tent on 20/4 and see what happens. Interesting though regardless.

I was refilling the peroxide in preparation of flower and thought I'd shoot a photo of the roots. It's hard to show the density or depth of these but they are eating/drinking 2 gallons per day.

BD22 D48-3.JPG
Is the peroxide what keeps them so clean and white? And wow.

Looks like an auto to me although every one I grew ( 3 so far, :rolleyes:) started flowering after three or four weeks.
I agree with @Emilya Green , that is a flowering plant. I would be very happy if I was growing regular seeds.
Nope, I didn't say that. In Missouri the law reads that any plant that is showing any pistols is considered to be blooming as far as my blooming plant count goes. They know what we're doing and they know that if we can veg for 2 months, we are producing way too much medicine.
That being said, let's treat this as a learning moment. I have never believed that flowering starts as soon as many people think it does. I wait at least 7 days, sometimes as much as 11 days for blooming or flowering to actually occur after I've changed to 12/12. A few pistols here and there doesn't cut it. I want to see instead of green leaf Mass coming out of the growth tips, instead the plant is developing flowers. If that isn't happening, the plant technically isn't blooming. It can be pollinated at this point and you can play with it a little bit, but until you tell a photo plant to go and then wait a week for it to actually do it, It's not blooming.

Is the peroxide what keeps them so clean and white? And wow
Yes,
My reservoir runs from 72* to 79* which promotes fungus and bacteria. Peroxide kills those and provides a bit of extra oxygen. In sterile hydro I don't need the beneficial bacteria. I use an aquarium heater to keep it above 71*. This seventeen gallon heat source stabilizes the cabinet temp and increases humidity.

Nope, I didn't say that. In Missouri the law reads that any plant that is showing any pistols is considered to be blooming as far as my blooming plant count goes. They know what we're doing and they know that if we can veg for 2 months, we are producing way too much medicine.
That being said, let's treat this as a learning moment. I have never believed that flowering starts as soon as many people think it does. I wait at least 7 days, sometimes as much as 11 days for blooming or flowering to actually occur after I've changed to 12/12. A few pistols here and there doesn't cut it. I want to see instead of green leaf Mass coming out of the growth tips, instead the plant is developing flowers. If that isn't happening, the plant technically isn't blooming. It can be pollinated at this point and you can play with it a little bit, but until you tell a photo plant to go and then wait a week for it to actually do it, It's not blooming.
Well said, thanks. I actually wait for the pistils to be showing instead of leaf tips before I stop training.
In the past I have considered it flowering as soon as pistils were visible in the new growth but I have noticed a "shift" in the plant when the pistils are leading the tips. I may now have to differentiate between flip and flower.
Nice learning moment.
:Namaste:

I agree 100%. No budlets, no flower. I think she’s just an early pistil producing plant. Barney’s didn’t put an auto seed in a photo seed pack. Lol.

Well said, thanks. I actually wait for the pistils to be showing instead of leaf tips before I stop training.
In the past I have considered it flowering as soon as pistils were visible in the new growth but I have noticed a "shift" in the plant when the pistils are leading the tips. I may now have to differentiate between flip and flower.
Nice learning moment.
:Namaste:
I love those! She’s given me tons of them.

Crescendo
Veg

I was talking about this Sombrero Quad training style, here’s a bit more.

I said there would end up being 4 towers at the end, ie, our quad. The picture shows the four. Those four little shoots are going to become ounces of great weed and long colas. It never ceases to amaze me. Anyway, in a perfect world, the two lower ones catch up to the two upper ones pretty soon and at the end all four are relatively the same size. It worked perfectly with the Watermelon WeddingCake from the last grow, those four towers couldn’t have been more even.

That’s all I got for now.

E48671F5-575C-458D-B06F-261C8BE904AB.jpeg

I agree with Emily it take my plants 7-9 days to switch over to flowering. I if u don't dark out it will take that long to show

I agree with Emily it take my plants 7-9 days to switch over to flowering. I if u don't dark out it will take that long to show
Dark it out. You’re talking about on the flip, right? For like 24 hours of dark then begin 12/12? It’s supposed to accelerate the transition. Have you done it ever?

It's already showing. That's what he's trying to slow down.
I think by showing E is referring to what I call budlets. And she hasn’t shown that yet. I’m debating just tossing her outside now and even though she’d end up small at least I feel I’d know what’s going on

Back
Top Bottom