Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

Crescendo
Veg

This girl is coming in to her own in almost perfect fashion. Quintessential Sombrero Quad. Very nice and even 8-cola lower ring as shown in the picture. Additionally, the two lower nodes at the topping have done a spectacular job in catching up to the two topping branches, and we now have an almost best case scenario upper quad, also pictured. The whole plant shot shows you the sombrero shape. This girl is close to going to flower. Really I’m just waiting for the Tropicanna Banana to get to about day 14 of flower. The idea in a perfect world is to be able to harvest/dry/trim/jar one plant and then pretty much immediately harvest the next, with no overlap. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A man can dream. Lol!

43666D38-92E6-4B55-B968-9D564E43B264.jpeg

D9807A91-3855-44AC-8320-708DF1735A43.jpeg

4A59AFB9-15A3-4697-A11B-8AFB48DA66A2.jpeg

Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL auto
Day 13

629F5372-625E-4910-988A-87B28201D2D8.jpeg
With autos, this is about when I start to pray and send smoke signals to the powers of the universe in hopes of as many veg days as botanically possible. Lol. Also worth pointing out - another way I tweak the @Prescription Blend feed chart: according to PB they she should be getting week two of the chart. I go to week 3 based on my assessment of when the plant looks ready to begin taking on the elements introduced in week 3 that are not present in week 2. In other words, I jump the gun on the feed chart by about a week.

Ok, as I’ve said, you never know what is going to show up in your grow room around here. The only stinky plant in there right now is the Mac and Jack. I must have missed it in the data where it said “attracts reptiles.”

I just went to open my front door to go check the plants but this fellow gave me pause. Is he small? Yes. Am I going to mess with him? No.

This is about 12 feet from me, I am taking this picture out of the open front door of my place.

:rolleyes:

EA8F08CF-C7F9-4541-82A8-85E4858B2126.jpeg

Ok, as I’ve said, you never know what is going to show up in your grow room around here. The only stinky plant in there right now is the Mac and Jack. I must have missed it in the data where it said “attracts reptiles.”

I just went to open my front door to go check the plants but this fellow gave me pause. Is he small? Yes. Am I going to mess with him? No.

This is about 12 feet from me, I am taking this picture out of the open front door of my place.

:rolleyes:

EA8F08CF-C7F9-4541-82A8-85E4858B2126.jpeg
A new belt? :rofl:
Close the dam door they are fast when they want.;)

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Mac and Jack

This girl’s buds just don’t know when to quit, and they are getting so heavy and massive now that I have put the support mechanisms into full force.

Below you will see exactly why (and literally the only reason) I keep some old 3-gallon pots around that were never emptied. You’ll also see the support system in overdrive. I try to show how I got the plant off of both the right and left side walls too. Finally, now supported and closer to completely visible, is a cola closeup showing just how massive these buds are.

I’m trying really hard to stay casual about this plant and act like it’s just another plant. It’s hard. I know damn well I have gotten lucky and found a very special strain here. And I know a spectacular plant when I see one, which I don’t at all mean egotistically but more like I just can’t even comprehend it. I know lots of you guys who come here have been growing plants like this for a while, but for me just two years and around 60 plants in, it’s amazing. I have no reference point for buds like these. I’m afraid the frost is so thick it’s going to start to mold.

Not even day 40 of flower!!!!!!!

WHOA.

5624778F-E1D9-4632-8138-FC64079EC6FC.jpeg

D01450DF-DF08-452F-8345-3BF1D5991D88.jpeg

E4096C38-B07E-4D37-BF8E-310BB29F834E.jpeg

35E1163C-B9CB-4E93-972F-9FD430456A71.jpeg

1CE78289-7ED7-4639-AA9F-1AC235DAE37D.jpeg

28D136FF-CCBE-447F-AE93-50EA0E72414E.jpeg

@PerfectPipe Prize

Got my Perfect Pipe prize delivered today! Thanks Cindy and Perfect Pipe! As I do, I shall celebrate its arrival by using one of the two as my dedicated kief pipe. They work way well for smoking kief.

Yay!

D76135AE-38E4-442C-9730-557EE99EC67A.jpeg

@PerfectPipe Prize

Got my Perfect Pipe prize delivered today! Thanks Cindy and Perfect Pipe! As I do, I shall celebrate its arrival by using one of the two as my dedicated kief pipe. They work way well for smoking kief.

Yay!

D76135AE-38E4-442C-9730-557EE99EC67A.jpeg
They also work great for a pinch off an "un-ground" bud.

Crescendo
Laura
Veg

Just for fun I had my mom look at the Crescendo and asked her what her name was. Mom: “it’s pretty, why don’t you name it after your sister?”

Done. The Crescendo’s name is Laura.

She’s ready and raring to go. I can’t do the Sombrero Quad better than this, this is exactly what we’re going for. Now she has the silly sombrero shape, allowing for such a silly name. The lower ring is well clear of the towers. The towers are as even as they’re going to get. The ring is pretty even as well. She’s beginning to toss alternating nodes. Whoo hoo!

Some advantages to this training style:

- great for outdoors or tall tents
- produces very strong yields
- probably the easiest of any training style I use, it’s first grow level easy
- looks pretty cool with four towers
- is easily altered for those adventurous people who want to go nuts on topping and such
- allows for long stems under each cola, resulting in bigger colas and more nodes of buds
- support if necessary is easy to install

Say hi to Laura guys. Nobody hits on her or her brother gets pissed. :rofl:

A7CD1539-66E6-461B-A546-DAE316AF7FA7.jpeg

Tropicanna Banana
Flower Day 7

This girl is obviously one of the girls who smokes in the bathroom between classes. She’s unruly and has had a mind of her own from day one. I dare not try to control her. She also does not have what I would call All Star internodal spacing. Pretty far between. At least there’s no more wondering if she’s in flower. Lol.

0F6B659B-182B-43D4-8CFB-2158E581483F.jpeg

5CF35271-0166-4F05-A788-1BE2CFFEEE78.jpeg

You don’t have them in the Midwest?
:rofl:
They have something worse.
Em when someone overwaters after she explained to them not to. :rofl:
Just kidding Em.:love:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

No, we have Snipes. Nasty little critters. That and coyotes. Did you see the story on the news the other night of one trying to drag a toddler off? Don't mess with midwesterners; your little friend there would be lunch for a neighborhood.
I’d love that. I guess these things are beautiful to a herpetologist, nature’s perfect killing machine and yada yada yada, but to me all they do is screw up perfect fishing days and scare the old people. I consider them Florida rats. So if a snipe or two can tear them up, feel free to capture a few and send them down.

Back
Top Bottom