Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Hey Guys, @Emilya, @StoneOtter, @Bill284, @Grand Daddy Black, @Michael Hunt, @Ivumlov, @Bud love, @Backlipslide, @Virgin Ground and anyone else I forgot, I wanted to reach out directly if y'all don't mind - I try not to make it a habit. I'm looking for a little help in terms of expectations. I attached the same photo from the update post. A picture from this evening. The distance from the colas to the sceen is maybe 8-9 inches.

So my plan/thoughts on actions at this point between now and when they flip to 12/12 is kind of this:

- The plants will all get their first true full watering next time they need watering, which will be a couple/three days. They will have been in the fives almost 10 days by then. Does this sound about right or should I wait longer and continue to water just the sides for a while yet?
- I am removing no more anything in terms of leaves on the Jelly Ranchers or the Blueberry Muffin, as they were the three that took the brunt of my early burn. You can see in the pic that the lower left plant, the JR who got the worst hit of all for whatever reason, is still working it out on some leaves. Lol. She'll be fine now. But as a result the growth along the stems is smaller than it should be and I had to remove much more in the middle cuz it was dead or dying. Basically I'm down leaves on those three plants. So I'm gonna let them go. The Pineapples, on the other hand, are so goddamn bushy that I actually took two little leaves from the middles of each today cuz she was getting choke-y in there. I want air moving THROUGH the plant. Anyway, so my targeted six week defoliation is altered by that and by the fact that that DUMB mistake stalled them a whole week easy. Defoliation will just have to happen as it becomes necessary and not before in all cases is the bottom line. I'm kind of hoping to do zero more until I do the big defol under the canopy before I flip. Does that sound logical? It's not like I'm blocking bud sites or anything. My intuition/logic is telling me to let them leaf the hell up now as much as possible. Yes?
- I switched out of the Fox Farms Grow Big altogether, as it's 6-4-4 and even after I reduced it drastically when I restarted the plants after flushing, they still didn't like it too much. I came to the conclusion I needed something gentler so for the remainder of veg I'm using Botanicare Pro Grow for Veg. It's 3-2-4 and considered organic in 49 states. (not Cali, lol) They had one application at 50% so far and seem to enjoy it. I don't think I need to add any other nutes to the veg regimen (which isn't terribly much longer anyway) and I can run it with the Tiger Bloom once budding starts for the first two weeks in place of the Grow Big as recommended. I know how to manage the Tiger Bloom from my first grow, and thanks for the yellow tip post @Emilya, that was awesome. Anyway, I assume at some point some of you have used or use nutrients and likely these. Does this sound logical?
- So the plants begin to grow through the screen and I begin running them under the screen to force them to grow horizontally to fill the screen. I tuck new growth/shoots under the screen as well as they come. Everything. And I target filling it evenly. I sort of get all that in concept, no problem. Here's the part I'm most curious and least informed about. My plants when they hit the screen will have to be in the final spots (I have them centered until then as long as they have air flow). That will be like the five of a die. No other logical way to do it, right? I am thinking an equally spaced five just like a die. I can't think of any advantage to say, starting them all as close to the middle and working the screen outwards, as it seems that would compromise air flow and crowd them. Equally spaced is best, yes? My questions are all about the way to fill the screen the best. How do I prompt the branches to go, as in, what directions do I send them? It's easy enough to divide the screen into five equal squares (if I were diagramming it, say) centered on each plant and fill those squares first with what I have, right? Or should I be running the main colas as far from the plant as possible before the flip? You see where I'm going with this? I have no idea what growth is going to move more quickly and what's going to be the last to the screen, or how often I will have a new shoot to run, or anything like that. I've seen all the videos. Does anyone have a logical pattern or course of action to suggest based on my "five" shaped starting point? Also, the screen has 361 holes, 19x19. Anyone have any thoughts on how many of those I should be able to realistically hope to fill based on what you see? Cuz I will keep these girls in veg as long as is necessary to fill this screen with as many buds as possible, with the understanding that I fill the screen 70-75% before flipping. So any help on any of these fronts is greatly appreciated.

Those are the main things I'm concerned with between now and the flip. I really appreciate any help you guys have, especially since I am probably perceived as long winded. Thanks for bearing with me. Lol. Sorry, just a newbie trying to be clear. Ha.

Happy holiday everyone, and thanks.

Whoa.....jpg

They will have been in the fives almost 10 days by then. Does this sound about right or should I wait longer and continue to water just the sides for a while yet?
HI Jon, I water the edge through the complete grow.
My intuition/logic is telling me to let them leaf the hell up now as much as possible. Yes?
I've had full blown heavy defoliations and no defoliations and somewhere in between is where I am today with this for my grows. There is merit to having leaves around to see issues and to have a bank of leaves to have in reserve for the plant to consume.
My intuition/logic is telling me to let them leaf the hell up now as much as possible. Yes?
Yes
Equally spaced is best, yes?
I do it that way so yep.
How do I prompt the branches to go, as in, what directions do I send them?
They will tell you how you can bend and weave them as they grow. There's a beauty to be found in the random growing. Every day or two things change and you see what to do. The plant gives you everything you need to figure things out. Just understand nothing is perfect. Have a green day!

Hey Guys, @Emilya, @StoneOtter, @Bill284, @Grand Daddy Black, @Michael Hunt, @Ivumlov, @Bud love, @Backlipslide, @Virgin Ground and anyone else I forgot, I wanted to reach out directly if y'all don't mind - I try not to make it a habit. I'm looking for a little help in terms of expectations. I attached the same photo from the update post. A picture from this evening. The distance from the colas to the sceen is maybe 8-9 inches.

So my plan/thoughts on actions at this point between now and when they flip to 12/12 is kind of this:

- The plants will all get their first true full watering next time they need watering, which will be a couple/three days. They will have been in the fives almost 10 days by then. Does this sound about right or should I wait longer and continue to water just the sides for a while yet?
- I am removing no more anything in terms of leaves on the Jelly Ranchers or the Blueberry Muffin, as they were the three that took the brunt of my early burn. You can see in the pic that the lower left plant, the JR who got the worst hit of all for whatever reason, is still working it out on some leaves. Lol. She'll be fine now. But as a result the growth along the stems is smaller than it should be and I had to remove much more in the middle cuz it was dead or dying. Basically I'm down leaves on those three plants. So I'm gonna let them go. The Pineapples, on the other hand, are so goddamn bushy that I actually took two little leaves from the middles of each today cuz she was getting choke-y in there. I want air moving THROUGH the plant. Anyway, so my targeted six week defoliation is altered by that and by the fact that that DUMB mistake stalled them a whole week easy. Defoliation will just have to happen as it becomes necessary and not before in all cases is the bottom line. I'm kind of hoping to do zero more until I do the big defol under the canopy before I flip. Does that sound logical? It's not like I'm blocking bud sites or anything. My intuition/logic is telling me to let them leaf the hell up now as much as possible. Yes?
- I switched out of the Fox Farms Grow Big altogether, as it's 6-4-4 and even after I reduced it drastically when I restarted the plants after flushing, they still didn't like it too much. I came to the conclusion I needed something gentler so for the remainder of veg I'm using Botanicare Pro Grow for Veg. It's 3-2-4 and considered organic in 49 states. (not Cali, lol) They had one application at 50% so far and seem to enjoy it. I don't think I need to add any other nutes to the veg regimen (which isn't terribly much longer anyway) and I can run it with the Tiger Bloom once budding starts for the first two weeks in place of the Grow Big as recommended. I know how to manage the Tiger Bloom from my first grow, and thanks for the yellow tip post @Emilya, that was awesome. Anyway, I assume at some point some of you have used or use nutrients and likely these. Does this sound logical?
- So the plants begin to grow through the screen and I begin running them under the screen to force them to grow horizontally to fill the screen. I tuck new growth/shoots under the screen as well as they come. Everything. And I target filling it evenly. I sort of get all that in concept, no problem. Here's the part I'm most curious and least informed about. My plants when they hit the screen will have to be in the final spots (I have them centered until then as long as they have air flow). That will be like the five of a die. No other logical way to do it, right? I am thinking an equally spaced five just like a die. I can't think of any advantage to say, starting them all as close to the middle and working the screen outwards, as it seems that would compromise air flow and crowd them. Equally spaced is best, yes? My questions are all about the way to fill the screen the best. How do I prompt the branches to go, as in, what directions do I send them? It's easy enough to divide the screen into five equal squares (if I were diagramming it, say) centered on each plant and fill those squares first with what I have, right? Or should I be running the main colas as far from the plant as possible before the flip? You see where I'm going with this? I have no idea what growth is going to move more quickly and what's going to be the last to the screen, or how often I will have a new shoot to run, or anything like that. I've seen all the videos. Does anyone have a logical pattern or course of action to suggest based on my "five" shaped starting point? Also, the screen has 361 holes, 19x19. Anyone have any thoughts on how many of those I should be able to realistically hope to fill based on what you see? Cuz I will keep these girls in veg as long as is necessary to fill this screen with as many buds as possible, with the understanding that I fill the screen 70-75% before flipping. So any help on any of these fronts is greatly appreciated.

Those are the main things I'm concerned with between now and the flip. I really appreciate any help you guys have, especially since I am probably perceived as long winded. Thanks for bearing with me. Lol. Sorry, just a newbie trying to be clear. Ha.

Happy holiday everyone, and thanks.

Whoa.....jpg
Precise and unambiguous @Jon
Nothing wrong with that. :)
You and @dick23rk are writing excellent posts..real good for nuptys like my self, and no doubt others with a lot more experience than I. Easy to follow and very informative.
Peace an buds man

HI Jon, I water the edge through the complete grow.

I've had full blown heavy defoliations and no defoliations and somewhere in between is where I am today with this for my grows. There is merit to having leaves around to see issues and to have a bank of leaves to have in reserve for the plant to consume.

Yes

I do it that way so yep.

They will tell you how you can bend and weave them as they grow. There's a beauty to be found in the random growing. Every day or two things change and you see what to do. The plant gives you everything you need to figure things out. Just understand nothing is perfect. Have a green day!
Awesome. Thank so much for reading and taking the time to respond in detail. I was pretty much there regarding your answers to the watering and letting them leaf up. Your answer to the "where to put them" question is very interesting and I guess I understand what you're saying but I'll have to see it for myself before I really "get" it. It is really the main colas on each plant as they now exist, which is 6 per plant, that I'm wondering about. I makes sense to me that these will be the strongest branches of the plant, therefore they can travel as far away from the central stalk as necessary. The "sub" branches, with less time to grow, will not be as strong. So I'm thinking they should end up closer to the center. I'm thinking ahead to support structures for buds. I get "let the plant tell you where to put stuff," (paraphrasing you) idea, but shouldn't I try at the very least to spread out those main colas evenly like every two numbers on a clock face?

Oh awesome, no I haven't read it. This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. I'll check it out. Thanks so much!
Lots of people use defol technique successfully. I tried for a couple years to do it. Thinking I'm helping my girls. Till it got out of hand one grow and I said the hell with it and just let them go. I got my best pull yet. So next grow I let them go again and my pull was even better. Consequently I don't touch my ladies any more. If you look at pics your can see the same leaves from veg to harvest. I don't remove anything at all ever. I'm happy with my ladies and they are happy also. Just 2 cents my friend.
Bill

Hi Guys -

This is a quick photo update/question for those who may have answers/input/opinions.

This is a picture of one of the cola stems on the Blueberry Muffin. Please ignore that burnt, cut growth at the top which is just from the previous nute burn that I haven't cut off yet. Lol. But the rest of that new growth goes from the base of the stem to the cola. It's hard to tell size in the picture cuz I didn't want to stick a tape measure in there near all that delicate growth, but the distance from node to node that you see is between 1/4" and a 1/2". The longest space is a half an inch. Every single branch on every plant has nodes exactly spaced as such. I know enough to know that this is in part a testament to the new light, I'm not sure what else accounts for this except genetics?

So I've been saying on here that I have tight nodes but it occurred to me that in reality I don't have any first hand experience with tight nodes. How the hell do I know what a tight node is? Lol. (So much easier to learn when you remove your own ego from the equation and admit your ignorance. Ignorance isn't a negative thing - it's a tool to be used to acquire information and knowledge. Knowing one is ignorant is the first step to not being. Lol. A bit of philosophy for a Monday...) So one of my questions is,
- Are these tight? Is this what I want? And if not, is there any way I can generate TIGHTER nodes?

My other question regarding this picture is about the scrog. As I understand you guys and my research, when this branch (and all of them) gets tucked under the screen and begins to grow horizontally out, this new growth is going to grow VERTICALLY. And as it gets long enough, it too is going to get tucked under the screen to grow horizontally. Etc, etc, for each plant. And I guess those are the shoots that are going to fill the gaps between the main colas once they are spread out like a clock. This will keep happening until I get a screen that is 75% full. I know this may sound like a repeat question, but the chips are soon to be down so I am just trying to make SURE I am as well prepared as possible. So basically my question is pretty simple:
- Is my understanding of what's going to happen as related above accurate? If not, how so?

Then a follow up question based on both the above paragraphs:
- If I do indeed have what is considered "tight" nodes (which I *think* I do?), doesn't that logically indicate that I will have, like, a SIGNIFICANT number of new shoots in pretty quick fashion once these main colas go horizontal at the screen? And if that is indeed the case, does anyone have the SLIGHTEST estimate for me on how quickly I should probably be able to fill this screen?

I hope the photo provides enough information. It was pretty much the only branch I could get the camera in to photograph without disturbing something I didn't want to disturb. Lol. Thanks guys in advance for any input anyone may have!!!

Blueberry Muffin nodal growth.jpg

Lots of people use defol technique successfully. I tried for a couple years to do it. Thinking I'm helping my girls. Till it got out of hand one grow and I said the hell with it and just let them go. I got my best pull yet. So next grow I let them go again and my pull was even better. Consequently I don't touch my ladies any more. If you look at pics your can see the same leaves from veg to harvest. I don't remove anything at all ever. I'm happy with my ladies and they are happy also. Just 2 cents my friend.
Bill
Thank you Bill. Yeah, I sort of tended to feel the same way. Generally anything I have taken or will take is confined to only those leaves that are either under everything and getting zero light, or leaves that are blocking bud sites/new growth sites that need light, and maybe a couple here and there for air flow. My "six week defol" would look nothing like the aggressive defoliations I've seen in many a grow journal. My 40 year grower buddy feels exactly as you do. I really do too at heart, but I also believe that in a tent under LEDs, defoliation to expose bud sites is perfectly okay and necessary to increase yield. But I try to keep it to a minimum. If those plants hadn't gotten burned you'd see TONS of leaves because I wouldn't have removed a one of them. The burn was bad. I screwed up. But they're obviously recovered now so now I let them leaf the hell up. THANKS!!!!

Thank you Bill. Yeah, I sort of tended to feel the same way. Generally anything I have taken or will take is confined to only those leaves that are either under everything and getting zero light, or leaves that are blocking bud sites/new growth sites that need light, and maybe a couple here and there for air flow. My "six week defol" would look nothing like the aggressive defoliations I've seen in many a grow journal. My 40 year grower buddy feels exactly as you do. I really do too at heart, but I also believe that in a tent under LEDs, defoliation to expose bud sites is perfectly okay and necessary to increase yield. But I try to keep it to a minimum. If those plants hadn't gotten burned you'd see TONS of leaves because I wouldn't have removed a one of them. The burn was bad. I screwed up. But they're obviously recovered now so now I let them leaf the hell up. THANKS!!!!
I don't know how bad the burn was its cut off in pic I see.
Some minor burning on tips isn't terrible. When the plant is basically full and can't take any more food at thar moment it show burnt tips. No real harm.
Just your girls signaling they are full and are telling their roots to stop uptaking food for now. Keep that in mind. I found if I removed leaves any damage just progressed to healthy leaves. So they may look pretty beat up but burnt leaves still have value.

I don't know how bad the burn was its cut off in pic I see.
Some minor burning on tips isn't terrible. When the plant is basically full and can't take any more food at thar moment it show burnt tips. No real harm.
Just your girls signaling they are full and are telling their roots to stop uptaking food for now. Keep that in mind. I found if I removed leaves any damage just progressed to healthy leaves. So they may look pretty beat up but burnt leaves still have value.
Thanks. I left them until they were all the way dead, that's why there were so many "squared off" leaves...my attempt to keep the viable part of the leaf until it wasn't so.

Autoflower Update
Day 36 (4), Day 28 (2), Day 24 (3)
Exactly where we are at this moment and lots of pot porn

Autotown continues to hum along. Here's the deal since the last post:

- Cinderella Jacks continue to stretch like sativas
- Gorilla Zkittlez continues to stay indica-ish and bushy with less stretch than the Cinderellas
- Pineapple Express' are close to preflowering and are the largest strain of the four strains
- Lemons also close to preflowering and are the smallest and most delicate of the four strains
- I continue to train all branches to spread them out as evenly as possible and tuck tons of leaves to expose sites to light.
- I continue to clip a leaf here and there if it is completely buried and getting zero light, or if it is blocking a bud site and is completely un-tuckable. That's it. Very minimal, very targeted.
- The stems on these plants for their age are incredibly thick in my opinion - picture included.
- The buds and sugar leaves on the budding plants are starting to show frost, especially the Gorilla Zkittlez which was the first plant to begin budding and the furthest along in terms of the size of her buds. Closeups included.
- The plants are going through a half gallon of water (enough for enough runoff to measure with my stick type measuring tool) in about 36 hours or less and that pace is accelerating rapidly. Exactly a half gallon, as I am watering a specific amount (if it works, which it does presently) each time so that I have a very accurate indication of how much water they are drinking and how long that volume takes. More information will only help me dial it in, which I'm finding is a constant ongoing process throughout the entire grow. I am about to start to have to be spending a ton of time watering. Lol. They are very thirsty for their size. I test by observation, weight of the pot, and finally by using my long pronged hydrometer to test the bottoms of the pots for moisture.
- For the numbers people who may be reading this or are growing autoflowers for the first time, these numbers are working extremely well for me:
Average Daytime Temperature Range: 76 - 80 degrees
Average Nightime Temperature Range: 68 - 72 degrees
Average Humidity: 45 - 55 percent
Lights/Par Measurement: 22 hours on, 2 hours off as they have been for the entire grow, average 950 par down the middle and 700 par on the outer two rows
Nutes:
BUDDING PLANTS - 100% Big Bloom, 50% Grow Big, 75% Tiger Bloom, basing feeding on weeks 5,6,7 of the Fox Farms soil feeding schedule and adapting it to what I believe the plants are liking the best. 1 tbsp. blackstrap molasses/gallon with each nute watering as well that goes right in with the nutrients, and every third watering plain water with CalMag plus Iron, plus a top down soil treatment of mycorrhizae at day 30 to help augment the roots.
VEGGING PLANTS - 100% Big Bloom, 66.6% Grow Big, every third watering plain water with CalMag plus Iron, will get top down mycorrhizae at day 30
- I am considering grabbing two cheap LED bar lights around 150 or 200 watts that I can run over top of the two outer rows of plants. That would allow me to bring the main lights lower and raise my par numbers across the canopy to 1000 or more, whatever the plants can take. As it is, the plants in the middle will inevitably turn out better than the ones on the outer edges. The outer edge numbers at 700 are *okay,* I mean, I'll get *decent* buds out of them, but nothing like what I would get at 1200 par instead of 700, and I already know from before I raised the lights that they can take 1200 no problem. If I do this it will happen in the next week.

That's about it for update information, now onto the pornography:

Photographs top to bottom:
- All the girls side view
- Gorilla Zkittlez overhead shot
- Gorilla Zkittlez bud closeup 1
- Gorilla Zkittlez bud closeup 2
- Cinderella Jack 1 overhead shot
- Cinderella Jack 2 overhead shot
- Cinderella Jack 3 overhead shot
- Pineapple Express almost at end of veg and getting ready to preflower overhead shot
- Closeup of stem on Pineapple Express Day 28 veg with Sharpie for scale, same plant as overhead PE shot
- Lemon almost at end of veg and getting ready to preflower

That's how the autos are beginning their week. They seem happy.

Hope everyone has a successful week of growing!

GANGS ALL HERE .jpg

GZ BUDDING.jpg

GZ BUD CLOSEUP 1.jpg

GZ BUD CLOSEUP 2.jpg

CJ1 TAKING OFF.jpg

CJ2 BUDDING.jpg

CJ3 BUDDING.jpg

BIG PE VEGGING.jpg

PE vegging stem closeup.jpg

LEMON VEGGING STILL.jpg

Autoflower Update

- Gorilla Zkittlez continues to stay indica-ish and bushy with less stretch than the Cinderellas
- Pineapple Express' are close to preflowering and are the largest strain of the four strains
- Lemons also close to preflowering and are the smallest and most delicate of the four strains
- I continue to train all branches to spread them out as evenly as possible and tuck tons of leaves to expose sites to light.
- I continue to clip a leaf here and there if it is completely buried and getting zero light, or if it is blocking a bud site and is completely un-tuckable. That's it. Very minimal, very targeted.
- The stems on these plants for their age are incredibly thick in my opinion - picture included.
- The buds and sugar leaves on the budding plants are starting to show frost, especially the Gorilla Zkittlez which was the first plant to begin budding and the furthest along in terms of the size of her buds. Closeups included.
- The plants are going through a half gallon of water (enough for enough runoff to measure with my stick type measuring tool) in about 36 hours or less and that pace is accelerating rapidly. Exactly a half gallon, as I am watering a specific amount (if it works, which it does presently) each time so that I have a very accurate indication of how much water they are drinking and how long that volume takes. More information will only help me dial it in, which I'm finding is a constant ongoing process throughout the entire grow. I am about to start to have to be spending a ton of time watering. Lol. They are very thirsty for their size. I test by observation, weight of the pot, and finally by using my long pronged hydrometer to test the bottoms of the pots for moisture.
- For the numbers people who may be reading this or are growing autoflowers for the first time, these numbers are working extremely well for me:
Lights/Par Measurement: 22 hours on, 2 hours off as they have been for the entire grow, average 950 par down the middle and 700 par on the outer two rows
Nutes:
BUDDING PLANTS - 100% Big Bloom, 50% Grow Big, 75% Tiger Bloom, basing feeding on weeks 5,6,7 of the Fox Farms soil feeding schedule and adapting it to what I believe the plants are liking the best. 1 tbsp. blackstrap molasses/gallon with each nute watering as well that goes right in with the nutrients, and every third watering plain water with CalMag plus Iron, plus a top down soil treatment of mycorrhizae at day 30 to help augment the roots.
VEGGING PLANTS - 100% Big Bloom, 66.6% Grow Big, every third watering plain water with CalMag plus Iron, will get top down mycorrhizae at day 30
- I am considering grabbing two cheap LED bar lights around 150 or 200 watts that I can run over top of the two outer rows of plants. That would allow me to bring the main lights lower and raise my par numbers across the canopy to 1000 or more, whatever the plants can take. As it is, the plants in the middle will inevitably turn out better than the ones on the outer edges. The outer edge numbers at 700 are *okay,* I mean, I'll get *decent* buds out of them, but nothing like what I would get at 1200 par instead of 700, and I already know from before I raised the lights that they can take 1200 no problem. If I do this it will happen in the next week.

- Pineapple Express almost at end of veg and getting ready to preflower overhead shot
- Closeup of stem on Pineapple Express Day 28 veg with Sharpie for scale, same plant as overhead PE shot

GANGS ALL HERE .jpg

GZ BUDDING.jpg

GZ BUD CLOSEUP 1.jpg

GZ BUD CLOSEUP 2.jpg

CJ1 TAKING OFF.jpg

CJ2 BUDDING.jpg

CJ3 BUDDING.jpg

BIG PE VEGGING.jpg

LEMON VEGGING STILL.jpg
I'm curious what you do for a living my friend. I type with one thumb that very informative post would take me all day to type if I was just copying it. But the detailed information takes time to compile aswell.
So I'm guessing some sort of professor or teacher of some sorts.
Am I close ? You may not want to say and I understand. Just thought I'd point out how impressed I am. I can't remember what day I'm on sometimes. :Namaste:

- If I do indeed have what is considered "tight" nodes (which I *think* I do?), doesn't that logically indicate that I will have, like, a SIGNIFICANT number of new shoots in pretty quick fashion once these main colas go horizontal at the screen? And if that is indeed the case, does anyone have the SLIGHTEST estimate for me on how quickly I should probably be able to fill this screen?
Haha, nope.

- Are these tight? Is this what I want? And if not, is there any way I can generate TIGHTER nodes?
Yes your nodes are impressively close/tight!
- Is my understanding of what's going to happen as related above accurate? If not, how so?
You sound ready to me Jon!
Autoflower Update

Nutes:

GANGS ALL HERE .jpg

GZ BUDDING.jpg

GZ BUD CLOSEUP 1.jpg

GZ BUD CLOSEUP 2.jpg

CJ1 TAKING OFF.jpg

CJ2 BUDDING.jpg

CJ3 BUDDING.jpg

BIG PE VEGGING.jpg

LEMON VEGGING STILL.jpg
Beautiful grow Jon! Though I don't use nutes or know how to use them well, I can see you've got a good hold of the concept and carryout.

I'm curious what you do for a living my friend. I type with one thumb that very informative post would take me all day to type if I was just copying it. But the detailed information takes time to compile aswell.
So I'm guessing some sort of professor or teacher of some sorts.
Am I close ? You may not want to say and I understand. Just thought I'd point out how impressed I am. I can't remember what day I'm on sometimes. :Namaste:
It's cool Bill, I like when we ask one another questions to help us get to actually "know" one another as much as possible in this venue. I work from home on the computer cuz the wheelchair, and you're in the right ballpark I suppose - I am an at home editor for a company that prints college textbooks for classes and shit. So I read books, edit them, proof them, and make suggestions here and there if I believe they would add value. The part about that that never stops making me laugh is that the company prints only RELIGIOUS books for religion departments in college. The owner of the company is one of the country's most respected theologians - he was part of the team that Jimmy Carter sent to Iran to try and connect with the religious end of the hostage takers when they had like 400+ of our people. Remember that? It didn't work, but trust me, only heavy hitters were in that group. He went on to found the Religion Department at Temple University in Philly where I'm from. Now he heads this company and many of our books were written by him. What's funny is that I am the LEAST religious person you will ever meet, without getting into atheism and all that. So to be constantly reviewing these kinds of books is pretty hilarious to me. I was an English/philosophy major at Penn in the 80's and have always had it in my head that at some point I may just take a shot at writing a book. I don't find my writing anything noteworthy, but people tell me it is sometimes, as you have. Thanks so much for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated. I am also a professional musician and have been playing the bass, primarily in high-end Dead cover bands (I'm an old school Deadhead with 150 shows under my belt before Jerry died), since 1991. I had to relearn that skill after my accident, but now it is pretty funny when I show up in a bar in my wheelchair and people automatically take note of that sort of thing, and then when that same guy in the chair gets up on the stage and starts playing the bass on a reasonably high level, the looks on their faces are priceless!

So nothing's free in this world, my friend. There's more than you asked about me. Would it be fair to ask for a little on Mr. Bill? I have the same understanding as you regarding anonymity so I get it if you don't want to.

Cheers!

Yes your nodes are impressively close/tight!

You sound ready to me Jon!

Beautiful grow Jon! Though I don't use nutes or know how to use them well, I can see you've got a good hold of the concept and carryout.
Thanks so much man. Sometimes we just need a little "you got this" sort of reinforcement from those who walked this way many times before. I appreciate the hell out of it and can't wait to see this go down!

It's cool Bill, I like when we ask one another questions to help us get to actually "know" one another as much as possible in this venue. I work from home on the computer cuz the wheelchair, and you're in the right ballpark I suppose - I am an at home editor for a company that prints college textbooks for classes and shit. So I read books, edit them, proof them, and make suggestions here and there if I believe they would add value. The part about that that never stops making me laugh is that the company prints only RELIGIOUS books for religion departments in college. The owner of the company is one of the country's most respected theologians - he was part of the team that Jimmy Carter sent to Iran to try and connect with the religious end of the hostage takers when they had like 400+ of our people. Remember that? It didn't work, but trust me, only heavy hitters were in that group. He went on to found the Religion Department at Temple University in Philly where I'm from. Now he heads this company and many of our books were written by him. What's funny is that I am the LEAST religious person you will ever meet, without getting into atheism and all that. So to be constantly reviewing these kinds of books is pretty hilarious to me. I was an English/philosophy major at Penn in the 80's and have always had it in my head that at some point I may just take a shot at writing a book. I don't find my writing anything noteworthy, but people tell me it is sometimes, as you have. Thanks so much for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated. I am also a professional musician and have been playing the bass, primarily in high-end Dead cover bands (I'm an old school Deadhead with 150 shows under my belt before Jerry died), since 1991. I had to relearn that skill after my accident, but now it is pretty funny when I show up in a bar in my wheelchair and people automatically take note of that sort of thing, and then when that same guy in the chair gets up on the stage and starts playing the bass on a reasonably high level, the looks on their faces are priceless!

So nothing's free in this world, my friend. There's more than you asked about me. Would it be fair to ask for a little on Mr. Bill? I have the same understanding as you regarding anonymity so I get it if you don't want to.

Cheers!
I was thinking that too.. you must be able to type as quick as you think it. :)

Back
Top Bottom