Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Damaged Plant No More!!

I got up and went out to check the outdoor Jelly Rancher and see what she looked like first thing in the morning. Wish she wasn't on grass for the contrast of the picture, but I think you'll get the idea.

She's good.jpg

First peek at the trichomes on the Lemon autos. The one is getting close. The other is ten days behind or so. This is a trichome picture from the one that looks to be getting real close.

Lemon trichomes first peek.jpg

Just for shits and giggles, and since I was trying the Gorilla Zkittlez after a few days of curing, I decided to put the microscope on a piece of a bud I cut off to smoke. So this is what the very center of a Gorilla Zkittlez bud looks like.

Inside a GZ bud.jpg

Ok, I just watched the entire video, and I don't have any words to describe it. It's literally almost impossible to believe.
Looks like he's running CO2.

Not sure about the cat hair all over his arm though lol.

Not really that surprising to me. I got 2 lbs from a Northern Lights autoflower and it was my first grow indoors so it doesn't seem to far fetched from my perspective...
I'm just miles from that. And not sure if it's possible in soil with an auto, what do you think?

Damaged Plant No More!!

I got up and went out to check the outdoor Jelly Rancher and see what she looked like first thing in the morning. Wish she wasn't on grass for the contrast of the picture, but I think you'll get the idea.

She's good.jpg
I am posting this as a reply so that we have comparison photos. I'm trying to give you guys an idea of my clumsy, rookie attempt to save a plant, keep it in veg for a long time, and keep it with some semblance of a canopy. Basically I'm trying to scrog this plant without a net. So I know it's ugly but right now it's the extent of my skill set. I'm working on it.

So the above picture is how the plant looks each morning. Then the following two pictures are what I have to do to it every single day to try and keep it in line and viable until I can toss her in the auto tent when it's empty. There's an overhead and side shot of my rookie LST.

I'm open to any ideas you guys may have on this score. Thanks.

Post daily LST session.jpg

Post LST side view.jpg

You guys wanna see something that'll make you chuckle? Check out the tiny little budlet that has popped out from the base of the stem in the three days since I harvested Cinderella #1. I did not "miss" this in harvest. It's new in the last 72 hours. Lmao. It probably means I harvested the plant too early. Lol.

LOL.jpg

You guys wanna see something that'll make you chuckle? Check out the tiny little budlet that has popped out from the base of the stem in the three days since I harvested Cinderella #1. I did not "miss" this in harvest. It's new in the last 72 hours. Lmao. It probably means I harvested the plant too early. Lol.

LOL.jpg
Hahaha clearly she didn't get the hint! :laugh:

I'm just miles from that. And not sure if it's possible in soil with an auto, what do you think?
You might have to go with a 25 gal pot to get something like that from soil... especially true for organic soil as the more the better it seems with organic.
I'm open to any ideas you guys may have on this score. Thanks.
Could always just selectively top it so you wind up with more branching and less stretching.

Not really that surprising to me. I got 2 lbs from a Northern Lights autoflower and it was my first grow indoors so it doesn't seem to far fetched from my perspective...
If you got 2 lbs from your first grow, it sounds like you either got really lucky, or you did everything exactly right...after 15 years of growing I still only pull an average of 8 to 10 zips per single plant.

If you got 2 lbs from your first grow, it sounds like you either got really lucky, or you did everything exactly right...after 15 years of growing I still only pull an average of 8 to 10 zips per single plant.

It sounds like it, I have nothing to compare to so I hope my second grow (delayed, waiting on new root chamber until July) will either confirm my results or give me a dose of reality... I expected a small yield with an auto but the documentation estimated 500-600g indoor yield for this strain. I have some candy Jack's that are photo period but think I should probably repeat the grow for comparison so we'll likely run the Northern Lights again.

I still say pot size has a lot to do with it and an aeroponic root chamber would accommodate a lot of root.

It sounds like it, I have nothing to compare to so I hope my second grow (delayed, waiting on new root chamber until July) will either confirm my results or give me a dose of reality... I expected a small yield with an auto but the documentation estimated 500-600g indoor yield for this strain. I have some candy Jack's that are photo period but think I should probably repeat the grow for comparison so we'll likely run the Northern Lights again.
That was supposed to be an off handed compliment :rofl: ...this was one of my first scrogs, back in '07 :rofl:

I still say pot size has a lot to do with it and an aeroponic root chamber would accommodate a lot of root.
Yes it does, unless your using fabric pots, which I just switched to, but in a 5 gallon plastic bucket :hmmmm: I grew this monster to my biggest single plant harvest of 14 ounces...

No I never said I got two from my first grow. Only 10.5 ounces from what should have been two pounds. I think I said I expect that from my CURRENT scrog. Second grow. Two pounds. Yes, I can achieve that.

No I never said I got two from my first grow. Only 10.5 ounces from what should have been two pounds. I think I said I expect that from my CURRENT scrog. Second grow. Two pounds. Yes, I can achieve that.
Oh sorry you were talking to Ivumlow. He actually DID pull two pounds his first indoor grow. I saw it. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom