Jon's Slurricane Strain: Grow Review

Hi guys, today I'll try my hand at reviewing my Slurricane, one of the best indica dominant hybrid strains I have grown yet.

I like to start with the basic facts as I understand them:

Strain:
Slurricane
Lineage: Dos Si Dos X Purple Punch
Breeder: Greenpoint Seeds
I/S: 60% indica/40% sativa
THC: 21-28%
Dominant Terpene: Limonene
Soil: Sohum
Nutes: Only a few additives: CalMag plus Iron/Terpinator/blackstrap molasses/FF Microbe Brew/Bokasi and Frass tea
Pot Size: 5 gallon
Light: 550 watt veg/680 watt flower professional bar-type LED
Grow: 60 day veg/72 day flower
Training: LST/minimal supercropping
Cure Date: 12/11/21

The rest is pretty much all subjective opinion.

Appearance: Always my favorite answer. The pictures answer this question better than my words could. I will note that while growing and especially in flower, as some of you saw, this girl got INSANELY colorful. She first turned almost completely pink, a few weeks or so before the picture of the plant shown. Then all the pink turned purple on the canopy and various shades of several other fall-esque colors on the lower leaves. It was absolutely the most colorful plant I've grown by a mile. I got this level of color, I believe, mostly due to letting the temps overnight get down into the low 50s. She began to show her color very early - ahead of the other two plants in that space by weeks.
Density: Very dense, hefty buds
Trichome Production: Very high in my opinion
Smell: Wish my smeller worked better - like many of us, spending so much time around weed in all stages of growth, dry and cure has sort of blurred the senses of my smeller. I don't necessarily trust it. When I pass off weed to people that I think doesn't smell like much, they inevitably come back telling me how dank it is and how it smelled up their whole place. So that said, from this bud I get a very complex odor that seems to encompass a lot of "flavors" for the nose. It also seems to sort of change a little depending on the day and the bud. Predominantly sweet and fruity. The fruity is sort of "general" fruity, versus any one specific fruit I can identify. The closest would be lemon. It also has a deep earthiness to it. Additionally, I get these unusual woody notes from it - like fresh sandalwood or something in that realm. It smells fabulous and the terpenes are very strong. If you grind it it explodes and fills the room in a matter of seconds.
Taste: Ah. Part of the highlight of this bud. As complex as the smell, and very deep. Stays on the palate a long time. My taster works a lot better than my smeller, lol. I get much like the smell on the taste - mostly fruity, dank, earthy and a tiny bit of that spicy/woody taste. The exception compared to the smell is that there is also a decent amount of that very desirable (at least to me) sour fruit flavor you get sometimes. Almost like a fruity sour patch kid sort of effect. It honestly tastes spectacular.
Smoke: Off-white, medium level creamy in terms of texture, very smooth, upper-mid-level smoke density
Buzz: Lol. I can barely smoke this weed. For a hybrid that is only a 60/40 indica lean, it sure comes off like an 80//20 or something. The buzz spanks you immediately, HARD, and then comes back around and spanks you again, if that makes sense (probably not, lol). It's kind of like the type of buzz that comes in waves. It fills my head almost immediately and begins to move neck down, and pretty quickly. Within minutes, for me, it becomes what I perceive as almost entirely a classic indica buzz. Makes me super relaxed, happy, and before too long, not long after the maybe 15 to 20 minutes of euphoria, very tired and sleepy. For me this is strictly night time bud, and often my "get a good night's sleep for a change" go to bud. It's VERY strong. I have no testing mechanism, but I estimate it in the high 20's in terms of THC%. And with the high trichome count, it's very expansive in the lungs, so maybe a cough to the uninitiated from the expansion. I don't cough, but it does make me have to take several short breaths after a hit. I'm a big fan of this. To each their own. Lol.
Growing It: Growing in Sohum, honestly this plant couldn't be easier. She dealt with whatever I tossed at her with no issues start to finish. The outer ring of buds was very productive, as was the plant in general. She gave me 5.5 ounces of bud like in the pictures. Also about an ounce or more of flarf. And a ton of kief. One thing of note was that any outer branch that I topped, creating two colas instead of one on them, the buds got almost as big as the non-topped side branches, including some from the same node. I found this a little unusual in that usually I find the untopped colas outgrow the topped ones (in terms of individual bud size - the two from topping together may outweigh the one untopped). I would unquestionably grow this plant again.

Final Impressions: This is quite simply the best finished bud I have produced to date in my growing "career." It checks more boxes, and more intensely, than anything I've grown yet. I personally find no downside to this bud whatsoever, just have to know when to use it. Lol.

Pictures:

1. The plant a few weeks before harvest. Yes, those are her real colors under full spectrum LED. This was as she was transitioning from the lighter pink to the dark purple.
2. The bud on December 11th, the day I final trimmed and jarred it. Man was she sweet when she hit the jar. Two months cured now.
3. The bud today. I smoked from this one for the test from a clean bong with cold clean water. First buzz of the day. I'll be napping at lunch. Lol!
4. Closeup. Note how well the trichomes have maintained after two months of cure.

All hail the mighty Slurricane!!!! :adore::adore::adore:

:thumb:

Slurricane plant on 11 29 close to harvest.jpg

What she looked like on December 11 when she hit the jar.jpg

Slurricane bud today after 2 months of curing.jpg

Slurricane cured and up close.jpg

Hi guys, today I'll try my hand at reviewing my Slurricane, one of the best indica dominant hybrid strains I have grown yet.

I like to start with the basic facts as I understand them:

Strain: Slurricane
Lineage: Dos Si Dos X Purple Punch
Breeder: Greenpoint Seeds
I/S: 60% indica/40% sativa
THC: 21-28%
Dominant Terpene: Limonene
Soil: Sohum
Nutes: Only a few additives: CalMag plus Iron/Terpinator/blackstrap molasses/FF Microbe Brew/Bokasi and Frass tea
Pot Size: 5 gallon
Light: 550 watt veg/680 watt flower professional bar-type LED
Grow: 60 day veg/72 day flower
Training: LST/minimal supercropping
Cure Date: 12/11/21

The rest is pretty much all subjective opinion.

Appearance: Always my favorite answer. The pictures answer this question better than my words could. I will note that while growing and especially in flower, as some of you saw, this girl got INSANELY colorful. She first turned almost completely pink, a few weeks or so before the picture of the plant shown. Then all the pink turned purple on the canopy and various shades of several other fall-esque colors on the lower leaves. It was absolutely the most colorful plant I've grown by a mile. I got this level of color, I believe, mostly due to letting the temps overnight get down into the low 50s. She began to show her color very early - ahead of the other two plants in that space by weeks.
Density: Very dense, hefty buds
Trichome Production: Very high in my opinion
Smell: Wish my smeller worked better - like many of us, spending so much time around weed in all stages of growth, dry and cure has sort of blurred the senses of my smeller. I don't necessarily trust it. When I pass off weed to people that I think doesn't smell like much, they inevitably come back telling me how dank it is and how it smelled up their whole place. So that said, from this bud I get a very complex odor that seems to encompass a lot of "flavors" for the nose. It also seems to sort of change a little depending on the day and the bud. Predominantly sweet and fruity. The fruity is sort of "general" fruity, versus any one specific fruit I can identify. The closest would be lemon. It also has a deep earthiness to it. Additionally, I get these unusual woody notes from it - like fresh sandalwood or something in that realm. It smells fabulous and the terpenes are very strong. If you grind it it explodes and fills the room in a matter of seconds.
Taste: Ah. Part of the highlight of this bud. As complex as the smell, and very deep. Stays on the palate a long time. My taster works a lot better than my smeller, lol. I get much like the smell on the taste - mostly fruity, dank, earthy and a tiny bit of that spicy/woody taste. The exception compared to the smell is that there is also a decent amount of that very desirable (at least to me) sour fruit flavor you get sometimes. Almost like a fruity sour patch kid sort of effect. It honestly tastes spectacular.
Smoke: Off-white, medium level creamy in terms of texture, very smooth, upper-mid-level smoke density
Buzz: Lol. I can barely smoke this weed. For a hybrid that is only a 60/40 indica lean, it sure comes off like an 80//20 or something. The buzz spanks you immediately, HARD, and then comes back around and spanks you again, if that makes sense (probably not, lol). It's kind of like the type of buzz that comes in waves. It fills my head almost immediately and begins to move neck down, and pretty quickly. Within minutes, for me, it becomes what I perceive as almost entirely a classic indica buzz. Makes me super relaxed, happy, and before too long, not long after the maybe 15 to 20 minutes of euphoria, very tired and sleepy. For me this is strictly night time bud, and often my "get a good night's sleep for a change" go to bud. It's VERY strong. I have no testing mechanism, but I estimate it in the high 20's in terms of THC%. And with the high trichome count, it's very expansive in the lungs, so maybe a cough to the uninitiated from the expansion. I don't cough, but it does make me have to take several short breaths after a hit. I'm a big fan of this. To each their own. Lol.
Growing It: Growing in Sohum, honestly this plant couldn't be easier. She dealt with whatever I tossed at her with no issues start to finish. The outer ring of buds was very productive, as was the plant in general. She gave me 5.5 ounces of bud like in the pictures. Also about an ounce or more of flarf. And a ton of kief. One thing of note was that any outer branch that I topped, creating two colas instead of one on them, the buds got almost as big as the non-topped side branches, including some from the same node. I found this a little unusual in that usually I find the untopped colas outgrow the topped ones (in terms of individual bud size - the two from topping together may outweigh the one untopped). I would unquestionably grow this plant again.

Final Impressions: This is quite simply the best finished bud I have produced to date in my growing "career." It checks more boxes, and more intensely, than anything I've grown yet. I personally find no downside to this bud whatsoever, just have to know when to use it. Lol.

Pictures:

1. The plant a few weeks before harvest. Yes, those are her real colors under full spectrum LED. This was as she was transitioning from the lighter pink to the dark purple.
2. The bud on December 11th, the day I final trimmed and jarred it. Man was she sweet when she hit the jar. Two months cured now.
3. The bud today. I smoked from this one for the test from a clean bong with cold clean water. First buzz of the day. I'll be napping at lunch. Lol!
4. Closeup. Note how well the trichomes have maintained after two months of cure.

All hail the mighty Slurricane!!!! :adore::adore::adore:

:thumb:

Slurricane plant on 11 29 close to harvest.jpg

What she looked like on December 11 when she hit the jar.jpg

Slurricane bud today after 2 months of curing.jpg

Slurricane cured and up close.jpg
Beautifull - best "Slurricane" both a pack some time ago along with Sugar Cane What was your final flower time , the full 72 days ? Thanks for your grow report __Peace

Beautifull - best "Slurricane" both a pack some time ago along with Sugar Cane What was your final flower time , the full 72 days ? Thanks for your grow report __Peace
Thanks @safeman - yes, if memory serves. If you are interested to see the entire lifecycle, she's in my most recently completed journal.

Great review. Mine is just finishing up and after reading your review I can't wait to try it. My past experience with In House is they are always good.

Wow @SamSmith, she looks awesome. Nice work. Almost done too, yes? Looks like yours is what I'd call a sativa pheno? At least compared to mine. Mine was somewhere between the indica and hybrid side. I bet you'll get great yield from that. I wish I'd have gotten a more sativa pheno so I could actually smoke it. Lol. Have a blast man. Feel free to write something up on yours when it's ready if you want, and maybe it would be cool for you to send that to me so I can then edit my strain review and attach yours along with some of your pics and reference this conversation? That way it'd be in the actual review itself instead of the comments? Just a thought man, might be fun. And might also have some value to those growing it considering how clear a difference we have between our phenos.

?

Regardless, great looking bud. Btw - if you're from Wilmington, DE, please message me. That would be off the charts crazy, but thought I'd ask.

Jon, Yes she is just about done. Mine is definitely a Sativa leaning pheno. It has that classic spiraling on the mains with long cola's and sparse fans in the tops.

I am in the mid-west but if I were closer yes it would be cool to meet and swap buds to try each one and note the differences.

I am generally just an evening smoker so I lean towards indica's but I love the hybrids that bring traits of both the Sativa's and Indica's where they complement one another.

Jon, Yes she is just about done. Mine is definitely a Sativa leaning pheno. It has that classic spiraling on the mains with long cola's and sparse fans in the tops.

I am in the mid-west but if I were closer yes it would be cool to meet and swap buds to try each one and note the differences.

I am generally just an evening smoker so I lean towards indica's but I love the hybrids that bring traits of both the Sativa's and Indica's where they complement one another.
Awesome. Well, printed review or not, (I wasn't quite suggesting a soiree, I'm all the way in Florida, just a written comparison for the readers) it would be cool to hear your take on your bud when the time comes. I always keep in mind that the strain I grew is just how mine came out and not necessarily representative of the whole of the strain. So it's always good to hear about other distinctively different phenotypes. I'll be curious to see if yours goes longer than 72 since it's sativa-ish. I could have probably harvested mine at 65-68 days but I waited so I could harvest all three plants together (different strains).

will check it out !did you use Terpinator or Purpinator for trichome increased development of but really with In House a good old h20 is all the is needed
Nice, thanks for the info. I feel the same about GeoFlora. I'll check out In House.

Maybe it will be legal to grow by then. :rofl:
That would be too much to hope for but it's closer than it was a year ago. If/when it does go legal there, I can tell you the little town of Kennett Square, Pa is going to be on the map for more than their yearly Mushroom Festival and Longwood Gardens. I know about ten people who are ready to pull the trigger on operations the moment it's legalized. The town is only one square mile in size, technically. And there are investors galore in that suburb of McMansionville. I can't wait.

Finally got around to posting back in this review.

Mine was an original inhouse breeding release. It was sativa leaning for sure.

Growth wise the plant was easy to grow. Nutrient strength was middle of the road with no real cal-mag issues when grown in coco. Stems are very stout with a medium to large fan leaves. Sugar leaves and buds are covered in resin glands. Most of the growth occurred on the mains with much lower production on the lower secondary branches. That could also be due to light intensity as the plant got pretty tall. Overall vigor of the plant is very strong compared to most I have grown to date.

Taste is sort of a dank grape flavor not unlike the raw bud smell. Dry vaped it has a rather strong and distinct flavor that lasts in your mouth for a bit. Smoked in a joint the flavor is similar with a little bit of peppery spice mixed in. Both vaping and smoking inhaling is very smooth with a bit of expansion when holding it in. Definitely not a coughing strain.

The high is definitely up there with the best that I have smoked. It hits fairly quickly. The high is strong and long lasting. There is some mild psychedelic effects at first but that fades into a very relaxing sedated high. Very good evening smoke. Not a strain for daytime use when you want to get things done.

Overall it became a favorite of mine. Enough so that I grabbed another pack of them. This time in the #7 variety. I an growing that out now. Just flipped to 12/12. So far the same vigor and easy going growing with medium nutrients with additional cal mag in coco.

Finally got around to posting back in this review.

Mine was an original inhouse breeding release. It was sativa leaning for sure.

Growth wise the plant was easy to grow. Nutrient strength was middle of the road with no real cal-mag issues when grown in coco. Stems are very stout with a medium to large fan leaves. Sugar leaves and buds are covered in resin glands. Most of the growth occurred on the mains with much lower production on the lower secondary branches. That could also be due to light intensity as the plant got pretty tall. Overall vigor of the plant is very strong compared to most I have grown to date.

Taste is sort of a dank grape flavor not unlike the raw bud smell. Dry vaped it has a rather strong and distinct flavor that lasts in your mouth for a bit. Smoked in a joint the flavor is similar with a little bit of peppery spice mixed in. Both vaping and smoking inhaling is very smooth with a bit of expansion when holding it in. Definitely not a coughing strain.

The high is definitely up there with the best that I have smoked. It hits fairly quickly. The high is strong and long lasting. There is some mild psychedelic effects at first but that fades into a very relaxing sedated high. Very good evening smoke. Not a strain for daytime use when you want to get things done.

Overall it became a favorite of mine. Enough so that I grabbed another pack of them. This time in the #7 variety. I a growing that out now. Just flipped to 12/12. So far the same vigor and easy going growing with medium nutrients with additional cal mag in coco.
Nice! Happy New Year!

amazing bud review Jon! Slurricane looks and sounds like a winner! I have a pack of them from InHouse Genetics but have never done anything with them, this has inspired me to come up with a plan to try them out :)

FYI - the 2 most popular genetics of InHouse are ---Slurricane and platimum (not delux platimum) as you will find out that manyof their hybrid strains are made from them !! __Good stuff

Back
Top Bottom