Jon's ViparSpectra KS3000 Grow In A 3x3

@ViparSpectra!!!

Hello fellow growers! Welcome to my journal. I’m going to skip all the technical stuff to start and begin this journal with a sincere thank you.

Thank you @ViparSpectra and Valerie! It would be hard to miss ViparSpectra’s recent marketing blitz. Many of us are suddenly doing sponsored ViparSpectra grows. This is in large part due to the quality and efficiency of the company’s marketing department, and I assume the work of Valerie, the wonderful girl who is my contact and I assume others. I spent my share of time in that world and she is doing a fabulous job.

So Valerie gave me my choice of any of their lights. I chose to go with the KS3000, to run in my 3x3.

When I get any new light, my assessment begins the moment it arrives. How is it boxed/packaged? Is it in a box inside a bigger box or does it come self contained? Is it well sealed? No damage?

On all of these counts the KS3000 was perfect. Well packaged. No damage. Shipped perfectly. Yay.

The assessment continues with the unboxing. This is where it gets exciting as you see the light for the first time. How is it packaged inside the box? Are the components well protected from impact and such? Is it complete? I find checking this stuff saves a lot of hassles down the line. More than once I’ve gotten a light missing a cable or something. Again - very well done. Solid.

Then you get to the light itself. Whoo hoo! The KS3000 is designed and marketed for either a 3x3 or a 4x4. I’m using it in a 3x3. I had already compared the size so I knew it would fit. When I took out the light and I folded it, it became immediately apparent that this light would completely cover side to side the ceiling of the 3x3. Awesome.

When you take it out, the KS3000 is the easiest light to deal with and hang that I have ever had. You simply unfold it. It’s solidly built. Excellent components. There is nothing that feels “cheap” about this light. I was pleasantly impressed with the build quality.

One of the best features is the detached driver. It allowed my to set it outside of the tent, which gives me a ton of vertical space in the tent and cuts down on heat massively. ViparSpectra has included long power cords to facilitate this more readily.

Another great feature is the dimmer. Many dinners don’t have the little grooves at preset %s - they just turn clean all the way. That’s fine but makes it more difficult to find exactly where you are in terms of power %. The KS3000 has slots at 25, 50, 75 and 100%, making it way easy. Solid and professional feeling dimmer. As many sub par dimmers as there are on the market, this is another pleasant surprise.

This light is very bright. At 100%, to my eyes, it appears to be every bit as bright as the previous light in that space which was 70 watts more powerful. Impressive. The spectrum, again to my eyes, appears very natural.

This graphic shows the evenness of the ppfd distribution. ViparSpectra has tried very hard to achieve full, even coverage with minimal edge and corner drop off, and have done a great job.
1672232250160.jpeg

Here’s the link to the grow light, for more information:
(https://www.viparspectra.com/products/viparspectra ®-ks3000-300w-led-grow-light)

Here’s what the unboxing looked like:

8D3795ED-B33A-44AA-8673-5B3E7F800594.jpeg

13E8AA6B-87C2-473B-AF7E-745212C39196.jpeg

A5349730-6A28-4183-B5EA-878D7760D9B1.jpeg

30BFE004-B7EE-424D-9A08-E91384E56186.jpeg

4CEB134C-E58B-4BCB-A9D2-27EB04498556.jpeg

826377BC-AE65-4AE0-AB05-5602364A638E.jpeg

Then of course it is time to install the light. All I did was use calipers to clip it to the top ceiling bars of the tent, this maximizing vertical space.

3790F552-B356-4268-8ACC-FEEB54A18328.jpeg

59EEBE38-229C-4B7A-8B47-8A2756BBB7A5.jpeg

Here’s the external driver outside of the tent:

C84079A7-EEC4-48CB-BB55-57509A7B74D1.jpeg

This completed our infrastructure setup with the KS3000. I’m already over the moon with this light!

So what are we growing?

The plant of choice for this grow is a feminized photo called Humboldt Dream, from Humboldt Seed Company. It’s Blue Dream X Purple Panty Dropper.

Here’s the skinny on the strain according to HSC.

🔍

HUM-DREAM-PHOTO.jpg

HUM-DREAM-TERPENES.jpg

Humboldt Dream (F)​

HUMBOLDT SEED CO > HUMBOLDT DREAM (BLUE DREAM X PURPLE PANTY DROPPER)
Huge Production, Great Smell!
Come live the Humboldt Dream with our improved take on the legendary Blue Dream. This extremely vigorous plant will exceed even the novice gardener’s greatest expectations. They can reach well over 15ft in height/width, and yield over 10lbs per plant when placed directly in the ground. This strain has proven to be exceptionally pest and disease resistant, even when surrounded by infected plants. Its sweet berry smell comes in part from its high levels of Myrcene.

And here’s what Allbud says about it:

Humboldt Dream Marijuana Strain​

Indica Dominant Hybrid 70% Indica / 30% Sativa​

THC: 26%​

Humboldt Dream is an indica dominant hybrid strain created through crossing the classic Purple Panty Dropper X Blue Dream strains. This bud was born and bred in the Northern California area and brings with it everything you'd expect from a local Humboldt strain. Humboldt Dream has super sticky lumpy dark olive green nugs with vibrantly orange hairs and rich blue undertones. As the nugs are broken apart, you can catch whiffs of sweet berries and vanilla with an earthy overtone that's slightly spicy. With each inhale comes fresh flavors of ripe blueberries and grapes. The exhale packs sweet earthy vanilla and tangy fruits for a flavor explosion that lingers long after you're done. A few minutes after your first exhale, you'll feel hazy cerebral effects start to wash over your mind, lulling you into a happy yet completely relaxed state in which you really can't focus on much of anything. Even with this lack of motivation and mental lethargy, you'll feel a pang of creativity that leaves you feeling inspired. A slowly building body high will wash over you as your mind soars through imaginative introspection, eventually pulling you down into a completely sedated state that can leave you falling asleep if you're not careful. In combination with its heavy 15-26% THC level, these effects give Humboldt Dream an edge in treating chronic pain, stress, insomnia, and depression.​

I will grow this in coco/perlite/bokashi/frass, in a 7 gallon pot.

I will be trying @Remo Nutrients for the first time with this grow too.

Let’s get it on!

I prefer to run my lights at 100% and adjust ppfd by adjusting the height of the plant. As such, with the seedling as you see it way down here, she will emerge into a ppfd level of 480 ppfd. A bit high by conventional wisdom but it’ll be fine. And an astounding ppfd number for the lowest part of the tent. Bravo @ViparSpectra. This is with the light at 100%.

25A8FAA0-E28A-48DF-AA13-9AB221E2E29C.jpeg

Here’s a picture to show you the full ceiling coverage the KS3000 has in a 3x3:

1695BD84-B982-4EAC-9009-4F3BE8FF5AAA.jpeg

The plant sharing temporary space with the seedling is our Strawberry Haze from the other grow. She likes it with the KS3000 and we’ll keep her in there for a while, maybe until she goes to flower.

At 100%, the KS3000 puts out a comparable amount of heat to any other bar light. Well within the acceptable range, no problem there, especially with the driver outside the tent.

26DD4779-DBEE-4E9A-A106-F4A0C6C42F13.jpeg

Good morning Jon :ciao: hope you enjoyed your Christmas.
@ViparSpectra Woohooo, Hey ViparVal :high-five:.
Can't wait to see that fantastic light in action .
Talk soon my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hey Jon, that KS3000 fits perfect huh? Awesome! Can't beat the PAR spread they engineered into this one! And anything bred with purple panty dropper has to be fun! Good growing!
Thanks @StoneOtter, it does! And I so prefer bar lights. I may already be in love. Lol. And yeah, Purple Panty Dropper AND Blue Dream? How could it possibly be anything but awesome?

Congrats on the new light and the new baby!

@ViparSpectra!!!

Hello fellow growers! Welcome to my journal. I’m going to skip all the technical stuff to start and begin this journal with a sincere thank you.

Thank you @ViparSpectra and Valerie! It would be hard to miss ViparSpectra’s recent marketing blitz. Many of us are suddenly doing sponsored ViparSpectra grows. This is in large part due to the quality and efficiency of the company’s marketing department, and I assume the work of Valerie, the wonderful girl who is my contact and I assume others. I spent my share of time in that world and she is doing a fabulous job.

So Valerie gave me my choice of any of their lights. I chose to go with the KS3000, to run in my 3x3.

When I get any new light, my assessment begins the moment it arrives. How is it boxed/packaged? Is it in a box inside a bigger box or does it come self contained? Is it well sealed? No damage?

On all of these counts the KS3000 was perfect. Well packaged. No damage. Shipped perfectly. Yay.

The assessment continues with the unboxing. This is where it gets exciting as you see the light for the first time. How is it packaged inside the box? Are the components well protected from impact and such? Is it complete? I find checking this stuff saves a lot of hassles down the line. More than once I’ve gotten a light missing a cable or something. Again - very well done. Solid.

Then you get to the light itself. Whoo hoo! The KS3000 is designed and marketed for either a 3x3 or a 4x4. I’m using it in a 3x3. I had already compared the size so I knew it would fit. When I took out the light and I folded it, it became immediately apparent that this light would completely cover side to side the ceiling of the 3x3. Awesome.

When you take it out, the KS3000 is the easiest light to deal with and hang that I have ever had. You simply unfold it. It’s solidly built. Excellent components. There is nothing that feels “cheap” about this light. I was pleasantly impressed with the build quality.

One of the best features is the detached driver. It allowed my to set it outside of the tent, which gives me a ton of vertical space in the tent and cuts down on heat massively. ViparSpectra has included long power cords to facilitate this more readily.

Another great feature is the dimmer. Many dinners don’t have the little grooves at preset %s - they just turn clean all the way. That’s fine but makes it more difficult to find exactly where you are in terms of power %. The KS3000 has slots at 25, 50, 75 and 100%, making it way easy. Solid and professional feeling dimmer. As many sub par dimmers as there are on the market, this is another pleasant surprise.

This light is very bright. At 100%, to my eyes, it appears to be every bit as bright as the previous light in that space which was 70 watts more powerful. Impressive. The spectrum, again to my eyes, appears very natural.

This graphic shows the evenness of the ppfd distribution. ViparSpectra has tried very hard to achieve full, even coverage with minimal edge and corner drop off, and have done a great job.
1672232250160.jpeg

Here’s the link to the grow light, for more information:
(https://www.viparspectra.com/products/viparspectra ®-ks3000-300w-led-grow-light)

Here’s what the unboxing looked like:

8D3795ED-B33A-44AA-8673-5B3E7F800594.jpeg

13E8AA6B-87C2-473B-AF7E-745212C39196.jpeg

A5349730-6A28-4183-B5EA-878D7760D9B1.jpeg

30BFE004-B7EE-424D-9A08-E91384E56186.jpeg

4CEB134C-E58B-4BCB-A9D2-27EB04498556.jpeg

826377BC-AE65-4AE0-AB05-5602364A638E.jpeg

Then of course it is time to install the light. All I did was use calipers to clip it to the top ceiling bars of the tent, this maximizing vertical space.

3790F552-B356-4268-8ACC-FEEB54A18328.jpeg

59EEBE38-229C-4B7A-8B47-8A2756BBB7A5.jpeg

Here’s the external driver outside of the tent:

C84079A7-EEC4-48CB-BB55-57509A7B74D1.jpeg

This completed our infrastructure setup with the KS3000. I’m already over the moon with this light!
@Jon Thanks for your shareing! Nice setup! KS3000 is perfet for 3x3 grow tent! :goodjob: Looking forward to your growing!

@ViparSpectra

My apologies folks, yesterday I posted the link to the light and I got it wrong. Now it’s too late to edit. So, here’s an actual working link to the KS3000!

@ViparSpectra

How Do Plants Look and Photograph Under the KS3000?

How your plants look under your light is not a big deal issue, and is entirely a function of the spectrum of the light. In my experience, the more “natural” the spectrum the more “real life” the plants look both to your eye and in photos. The light that preceded this one produced a “washed out” effect, for example. The light in my big tent makes it look a little pinkish. The KS3000 is perhaps the most natural looking light in my arsenal all of a sudden! On this count, even though it’s a small and mostly ascetic thing, the light performs exceptionally well. If you photo your plants often this is way cool.

Here’s a shot of the Strawberry Haze pushing out her 5tv node from my other journal. She is sharing space right now with the seedling under the KS3000. This is almost exactly what the plant actually looks like. It’s a bit darker but not much.

Bravo ViparSpectra! Well done.

DC512E20-994F-4619-A36C-4454F34264A8.jpeg

Just got a @ViparSpectra KS3000 myself for my 3'x3'. My seedlings are about the same age also. It will be interesting to compare our grows moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom