Jon's ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro Grow

Hello fellow growers! Welcome to my latest journal. I must say right off the bat that this journal only exists due to @ViparSpectra Valerie. This girl is one hell of a representative for her company. She keeps convincing me to do her bidding, and she is treating me EXTREMELY well.

Her latest pitch was to offer me a fabulous opportunity to test out ViparSpectra’s newest and most top of the line lights. In this case the light in question is the XS1500 Pro, from their brand new, upgraded XS line. Designed to be as even in coverage as the KS series but with several upgrades to make them more effective and more efficient, with superior penetration and significantly more power for their wattage.

These lights are not even for sale on the ViparSpectra website yet. This is a pre-market test. But as soon as they are they’re going to go FAST.

These lights are awesome and unlike any light I have yet used. They bear basically zero resemblance to the soon to be defunct current XS line.

Let’s start with some unboxing action.

1. Here’s how it comes. Very solidly boxed.

2. Here’s what you see first.

3. Note how the two outer bands have the semi-circular lensing on each LED. The middle band is flat with a solid plexiglass cover. Extremely intriguing design. And these are the REAL top of the line diodes: the Samsung LM301Bs!

4. Here’s the very good Sosen driver.

5. Here’s the extremely well built and well placed dimmer, separated from the driver (nice touch).

6. And here’s where you would link the lights if you wanted to.

So there’s the important stuff on the unit. Seeing all that I was immediately impressed. And the feel of this thing is super solid. It feels like a professional light.

Hanging it is a breeze. Rather than link the two lights I chose to simply use two outlets as I have timers which accept two three-prong cords.

TWO lights??!!!

That’s right. Valerie wanted me to try two of them end to end in the 4x2 size for which they are designed. I said great Val, but I don’t have a 4x2 tent.

She said “you do now.”

That’s right - ViparSpectra was kind enough to not only gift me the two XS1500 Pros, before they hit the market, but also a brand new ViparSpectra 4x2 grow tent!

The VS tent is basic and very easy to assemble. 4x2x5. Not used to the size, but lo and behold, it’s small enough to fit just about anywhere!

So here’s the complete setup, including a perspective shot of the now three tents in this garage:

So in order to get started immediately, I took the two autoflowers from the other journal, both of which are in stretch or early flower.

Here’s our White Widow auto and our Banana Daddy autos in the new digs.

These plants are 15” away from the lights. I have the two lights pushed together so as to maximize the power in the field over the plants. At 15”, the ppfd is 1050 across almost the entire four feet of the tent left to right. Theirs is some drop off on the edges and corners, but that is only due to me having them pushed together. When I spread them out there is basically zero drop off. It’s astounding and extremely even. And it’s WAY more powerful than the KS series. To get to 1050 ppfd in the 3x3 with the KS3000 I have to be about 8” from the tops to the light. This is twice that.

WHOA.

The lensing obviously has something to do with this, as do the awesome Samsung diodes.

And by the way, heat is a complete non-issue as well. Here’s the environmental conditions with the lights both cranked to 100%. These are top of plant level conditions.

This XS1500 Pro light is super surprising, and is ViparSpectra’s best product yet in my opinion. It destroys the old XS line. It’s a lot more powerful than the KS line. And it’s built so solidly I can barely believe it. Two 150 watt lights in a 4x2 and I can be at 1050 ppfd at 15”????? These are professional numbers.

Thanks so much Valerie and ViparSpectra!

Hello fellow growers! Welcome to my latest journal. I must say right off the bat that this journal only exists due to @ViparSpectra Valerie. This girl is one hell of a representative for her company. She keeps convincing me to do her bidding, and she is treating me EXTREMELY well.

Her latest pitch was to offer me a fabulous opportunity to test out ViparSpectra’s newest and most top of the line lights. In this case the light in question is the XS1500 Pro, from their brand new, upgraded XS line. Designed to be as even in coverage as the KS series but with several upgrades to make them more effective and more efficient, with superior penetration and significantly more power for their wattage.

These lights are not even for sale on the ViparSpectra website yet. This is a pre-market test. But as soon as they are they’re going to go FAST.

These lights are awesome and unlike any light I have yet used. They bear basically zero resemblance to the soon to be defunct current XS line.

Let’s start with some unboxing action.

1. Here’s how it comes. Very solidly boxed.

2. Here’s what you see first.

3. Note how the two outer bands have the semi-circular lensing on each LED. The middle band is flat with a solid plexiglass cover. Extremely intriguing design. And these are the REAL top of the line diodes: the Samsung LM301Bs!

4. Here’s the very good Sosen driver.

5. Here’s the extremely well built and well placed dimmer, separated from the driver (nice touch).

6. And here’s where you would link the lights if you wanted to.

So there’s the important stuff on the unit. Seeing all that I was immediately impressed. And the feel of this thing is super solid. It feels like a professional light.

Hanging it is a breeze. Rather than link the two lights I chose to simply use two outlets as I have timers which accept two three-prong cords.

TWO lights??!!!

That’s right. Valerie wanted me to try two of them end to end in the 4x2 size for which they are designed. I said great Val, but I don’t have a 4x2 tent.

She said “you do now.”

That’s right - ViparSpectra was kind enough to not only gift me the two XS1500 Pros, before they hit the market, but also a brand new ViparSpectra 4x2 grow tent!

The VS tent is basic and very easy to assemble. 4x2x5. Not used to the size, but lo and behold, it’s small enough to fit just about anywhere!

So here’s the complete setup, including a perspective shot of the now three tents in this garage:

So in order to get started immediately, I took the two autoflowers from the other journal, both of which are in stretch or early flower.

Here’s our White Widow auto and our Banana Daddy autos in the new digs.

These plants are 15” away from the lights. I have the two lights pushed together so as to maximize the power in the field over the plants. At 15”, the ppfd is 1050 across almost the entire four feet of the tent left to right. Theirs is some drop off on the edges and corners, but that is only due to me having them pushed together. When I spread them out there is basically zero drop off. It’s astounding and extremely even. And it’s WAY more powerful than the KS series. To get to 1050 ppfd in the 3x3 with the KS3000 I have to be about 8” from the tops to the light. This is twice that.

WHOA.

The lensing obviously has something to do with this, as do the awesome Samsung diodes.

And by the way, heat is a complete non-issue as well. Here’s the environmental conditions with the lights both cranked to 100%. These are top of plant level conditions.

This XS1500 Pro light is super surprising, and is ViparSpectra’s best product yet in my opinion. It destroys the old XS line. It’s a lot more powerful than the KS line. And it’s built so solidly I can barely believe it. Two 150 watt lights in a 4x2 and I can be at 1050 ppfd at 15”????? These are professional numbers.

Thanks so much Valerie and ViparSpectra!
I guess I don’t know how to work the tag to the place where you put the thread. So…
@ViparSpectra, @Bill284, @Emilya Green, @StoneOtter, @Azimuth, @CaptainLucky, @Grand Daddy Black, @Kanno26, @Tokin Roll, @Rexer - feel free to stop by guys!

Hiya! :woohoo:
LOL, I appreciate your presence too! I think I like Valerie too! That looks like a killer light!​
Make us proud!​
:hug::cheer::cheer::cheer:
Hiya Em, thanks so much for stopping by! Sensei in the house!

White Widow Auto
Banana Daddy Auto

One day post change and the situation seems to agree with them.

02DF6A12-9F7B-43CC-A6E9-D5A88B6EC278.jpeg

You who know me know this never happens. But it just did.

I actually turned one of the two lights down. To 75%. The one over the smaller Banana Daddy. Checked the ppfd and it was a bit high, so I brought it down. We’re in the 900s now and both plants have a bit of space. Lol.

Serous Bravo to @ViparSpectra. This light gives us room to play around. I’ll be the on it on day one when they hit the market. I think the improved XL line is going to do extremely well.

Here’s post dimming one light. The spectrum with the reds makes them appear washed out and yellowish a little. They’re not. Perfect green. Both.

EB3A2684-1A5D-48F8-B1AB-20A062D2D461.jpeg

You who know me know this never happens. But it just did.

I actually turned one of the two lights down. To 75%. The one over the smaller Banana Daddy. Checked the ppfd and it was a bit high, so I brought it down. We’re in the 900s now and both plants have a bit of space. Lol.

Serous Bravo to @ViparSpectra. This light gives us room to play around. I’ll be the on it on day one when they hit the market. I think the improved XL line is going to do extremely well.

Here’s post dimming one light. The spectrum with the reds makes them appear washed out and yellowish a little. They’re not. Perfect green. Both.

EB3A2684-1A5D-48F8-B1AB-20A062D2D461.jpeg
I believe because today I had to turn mine down too!

Excellent write up and results on your XS 1500 Pro @Jon

@ViparSpectra (Valerie) has been absent from the forum for a little over a week.
They may be busy with new products coming out.

Again, excellent job on the XS 1500 Pro review.

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks @Tokin Roll ! I usually get her via email. And yesterday she said the release date for the light will be before my two autos are done! I’m trying to get her to let m tease the actual date. Lol

White Widow Day 44
Banana Daddy Day 34
@ViparSpectra

Another day and now these girls appear fully adjusted to the change in light. Obviously the XS1500 spectrum agrees with them. About 14” at 75% power and about 950 ppfd. Environment can be seen in photo. Changed the res today on the WW and mixed it hot relative to CalMag plus Iron and Big Data on the PB chart.

The plants are quite happy in what is a dedicated ViparSpectra infrastructure grow!

6425D30A-06A6-48F3-9672-AB0FA51755DC.jpeg

DFF36503-AEAA-4889-A8CB-7537DE175845.jpeg

70455B72-0169-4866-B0B8-CE55DA968D2F.jpeg

879F5B93-D503-4B7D-B799-F3AD74906A10.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom