Jon's ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro Grow

That sounds awesome.

You  do know it snows in PA though, right? :laughtwo:
I do. I also know my grow space is a double garage that’s approximately 40’x30’x15’. Which happens to be both heated and air conditioned. This is the ground floor of my apartment that is handicapped designed and built by my builder parents. Oh yeah, it has 10 20-amp GFI outlets in it too. And also - a heated floor. This is likely my last home and where I will live until I’m in assisted living if I get that far by luck or choice. We don’t mess around with building. It’s an almost perfect scenario. Never have to even open the garage doors more than a foot or so just to let the AC unit heat out a little, but never enough for the inside to be seen.

All that said, and despite how glorious it’s gonna be, it will be expensive. My electric bill, as @StoneOtter notes, will be a bit crazy. As will the workload be. But I can do some serious damage with 101 sq ft of grow space and all the lights to pull it off.

Banana Daddy

B8E89EDF-07F3-493B-BDEF-C5003D18ADD5.jpeg

C5A4DFB4-8C34-474D-B124-A7162A80FF5C.jpeg

Congratulations Jon! Great harvest! Also look forward to the growth a month later, I believe it will be amazing!

EPILOGUE

It’s time to close this journal out. As I do, I’d like to sort of summarize a little. I tend to do this numerically or alphabetically so I can remember, so I’ll try that again.

1. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH @ViparSpectra !!! For anyone who doesn’t know, both the XS1500 PROs and the 2x4 tent came from ViparSoectra, and they not only sponsored this grow but actually have become my permanent sponsor for any grow in this lovely 2x4 tent they gave me. It is now and will stay a dedicated ViparSpectra tent which will always exclusively house the 2 XS1500 PROs. I love the lights and the tent. Muchas gracias Valerie from ViparSpectra - you do an amazing job.

2. Let’s talk about these lights a little bit, now that I have seen the results from them in flower, which is all of our main concern. I grew a White Widow auto and a Banana Daddy auto this time. In both cases the finished buds turned out extremely well - dense, frosty, properly formed, no foxtailing, and voluminous for the small size of the plants. Each plant yielded just over 3 ounces of finished bud. Again, doesn’t sound like much, but we’re talking about autos that were intentionally kept small. Neither plant was even two feet tall. Very productive. All of these qualities have a ton to do with the light. The plants LOVED it. And here’s another thing - on both plants, my buds are dense all the way to the bottom of the stems. This speaks to the penetrating power of the lights. Overall, here’s a brief set of bullet points that list the very strong features of the XS1500 PRO as it relates to my grow.

- extremely powerful for their size
- perfectly sized for a 2x4 with two of them, or a 2x2 with one.
- extremely well packaged and professionally produced with exceptional build quality - you can feel how solid they are as soon as you open the box.
- the easiest light to clean post grow I have ever owned, due to the fact that all the diodes are covered either by lensing or glass.
- exceptionally even growth
- dense flowers
- very frosty flowers
- the previous two points speak to the spectrum of the light as well as it’s power, as plants only produce these two qualities in volume if the spectrum is agreeable to the plants in my experience
- fabulous and solidly made dimmer that is well marked and easily accessible
- excellent heat dissipation - I was able to flower at about 10” from the lights and had no heat issues whatsoever
- high ppfd levels very evenly across the board
- the independence of each light allows for them to easily be hung at different heights in the same tent if desired
- incredible price point, and for the level of quality I don’t believe these lights can be beaten
- easily control your improved electric bill by using the dimmer effectively - these lights won’t cost you nearly as much in electricity as maybe you’re used to
- super penetrating power to the lowest parts of the plants

That’s a lot of excellent points. These lights rock. Simple as that. I can’t wait to use them again. This is going to happen in about a month when I complete my move back to PA and get started again. I’ll tag you guys.

The buds are curing. Too soon for a smoke report on them, but suffice to say that the jars smell amazing.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see this grow and hopefully learn about the XS1500 PRO. I appreciate everyone’s interest, commentary, and questions, as well as any side discussions that may have been spawned.

Also worthy of note was yet another flawless performance from @Prescription Blend nutrients. They’re now my go to and all I use. Flawless every time.

Original Harvest was the White Widow breeder and Ethos was the creator of the Banana Daddy. Excellent genetics.

Thanks everyone. Moderators, if someone could please move this to completed journals I would most appreciate it.

:thumb: :thanks::adore::ciao:

D5FADB31-5A43-445D-B043-4B11F0C1A78F.jpeg

B41069BD-9641-4589-A6FF-08516DAF9AF4.jpeg

BCF81FAF-AC33-4097-AEB5-09114C707B33.jpeg

3A649174-CB53-47DD-B67B-A18E7C831817.jpeg

EC2AAD3F-E62A-46E7-AC36-1249EDD70E4D.jpeg

37EEBE49-C75E-4EAE-AA95-6C57FC39EC98.jpeg

51EEB7B2-0D2D-421E-A176-4AA22DC28859.jpeg

3F6446DB-03C8-469D-B92D-9E72BFE3DFEC.jpeg

881BF434-52C8-4606-BAB9-E8E9F7776D77.jpeg

0D10991E-9F73-40AC-964C-0491DBAA765D.jpeg

@Jon Thank you very much for your wonderful planting process and introduction to XS1500 PRO, let us know that such an excellent harvest can be planted under XS1500 PRO. Hope all goes well with life and moving matters. :thanks:

@Jon Thank you very much for your wonderful planting process and introduction to XS1500 PRO, let us know that such an excellent harvest can be planted under XS1500 PRO. Hope all goes well with life and moving matters. :thanks:
@ViparSpectra, I appreciate the kind words and let me return them in spades. Thank YOU. This grow and journal doesn’t happen without your interest and generosity. It’s lovely to see a sponsor so engaged with all of us. Bravo. I can’t wait to get started again.

Beautiful buds from a beautiful man running a beautiful light!
Thanks @StoneOtter - although….I’m a beautiful man? Not too sure about that one. Lol! Regardless, you can whisper all the sweet nothings to me that you want, I’m still not going to the prom with you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Easy fella, I only date otters!
Ah cool - cuz my girl is friends with this pretty hot otter who just dumped her dumb boyfriend who just wanted to play and hunt all day and left her to do all the work at home. She asked me if I could set her up. Can I give her your digits?

:laugh:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom