Jon's ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro Grow

White Widow Auto
Day 62

3FD9AA1C-698D-4699-9AF5-A52D505B58C2.jpeg

8A0139D4-009E-42CF-A7B6-A6390A384658.jpeg

Banana Daddy
Day 57

This girl is budding up very quickly. She’s a peach. Gonna make fat indica buds.

ED32461C-F59E-4C62-82A9-251E4984107C.jpeg
She's something to behold Jon! But you can't call a banana a peach. That's just confusing. :)

White Widow
Day 67

You can see the beginning of a little purple coming in on the very upper tips.

18921A50-D698-42D7-B0E2-4E0835FA5AFD.jpeg
A plum? :)

@ViparSpectra
Banana Daddy Auto

This plant will test your defoliation skills. She leafs up like crazy and hasn’t slowed down yet. I’m working every day to keep the center exposed to the XS1500 Pro. Maybe four or five leaves every day.

The main untopped cola and the second node branch that went nuts we are calling a tie.

The XS1500 Pros are both at 100% now. The plants simply adore the spectrum, which is one of the most important features of any light. Even at around 1100-1200 ppfd the leaves on the closest colas still give me a 45 degree plus prayer angle. That says to me that the plants are saying YUMMY.

The extra power the XS1500 Pro has gives you significant advantages in terms of flexibility. The dimmers are spectacular, and go all the way down to 5%. They are perfect in a 2x2 (one) or a 4x2 (two, as I’m doing), and I bet four would crush a 4x4. The extra ppfd that’s available and the degree to which you can tweak, all with no heat issues, means you can basically do whatever you want! Wanna go nuts and blast them? You can. Wanna be more conservative? You can do that too. This differs a little from the KS series, which is all about evenness of coverage and less aggressive flowering posture. The KS series, in my opinion, is perhaps the perfect beginner light as it’s almost foolproof and mistake proof. I would guess more experienced growers will gravitate to the new and soon to be released XS series I’m displaying here. Both are awesome in their own way.

Here’s some pics, including one of the new addition to the tent. I never actually stick a sticker on the tent, I hang them like I did in the Strawberry Haze tent. But this is a dedicated ViparSpectra tent - both the tent itself and the lights are theirs. So it is now dedicated as such.

EB0469F2-DA5E-459C-8122-846AB4F449EB.jpeg

115EA3C2-7789-4ED2-AAD8-2DE15A8ADF96.jpeg

12B0A5A2-D8A5-4828-895B-ECFEF7ADE944.jpeg
Really appreciate the accurate evaluation of XS1500 PRO. The upgraded heat sink makes it have better heat dissipation effect. In addition, the XS1500 pro is designed to allow users to increase harvest at low cost, and the unique lens design helps to achieve this, which makes the distribution of PAR values more uniform and allows plants to grow more evenly. :green_heart:

Really appreciate the accurate evaluation of XS1500 PRO. The upgraded heat sink makes it have better heat dissipation effect. In addition, the XS1500 pro is designed to allow users to increase harvest at low cost, and the unique lens design helps to achieve this, which makes the distribution of PAR values more uniform and allows plants to grow more evenly. :green_heart:
Thanks @ViparSpectra - I might add to this….for those of us who toss electrical costs to the wind, and I know that’s more than a handful of us, the XS1500 Pro - I run at 100% all the time. To get higher ppfd I move the plant closer. Less - further away. In the current grow, I have the plant height adjusted to the specific light desires of each plant. The Banana Daddy likes is closer and higher ppfd than the White Widow does. Therefore I have actually positioned the BD closer to the XS 1500 Pro than specs say to! VS suggests a foot away is perfect. The BD is at 8” and shows no sign of burning.

The point is, the XS 1500 Pro gives the grower significant flexibility. This is vital if you grow different strains under the same lights. Rarely will two plants have identical light desires. With these lights, you can adjust each plant to each light if desired. This differs a little from the KS series, which is just as even in coverage but pretty much maxes out the available ppfd at 1000-1100 (if you push it), and to go further would be foolhardy, lol. Both are designed with specific goals in mind, and imho both achieve them very well.

Correction: in an earlier post I referred to the XS 1500 Pro as an “upgrade” to the other XS line. This was not quite accurate as the XS 1500 Pro represents an entirely new line. Thanks for the correction Vipar Val!

@Jon :thumb: you added a very important and critical point. Many growers will grow different strains in one tent, and different plants have different needs. At this time, having 2 or more lights in the tent corresponding to each plant provides flexibility. The height and brightness of each lamp can be adjusted arbitrarily.

White Widow Auto

This version is already showing more colors than the first one did at this point. Perhaps a function of the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO spectrum, perhaps genetics, perhaps the cold nighttime (59 degrees) temps…or some combination of all three. Same seeds: from Original Harvest. She’s so happy. We have different shades of green, orange and purple going on here. Very attractive buds. She’s starting to frost up more too. Yay.

D36FC1BE-087E-4606-8032-12B0ECC35CD1.jpeg

6A375844-895E-4178-B039-58463AF86A1F.jpeg

Banana Daddy Auto

My little bud factory is an oily, dense, greasy indica. I’m in love. Here’s the plant, the leaves to show the oiliness, and the proximity to the XS1500 PRO.

C8F2331C-DABF-4572-AF1E-8DBD954AB9F1.jpeg

FC9FB09A-5E8F-494E-AB4B-8EF6B27C07A6.jpeg

97A6580C-9394-493B-8507-0475FF2B2844.jpeg

White Widow Auto

This version is already showing more colors than the first one did at this point. Perhaps a function of the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO spectrum, perhaps genetics, perhaps the cold nighttime (59 degrees) temps…or some combination of all three. Same seeds: from Original Harvest. She’s so happy. We have different shades of green, orange and purple going on here. Very attractive buds. She’s starting to frost up more too. Yay.
Love this state!

Back
Top Bottom