Jordan Of The Island Genetics: Blue Bud & Gods Blue Warp

Tony Urban

Salutations,

For your reading and viewing pleasure I am going to provide a bit of a strain and grow review. I paid $3 a seed from a small head shop on Vancouver Island.

Firstly the strain review:

Blue Bud - A cross between Blueberry and B.C. Big Bud. An indica heavy cross that grew to about 4’ tall in my living organic soil.

The buds are pretty solid with a blue tinge to the sugar leaves. The buds are dense with great colour.

The smell is a bit fruity, although early in the cure, and has a strong skunky smell. Ground up it’s strong and makes you want to shove your face in there all day. The odour during grow was easily dealt with using my 6” carbon filter and fan.

The smoke is smooth. No harshness, even the quick taster bud was nice, the blueberry should express itself more as it cures. For now the taste is of good clean bud, leaving a bit of a citrus skunk type of aftertaste.

The high is strong, cerebral at first, almost overwhelming. This fades into a nice indica body buzz. Too much and I suspect it’s couch lock.

Yield was 45 grams completely dried, for one plant, that was grown in living organic soil that is still improving. No training other than topped once. I used LED light. No nutrients or chemicals applied. Make no mistake, these are quality nugs, and worth every gram. You can see and taste the quality.

Here is what she looked like from start to finish.

Gods Blue Warp:

This is in interesting one. No information on it. I do know it has Texada Timewarp and God Bud genetics in it.

This plant has strong indica genes. It grew to about 2.5’ with strong branching and thick stems. The buds were very dense and thick.

The smell is not strong until you shove your face in it. Then the intoxicating odour makes you smile. It has a fruity smell as well but also a bit of cheese to it. While growing it smelled of sweaty gym shoes lol. Bust it open and the strong smell is a winner.

The smoke is smooth like all the bud I have grown in this soil. No real stand out flavours but again it’s early in the cure. The high is a short lived head buzz that leads to a strong indica body buzz. Sunday afternoon watching Cool Hand Luke kinda stone. It makes my wife want to nap and snack.

I harvested 50 grams, some nanner from Blue Bud or GBW, has pollinated a few of the GBW buds. The plant was a beauty to photograph.

Overall the JOTI Genetics were robust plants that provided some great smoke. Unlike the majority of seed companies these days, the JOTI prices are reasonable. The other bonus is they are regular seeds.

Here is some photos of the grow and GBW buds.

I'm excited to try the black garlic and the 9lbs hammer
Same here I really would love to add Blackberry Hammer to my seed breeding project. The 9lb hammer genetics is what I'm really after some amazing smoke that strain! :)

Back
Top Bottom