Jorge Cervantes' or Ed Rosenthals' Bible?

We already know how to grow weed...

I don't, why do you think i'm on this forum, why are you here? Who is 'we'?

I own Cervantes book and its fantastic, I can't compare to the other since i've never read it but Cervantes is VERY well organized, every page is full colour (plus tonnes of full page bud shots).

It doesn't go into EXTREME detail (eg. specific strains), but it covers EVERYTHING in enough detail that a new grower won't get confused by too many details, not to mention again the pictures are a god send, as a picture tells a thousand words.

I already knew how to grow... even a freakin complete n00b can grow weed. The point is that it is an art and requires years of dedication and sacrifice to put out (consistent) top shelf meds.

I have both books as stated above and a couple more to boot... that don't mean shit if you don't put it to use and work hard every day of the year to get better!

Remember... knowledge is power... none of us knows more than all of us!

PS... thought I'd throw that in there... lets all be civil here, we all have so much to learn~

OK... I gotta get back out in the garden!

I already knew how to grow... even a freakin complete n00b can grow weed. The point is that it is an art and requires years of dedication and sacrifice to put out (consistent) top shelf meds.

I've had two completely failed grows (and this third is looking bad now too), and zero successful grows.

Way to be a douchebag piece of shit, thanks.

Urban dictionary... in accordance to your spelling
"douchebag"
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached fucker or motherfucker. Not to be confuzed with douche.
Rob:He kept hitting on my girlfriend at the party, he just wouldnt leave her alone!!
Sam: God, what a douchebag.

Is that what you deduce in one post of mine... extraordinary power you have there!

I am empathetic to your situation... but maybe you should have bought Rosenthals book instead!

I've had two completely failed grows (and this third is looking bad now too), and zero successful grows.

Way to be a douchebag piece of shit, thanks.

Well you take a sentence that I write of a whole paragraph, cut it in half and complain about it. Right before our eyes. You sound like you have a lot of hate built in and you should work on that (as if you would actually take my advice). Books are cool and fun to read... I am writing one as we speak, but they are no substitute for experience. You have to have both. Anything we want to know is available on the net to grow a successful crop guaranteed, but it is still fun to relax in a chair and read a book too. No right or wrong answers here and nobody should be trashing anyone on an open forum. It really makes you look bad and was completely unwarranted.

I agree with the experience thing, as with any skill. Reading a book only goes so far, but its a great way to get started.

I found both books useful and continue to find them useful sometimes. Good references to have in the library. I currently lent them both out to a newbie "apprentice" of mine if you will, and instead of him calling me 24/7 to ask questions, he just used the books as a reference and I just check in and supervise from time to time. He is actually doing very well.

On a similar note, I had never bought a non-cannabis gardening book and had to for a plant life science class I took recently. I thought I would never need a gardening book, but I am pleasantly surprised with the information I have gotten out of it, more than I ever believed I could.

E-info is out there for sure, but nothing beats a book in my opinion. Between the two books there is everything you need.... only thing that takes time to build is skill and expansion of the booksmarts via experience.

I will clarify my "even a freakin complete n00b can grow weed" statement so as to not be misconstrued!

I have seen it a thousand times, noob throws a seed in some shit soil and produce a plant... w/no former knowledge... very lil anyways!

My point is that there are master growers around... everyone of them (that I know of) have dedicated many years and have sacrificed much to be able to do what they do!

NOW... if someone wants to personalize that statement of mine... far be it from me to rob them of their martyrdom... have at it... I stand by my words!

just bought the jorge cervantes book yesterday to compair the 2 and it is very informative aswell. no way a beginner could wrong with either of these books.

great to see you here mr. cervantes thanx for shareing all your knowledge with us, your book is full of helpful info thanx again. hope to see you around more often

I love both books and would I have gained equal all around info from both Ed's latest is suppose to be great, Cervantes has more pictures and is easy to refferance, they are both my favorite's, a good addition for you might be Rosenthal's Marijuna Garden Saver. I wish I could attend the cup maybe I would get a J. Cervantes autograph on my ratty old book. It's bound to be a DANK WEEKEND :)

Honestly, Im not sure you could go wrong with either one. They are both great books to get you up to speed on a variety of things good and bad. I will have to note that its not a goto for all answers kind of thing. Its a great guideline to have getting started out even for an advanced grower. But part of the journey is learning what the plants need in your region/Climate, also how everything reacts to your blend of nutes, hard or soft water, RO'd or not. I guess what Im trying to say, is remember to learn as you grow, and not all your answers will come from a book. Happy Growing, and good luck!

P.s Also the members here have been very helpful to me in the past. Consult with them on some issues and spread the love of this amazing plant.

Ruk

Jorge in the poll here your book has Ed's beat by 250%!

I liked your videos too. You seem like a kind man that is concerned for the planet.

i have the one from jorge and the one from ben stevens, those would have to be my to favorite books, jorge's was the first one i baught, i must have read that thing a couple times already, alot of good info knowledge!!!

Good thread! Glad you guys are discussing books. Also don't forget to check out my youtube videos. You can see some of them in the forums. Marijuana Horticulture is going to the printer in Russian this month! But, you may find it more useful to download the Kindle edition of my books instead of being a pirate and downloading. Kindle editions are easy to search and you can put them on your iPad or iPhone or android fone.
I'll be at the High Times Medical Cup this weekend in San Francisco.
Hope to see you there!

Dang, and I was in SF for the Giants/Indians game this weekend and I didn't even know there was a Medical Cup going on there. Doh!!!!

The High Times Medical Cannabis Cup last weekend in San Francisco, CA was a big success. Hope you made it there. We will be posting videos from the fair on our youtube channel in the next weeks. Also, Thanks for discussing my work!

Back
Top Bottom