Journal Number One: Fritter Glitter By Exotic Genetix & MacDaddy By In House Genetics

DiamondLevelGrower

Hey ya'll, I am new here at 420 Magazine's forums and I am getting ready to start a new grow, so what better way than doing a journal on the grow. My goal for this journal is making some new friends here on the forum and pass on any help I can provide. Let's take a look at the strains, equipment and anything else associated with this grow. Please enjoy.

Strains - 2 Fritter Glitter feminized seeds by Exotic Genetics. Fritter Glitter is Apple Fritter x Red Runtz
2 MacDaddy feminized seeds by In House Genetics. MacDaddy is Mac1 x OGKBV2.1

Medium - I will be using Roots Organic soil for 1 seed each strain and Fox Farms Ocean Forest for the other 2 seeds. This is just a test to see what soil I like for future grows.

Grow Area - 5 ft x 5 ft grow tent.

Grow Lighting - Samsung Strips Light built by me.

Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Series, Cal-Mag and Fish Sh!t soil conditioner

Veg Time - 6 to 8 weeks.

Modifications - I will be topping early and often. I will also be using bender clips to train later in the grow.

(Edited) I will be starting off in 16 oz solo cups before transplanting to 1 gallon plastic pots. Final pots will be 1 set getting 5 gallon fabric pots and the other set getting 5 gallon plastic pots.

This is my general information on my grow. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking and enjoy.

Specs for my light in the tent.
kit1.PNG

Germination method: There seems to be a million ways to do it but there's even more ways to mess this part up. The easiest of everything I have ever tried is just filling a shot glass or something with room temp water and letting the seeds float on top until they have long enough taproots. If you don't mess with the cup at all, they usually stay floating 99% of the time. If they do sink to the bottom, I have found that leaving them there sometimes is completely fine but I don't suggest doing that. When this does happen, I will go to the paper towel and a plate or sandwich baggie method until I am able to plant. If I do come across a seed that does not pop, I'll try to scrap the outer sides of the seed a bit and put it back to see if it helps. Sometimes does, sometimes doesn't. Seeds can be costly sometimes and it sucks when you come across a pack that is just stubborn to germinate. Find a method you best feel comfortable with and have it.

Hey ya'll, I am new here at 420 Magazine's forums and I am getting ready to start a new grow, so what better way than doing a journal on the grow. My goal for this journal is making some new friends here on the forum and pass on any help I can provide. Let's take a look at the strains, equipment and anything else associated with this grow. Please enjoy.

Strains - 2 Fritter Glitter feminized seeds by Exotic Genetics. Fritter Glitter is Apple Fritter x Red Runtz
2 MacDaddy feminized seeds by In House Genetics. MacDaddy is Mac1 x OGKBV2.1

Medium - I will be using Roots Organic soil for 1 seed each strain and Fox Farms Ocean Forest for the other 2 seeds. This is just a test to see what soil I like for future grows.

Grow Area - 5 ft x 5 ft grow tent.

Grow Lighting - Samsung Strips Light built by me.

Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Series, Cal-Mag and Fish Sh!t soil conditioner

Veg Time - 6 to 8 weeks.

Modifications - I will be topping early and often. I will also be using bender clips to train later in the grow.

(Edited) I will be starting off in 16 oz solo cups before transplanting to 1 gallon plastic pots. Final pots will be 1 set getting 5 gallon fabric pots and the other set getting 5 gallon plastic pots.

This is my general information on my grow. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking and enjoy.
Hey @DiamondLevelGrower hope you are well.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend.
Looks like your all organized and ready to go.
Can't wait to see those beans do their magic.
Oh and welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @DiamondLevelGrower hope you are well.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend.
Looks like your all organized and ready to go.
Can't wait to see those beans do their magic.
Oh and welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill
You as well.

Yes, I am ready to get this going. I have had this grow planned for some time now. I was going to grow it hydroponically but decided to keep it on the easier side. Thanks for stopping in and giving kind words. Have a great day.

- DLG

Welcome to 420 Magazine @DiamondLevelGrower

Very nice DIY light setup .

What kind of fans and filter are you using to control the environment?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
I do not use any filters as my nearest neighbor is about 2.4 miles down the road. I have been growing a very long time now so never had the need for them "yet". I am running an 8 inch Inifinty Duct fan with controller on the tent. Inside, I am using a small Jardin oscillating fan.

For veg, I like to keep my temps between 80F-85F lights on and humidity in the 60% range. For flower, I drop the temps to 75F lights on once I hit about week 3-4 in flower and my humidity drops to about 45-50% for all of flower. I know I tend to spike on the humidity side once my lights go out too. Nothing crazy though.

Germination method: There seems to be a million ways to do it but there's even more ways to mess this part up. The easiest of everything I have ever tried is just filling a shot glass or something with room temp water and letting the seeds float on top until they have long enough taproots. If you don't mess with the cup at all, they usually stay floating 99% of the time. If they do sink to the bottom, I have found that leaving them there sometimes is completely fine but I don't suggest doing that. When this does happen, I will go to the paper towel and a plate or sandwich baggie method until I am able to plant. If I do come across a seed that does not pop, I'll try to scrap the outer sides of the seed a bit and put it back to see if it helps. Sometimes does, sometimes doesn't. Seeds can be costly sometimes and it sucks when you come across a pack that is just stubborn to germinate. Find a method you best feel comfortable with and have it.
I have very good luck just putting the seeds in the pot I'm going to harvest them from. No manhandling or transplanting. I don't have a very light touch and do more harm than good.

I have very good luck just putting the seeds in the pot I'm going to harvest them from. No manhandling or transplanting. I don't have a very light touch and do more harm than good.
I used to plant it that way but didn't have as much success as I am not. By no means am I saying my way is right or the best way. I was just giving the method that works best for me.

Yes I totally agree. I forgot to mention I usually grow autos who don't like the extra stress. If you have good success like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it
100%. May I ask why autos....if you don't mind? I ran a few in the past. I just see it as, if you mess something up early in the grow, you pay for it in the long run with a smaller harvest. I mean ya, if you are dialed in, no worries but it seems something always pops up in a grow to make it bumpy instead of a smooth and easy grow.

Very nice. Some of the best plants I have ever seen were autos.
Thanks my partner is a longtime outside grower (we're ole heads) going back to the late 80s he told me autos are a waste of time, but he said I proved him wrong. Now he wants me to help him set up a grow room. Don't get me wrong when I first started autos I got some sad yields, my first run 4 plants 2 oz. Never give up just keep learning.

Thanks my partner is a longtime outside grower (we're ole heads) going back to the late 80s he told me autos are a waste of time, but he said I proved him wrong. Now he wants me to help him set up a grow room. Don't get me wrong when I first started autos I got some sad yields, my first run 4 plants 2 oz. Never give up just keep learning.
Here's some of my recent harvested plants.
20210802_010229.jpg
244724113_409713187169089_723485301282566664_n.jpg
144966324_2140758962726191_810975914275976569_n.jpg

Really nice. Great looking frosty buds you got. Do they taste as good as they look. I just started 2 gorilla glue and 2 girl scout cookie extreme autos right in 5 gallon pots. 2 we're popped Nov 11. 1 on 16th and last one was stubborn and waited until the 22nd. One gg had issues with brown spots but is coming along nicely.

IMG_20211127_182000926_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211127_181957644_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211127_181943394_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom