Journal Time!

These aren't the best pictures as what I am asking about kind of blends into the dirt but I am sure you will be able to see it.

I think I may have fed it a little to much nitrogen as some of the tips are burnt. I will watch to see if it spreads through out the plant or gets worse on the leaves it's on but I am wondering if I need to flush it now, I don't think so as it's not terrible, just present.

I probably won't feed it for at least two weeks as I am gone in one, I just watered it and it won't need it again before I get back plus I want the N to have some time to chill out or the plant moves it around.

The leaf damage was from a grasshopper I sense removed. Thankfully I found it fast!

20210621_163711.jpg

20210621_163655.jpg

20210621_163636.jpg

20210621_163650.jpg

I think I may have fed it a little to much nitrogen as some of the tips are burnt.

tips are a little burnt but they dont look dangerous to me. I dont see the extra dark green and dark and shiny like I get when I over do it with nitrogen, I do over do nitrogen i do. tips will also 'claw' and turn down.
To me it looks like they have plenty of N, i would not plan on giving more right now.

tips are a little burnt but they dont look dangerous to me. I dont see the extra dark green and dark and shiny like I get when I over do it with nitrogen, I do over do nitrogen i do. tips will also 'claw' and turn down.
To me it looks like they have plenty of N, i would not plan on giving more right now.
I probably won't feed for at least two weeks as ive never let water or feed come out of the bottom I didnt pour back in.

I'm thinking of transplanting because while it's not all that tall I think come stretch and flower the roots may like to stretch out a bit more.

Waiting for pistils so I can change to PK. Trying to figure out a good organic one. Thinking just down to earth bat and seabird guano but I can only find it for twice the price on Amazon. Maybe if I ask Armstrong Nursey they'll order me a box as they carry the brand. Or the hydroponic store as the soil is typically much cheaper there.

Next season I'm cooking some soil for both veg and flower...

That's a good question that I can't answer. I am however using for the first time @GeoFlora Nutrients in my outdoor grow now. Weed and tomatoes. I haven't gotten to flower yet though. Veg is healthy with no issues so far. Flowering has a separate mix to be tried.
I have heard and read good things about GeoFlora. I'll have to go take a look and see if it's for me at this time. Thanks!

Waiting for pistils so I can change to PK. Trying to figure out a good organic one.

Down to earth has been around for long as I can remember. So they got to have something going good. I dont use bird shite but I has that long history of excellent results.

off the top of my head
a bit pricey but Organics alive is something I have been looking into, hold on when ya see the price....

I just recently saw this stuff at buildasoil...... Ferticell Active. I am looking for a smaller size as I grow on a small scale and have no storage. I might contact them to see if they have samples. But they both look to have good ingredients since I no till or recycle my soil I dont want salt build up or other crap to make me sad.

Also I dont want bottle of liquid, I would rather have dry soluble. me preference :Rasta:

If something comes across my path I will l let ya know..... Gota get my laundry,,,... geez i forgot where I was....Again.

Down to earth has been around for long as I can remember. So they got to have something going good. I dont use bird shite but I has that long history of excellent results.

off the top of my head
a bit pricey but Organics alive is something I have been looking into, hold on when ya see the price....

I just recently saw this stuff at buildasoil...... Ferticell Active. I am looking for a smaller size as I grow on a small scale and have no storage. I might contact them to see if they have samples. But they both look to have good ingredients since I no till or recycle my soil I dont want salt build up or other crap to make me sad.

Also I dont want bottle of liquid, I would rather have dry soluble. me preference :Rasta:

If something comes across my path I will l let ya know..... Gota get my laundry,,,... geez i forgot where I was....Again.

I have looked into Organics Alive and will try it. I was about to get it but then was like whoa, wait that price. Then figured since I was thinking of cooking both flower and veg soil next season I would just buy it then and have it cooked for flower transplant. I cooked veg soil this season and the plant seems to love it! BUT Dr Earth guano is MUCH cheaper and if I can get it for the nursey price vs Amazon price I will def buy it this season to see if I like the results. However, I think cooking the soil with it would be better than top dress so is my experiment legit? I would say no as the control doesn't exist.

Either way though I came across OA first and am interested, I guess if I had to nit pick they don't share ingredients and I have heard that 10+ in the NPK value can mean synthetic so it makes me wonder if they are indeed organic. Dr Earth is 11 though and its poop which is organic(depending on what they eat imo but companies dont pay attention to that, though if they aren't farm raised I guess they are as close to organic as possible given the pollution on the planet that one cant escape) by definition so choices, choices... first world problems I tell you!

I have been looking at many things at BAS(that is where I found OA) as their prices are competitive and they have a lot of info on what they sell which is helpful. This is the first site I was informed on that had products worth looking in to. I have found that a few products I am interested in have rock phosphate which to my understanding is detrimental to the soil biology for pH purposes maybe (I forget exactly how so that makes for a strong argument ;)) but recently I have been reading on another site from posts back in 2006 (so old info potentially) that while rock phosphate and a few others (greensand, lengbenite - spelled wrong but mighty google will know) arent as great as they sound mainly for pH reasons but they do benefit the soil or grow the second, third and on seasons with minerals. It sounds like they may be balanced with dolomite lime or another pH balancing mineral. I guess it all comes down to how one wants to grow as I have read that high mineral content (sans salt obv) soil is a proven method...

That's a good question that I can't answer. I am however using for the first time @GeoFlora Nutrients in my outdoor grow now. Weed and tomatoes. I haven't gotten to flower yet though. Veg is healthy with no issues so far. Flowering has a separate mix to be tried.
LMK your thoughts on the flowering mix when you get to that point please.

off the top of my head

I have looked into Organics Alive and will try it. I was about to get it but then was like whoa, wait that price. Then figured since I was thinking of cooking both flower and veg soil next season I would just buy it then and have it cooked for flower transplant. I haven't decided the easiest/cheapest route for my set up there yet but will soon as I need to figure out what I am doing for flower this season. I am leaning towards top dress with DTE Guano as it's the cheapest thing I have found assuming I can get through my local nursery anyways.

Next season, I will either have two compost bins - one each for veg and flower or just one that holds veg during the winter and cooks flower while veg takes place.

The problem I have with OA is I can't find ingredients used and I am a VERY skeptical person so are they actually organic. My argument holds true even for the "organic" companies as yes by definition they are organic but is the feed they feed the animals organic, or am I getting trace amounts of antibiotics, hormones and the other vast amount of crap they give to the animals? We all know the answer here.... either way I will probs try OA I am just unsure if I need to cook it first.

I have found many things on BAS I am interested in (comfrey tea for example) but my problem with the things I am interested in flower wise(not to say all of their products do) is they have rock phosphate which I have read is detrimental to soil pH wise and maybe in other ways. At the same time though I have read that high mineral content soil is a great method to use to grow this plan and many others. I have also read that while rock phosphate and a couple other things don't benefit the soil in the first run they do the second and on.

I am also looking for a good humic and fulvic acid product. I am looking at OA FPT and FPF. I could probs benefit from FCB as I know my plants are above temps they like for most of the grow but I have to limit myself somewhere so I don't spend my bank account on this hobby =P BUT for those who run their grows at 90+F this may help if you are interested in trying something else to balance plant homeostasis and high temps to run the plants metabolism at peak. If anyone has info on this please lmk!

Alright so I posted that twice with a slightly different response both times. I thought my internet cut out so I retyped all of it... but both hold true for me and have slightly different and hopefully helpful info so do as you will.. I am off to bed GN!

And hopefully I get some sort of helpful feed back lol

This trio is what I'll add every 10 days to 2 weeks when flower time comes in addition to the Geoflora.
That trio is exactly the build a soil way. I have been playing with the idea of getting at least the build ah bloom
I top dress equal parts the craft blend and grow kashi & basic LOS mix with my EM-1 watering. I have watched the 10x10 on Utube this last year from BAS & Jeremy. I might try to replicate as close as possible the process next round.
I have been less is more growing. I get the good kind but I think I can do better. I dunno 'forever chasing the magic rabbit'
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom