Journal Time!

That trio is exactly the build a soil way. I have been playing with the idea of getting at least the build ah bloom
I top dress equal parts the craft blend and grow kashi & basic LOS mix with my EM-1 watering. I have watched the 10x10 on Utube this last year from BAS & Jeremy. I might try to replicate as close as possible the process next round.
I have been less is more growing. I get the good kind but I think I can do better. I dunno 'forever chasing the magic rabbit'
:rollit:
I am def guilty of chasing the magic rabbit. I am trying to figure out how I want to run my grows and I am getting there (just decided I will cook soil from now on, but need to decide if I need another container to do it in so I have one for flower and veg) but the nutes will change a few times for sure. I want to find a good humic and fulvic acid product for next season after I decide my flower nute for this season. Probs will just use some guano as I read it's fast acting and I want to start as soon as I see pistils.

20210628_181236.jpg

20210628_181242.jpg

20210628_181226.jpg

Does anyone know what determines the leaf point count (5,7,9 etc)? I assume genetics but are there other variables? This got nine points on the ninth node. I am very number oriented always have been so 9th node, 9 points 9*9 81, 8+1 9. I'll stop there as I am guessing you get the point =]

I found another journal/diary site before I found this one so I was a little more active there than here. Since I have been doing more research I have found this site and community better than the other site so I have mostly migrated here. I figured I would move my journal here.

I am about 3 months in give or take a couple weeks. I have 4(maybe 3 - 6, I stopped counting) weeks from there I will post here and a couple pictures I have posted in different threads here but for consolidation purposes I will post here.

I am growing CBD Mango Haze from CBD Crew and GG4 from Ethos. The GG4 is for my nephew for his birthday. We talked to extent to figure out if this was a project he was willing to undertake, if he was interested, what strain he watned etc. He seems a little defeated because one of his died (we poped two each) and one of mine is like three times the size of his though it's definitely growing.

I made a lot of mistakes that I hopefully have learned from for my next grows. I waited to long to transplant in the beginning, I overwatered and I am probably missing a few. So I think for my next grow I will start in one gallon pots as they are easy to transplant and fill the bottom 1/4 to half with the nutrient rich dirt they will be transplanted into when ready and use a lighter airy seedling dirt for the top. Plus one gallon seems like it will allow the plant to be better established for the transplant if I am only looking to do it once. Though I may use a smaller pot 1/4 - 1/2 gallon/ 4 - 6 inch diameter as the seedling dirt will only go badif it sits a long time which it will. Filling it a 1/3 - 2/3 with nutrient rich dirt. Still only transplanting once is my plan.

This is my first grow...

Week One:

CBD MH 1 wk 1.jpg

CBD MH 1

CBD MH wk1.jpg

CBD MH 2

GG4 1 wk 1.jpg

GG4 1

GG4 2 wk1.jpg

GG4 2

Week Two:

CBD MH 1.jpg

CBD MH 1

CBD MH 2.jpg

CBD MH 2

GG4 1.jpg

GG4 1

GG4 2.jpg

GG4 2

Week Three:

CBD MH 1.jpg

CBD MH 1
Not sure what caused the yellowing of the leaves. They ended up dying so I cut them off.

CBD MH 2.jpg

CBD MH 2
The lower leaves are dying and pointing down. I was told this is due to over watering. I only watered when the container was super light but I was heavy handed with it.

I can only attach ten files so I amgoing to cretae another post to continue this.
To much water. Let them dry out. They like dry soil

To much water. Let them dry out. They like dry soil
That grow is done and over. Thanks for the heads up though as reminders are always helpful. I did manage to keep the newest plant happy throughout its seedling stage =] and it still seems to be thriving except for some minor N burn. Lets see how I do in flower.

Blade count is determined by genetics, but also nutrition. A well fed plant will reach its high blade count faster. That's a damned nice looking plant. :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment! They are encouraging. I am liking the turn out so far this season also. The only different thing I did was cook the soil. It cooked longer than I meant to but whatevs. 5 months instead of the two I planned. I am waiting for this to show pistils so I can up pot and hit with PK. I need to find a PK fertiliser though. I am thinking Down to Earth Guano but I need to find it cheaper and that still leaves me needing K. I'll get another pic up, hopefully today - there is a seven blade that is bigger than my palm and almost as big as my out stretched hand. I am not at home so I am hoping its still on my phone.

I still have no clue what happened to cause the previous post but after adjusting pH using dolomite lime(not sure I needed to as I was testing runoff), treating for spider mites(spinosad), removing anything that showed signs of whatever was going, a transplant and a couple weeks things are looking better. While I am not sure it is completely corrected it is definitely better. Time will tell I suppose....

I lost a node and the bottom half of the plant worth of fans, I guess it trained itself =] There are three fans that are still showing signs that I will remove if they get to much worse and a few leaves on the branches(lateral growth) that will get the same treatment. I will continue treating with spinosad until the flowers start forming as I see webbing but I am not sure if it's spiders or spider mites. I can handle spiders as they will keep pests away. Spinosad seems to make spiders go away also though, maybe because they don't want bacteria/fungus growing on them?

20210818_090529.jpg
20210818_090543.jpg
20210818_090556.jpg
20210816_152209.jpg
20210816_152134.jpg

Are the weird looking things growing off the main stem in the bottom of the picture and the two higher up (1/4 - 1/3 top portion of the picture) slightly off to the right and side by side but opposite sides of the stem male parts? I suppose they could just be calices (is that the plural form of calyx?) but I am curious.

20210901_095943-1-1.jpg

Those are indeed calices - female ones. They'll usually survive the entire grow, and make delicious crunchy treats to smoke if you strip them off the stems.

Nice looking plant.

:thumb:

Those are indeed calices - female ones. They'll usually survive the entire grow, and make delicious crunchy treats to smoke if you strip them off the stems.

Nice looking plant.

:thumb:
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm mostly over what ever happened that took the entire bottom half of the plant worth of fans but it seems have have bounced back nicely. It's still nice to have someone else saying it's looking good though.

I'll try to remember come harvest time to make sure they and up in the jar. How do they differ from smoking the flower?

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm mostly over what ever happened that took the entire bottom half of the plant worth of fans but it seems have have bounced back nicely. It's still nice to have someone else saying it's looking good though.

I'll try to remember come harvest time to make sure they and up in the jar. How do they differ from smoking the flower?
seems to have bounced *
make sure they end up in the jar**

I need to start triple reading before I press post....

Anyways, I was thinking of cutting some fan leaves off but figured I would try tucking them to see if they stayed instead. I looked at the plant from different angles for a few minutes and it seems that it has spread out and is growing straight towards the sun. I will try to get better pictures of that another time but for now here is an example of the leaf tucking.

20210902_190926.jpg

^^^ Leaf blocking flower

20210902_190934.jpg

^^^ Same pic zoomed in

20210902_190953.jpg

^^^ Leaf tucked

20210902_190953-1.jpg

^^^ Same pic zoomed in

Lets see if they stay or if I am constantly tucking them. I tucked another like five days back and it has stayed so here's to hoping!

20210902_190946.jpg

20210902_190934-1.jpg

New year, new grow.
This years grow is mostly for a seed run of two strains I am interested in crossing. Ill make my decision if I partake in the flowers once I see them. I wish I could find more information about these strains and grow/smoke reports but I guess that is half the fun.
The two strains I am using are, Seattle Sour D and Cherry Mist, both from Seattle Chronic Seeds. These pictures are a few weeks into veg. They broke ground on April 20 - my birthday. I tied the SSD starting around node four. I need to find something better than twine especially come flower time because I don't the strands in the flowers. This will be a lazy mans journal like the rest of them =] Labels below the picture refer to picture above words. Unfortunately, the pictures aren't in order but I am practicing not letting my OCD get the best of me =]

P1050421.JPG

Cherry Mist #2 Seems to have some nutrition issues (probs should have transplanted faster from seedling mix)
P1050422.JPG

Cherry Mist #2
Not sure what caused that half yellow, half green leaflet. The first time I saw it on a picture somewhere on the net I thought it was photoshopped. As you see whatever was going on in node two has been rectified and I guess the leaf problem has too =]
P1050423.JPG

Cherry Mist #1 top
P1050424.JPG

SSD #1
That half leaflet is how it grew, not pest damage.
P1050425.JPG

SSD #1
It seems to have out grew its mutations and is putting out dinosaur leaves.
P1050426.JPG

SSD #2
Dinosaur leaf

P1050437.JPG

SSD #1
Mutation 2
This leaf was all twisted and seemed to be stuck together. This is what it turned into once it figured itself out.

P1050420.JPG

Cherry Mist #1

P1050428.JPG
P1050429.JPG

These are both SSD 1&2. I am trying to show the thickness of the main stem. It seems tying it made it thicken up a lot. You can see it somewhat better in the first one. When I tie it the stem thickens up, compare the nodes if interested in what I am saying. I am to lazy to crop right now to zoom in. Plus I could be wrong I am watching as it grows more to see if I am right.
I also think I should have started tying earlier so I could have it more flat. I want the lower larfy stuff to produce so I am trying to open it up to the sun. I used a tomato cage turned upside down, first ring removed, used the straight metal as legs and removed the original legs as not to lose an eye when working with the plants. I think this would have been better in a five gallon as I had to bend the legs a little more than I would have liked and it messed with t he soil a bit so I may have damaged some roots =[ I will try to remember to get a better picture of this contraption if interest is shown.

Back
Top Bottom