Journal To The Center Of Me Girth

Where the hell you at my friend................................. Don't get lost

Keepem Green

Ha,, this journal is so old news,, ha, I might try to post a pic here just fer kicks

That was easy,, i like the new gallery place,, kinda

Cheers friends,,

Bob,, cheers for the comment,, that sativa is indeed a fine plant,, i have been growing that one, re, cloning, for years now,, still improving on guality as well as quantity

CCheers agin for the contribution,,

WWorm casting use updates to follow,, i guess

Cannabis cream too, I guess

:peace:

doc,, the recipe for the cream is from sweetsue, and she passed it on from dave groomer

i am quite sure she will not mind me posting her info, so,,this from sue,,

Here's my basic recipe from Dave Groomer:

"I infused 2c of Grape Seed Oil with 16g assorted bud. The bud was decarbed @ 230f for 110 minutes. Added to oil in pyrex dish and cooked in oven @200f for 8hrs. Strain. In double boiler I put 1c uninfused GSO. 1.3oz beeswax grated into the oil as it heats. Once all the wax is melted, add 1c infused oil and combine. Pour out into 2 8oz containers. Works so much better then the last version.

I would normally add essential oils of some type (Lavender, sandalwood etc) but the person I was making this batch for has very sensitive skin and we wanted this the be the bare bones version."

We've played around with a lot of different recipes, and this is the simplest one to put together. The 8 hour infusion time is necessary to get the full effect.

If you're making a small batch you just reduce the measurements to meet your needs. Say we want to use 4 grams of bud. That would mean the recipe would read

1/2 cup of infused grape seed oil
4 grams of bud
9.2 grams of beeswax (If you can, get sheets of beeswax. They melt faster. Chunks you'll have to grate up, and the grater will never be usable for anything else)

Equipment and supplies:
- scale to measure precisely (beeswax must not exceed 8% of the volume for good consistency)
- turkey roasting bag for decarb
- small mason jar with lid for cooking the oil
- baking pan
- something to stir with You won't get the beeswax off easilyso make it something that isn't valuable, like a plastic spoon or fork. I use a stainless Wilton cake decorator. It cleans up really nice.
- double boiler (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, set on a trivet in a pot of water for easier cleanup with small batches.)
- jars to put the finished product into (something that holds at least 4 oz - you'll end up with slightly more than the 4 oz you're starting with)

We've learned that if you decarb in a roasting bag you'll retain more of the valuable terpenes. Do the decarb step and toss the unopened bag into the freezer for an hour before opening.

I'd use a small mason jar to do the infusion in.

After decarb, put the grape seed oil and decarbed bud into a mason jar and close it up. Cook in the oven, on a baking tray and cook for 8 hours at 200 degrees F. A stainless bowl with aluminum foil will do as well.

Strain and squeeze as much of this infused oil as you can. Add uninfused grape seed oil to get it back to a half cup in measure or you'll throw off the consistency of the cream and it'll be too stiff and won't absorb into the skin as well.

Place 1/4 cup of this infused oil into a double boiler arrangement and melt the beeswax into it, working slowly. When all the wax is melted, turn the fire off and add the other 1/4 cup of infused oil. Immediately pour into your storage jars.

Infused oils can go rancid quickly if left out in a room. I'd recommend making her small jars. She'll probably go through a 4 oz jar fast enough that there's no chance of it going rancid, but if you choose smaller jars she can store the others in the fridge until she finishes off a jar. We store the ones not being used in our fridge.

That's pretty much it nivek. Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck.

Sue :love:

weaseley,, my friend,, cheers to ya,,

all the usual suspects in my flower room right now,, a couple mama thai/thai sticks,, a blueberry or two,, and an og kush,, oh,, and one other new one

from a gifted seed,, i finally have a lemon skunk female in flower,, four weeks in or so,, cheers fer that one,,

oh, agin, and i have another lemon skunk that i was sexing,, and it turns out female,, but, get this

it looks like its an auto??? ever heard of that??

not completely confirmed that it is in full flower right now but it is sure layin out the preflowers if not. this plant in my veg room

goofy anyhow,,

oh,, agin agin,, and i have another og-x growing,, a cross from og kush and i am near sure a ma thai/thai stk. this sucker is simply massive,, i dunno why but i could climb the stalk its so thick. i gotta will these seeds up your way

i have also started incorporating worm castings into my soil mix,, think i mentioned this to you. still too early for any notes but the third plant will be uppotted today into a full organic mixture.

updates when the date ups

Back
Top Bottom