Journey 2: CBD Lemon Potion Auto & WW Auto

JCTJ

Hey folks, trying something a little different for my second grow. I enjoyed my first grow with coco/perlite and organic dry amendments, and had intended to do the same this round. Unfortunately my crop hermied quite bad from using seeds of a very poorly reviewed strain known to produce herms. I made a last minute switch from the coco/perl grow I had planned when I found a neat little kit to try at my local grow store.

For this grow I'll be running two types of autoflowers and the Destiny Organics 4 plant grow kit. I'm giving it a go and only using what the kit provides (hopefully) to complete my grow.

The kit includes Dark Matter organic soil, Amplify water conditioner used a couple times a week, G-force foliar spray once per week, Launch top dressing for weeks 1 and 3 of flower and an Ignition tea blend for weeks 2, 4 and 5 of flower.

Barney's Farm CBD Lemon Potion Auto x2 and CK White Widow Auto x2
Indoor Tent 32x32"
600W bluple (266W) and supplemental 300W blurple for flowering (130W). I'm looking at upgrading to a Mars TSW 2000 in the near future
Destiny Organics Dark Matter soil:
The core component of the Destiny system is Dark Matter™, our pre-fertilized super soil. With more than twenty premium natural ingredients, this specialized soil media has been designed to ensure a healthy balance of nutrients which maximize the function of the Soil Food Web. This active community of bacteria, fungi and other soil microbes converts typically unavailable nutrients and trace elements into plant-absorbable forms, allowing the plant to take them up as required. This leads to healthier, more disease and pest-resistant plants, with nutrients available when the plant needs them.
I've actually purchased another bag of Dark Matter to top up my pots as well as to give the top dressings a fresh layer
Lemon Potions are in 3 gal fabric pots with a total capacity of 3.9gal
WW's are in 5 gal fabric pots with the same diameter and edges rolled down
AC Infinity Cloudline T4 exhaust with small intake fan and clip on fans
76-80F lights on - RH 47-50
68F lights off - RH 55-60 , lower for flower
Watering with Amplify to a rough PH of 6.2-6.4 but I was told by Destiny not to worry too much about PH, with anything in the 6 to 7 range acceptable and that the soil will also buffer itself

Sorry in advance for any blurple photos, I'll do my best to get away from posting any of those.

Lemon Potion 1 and 2

The CKS WW's didn't start so hot and as of today (day 10) 1 of 2 is starting to pull through. Both had stuck shells/membranes and the one had a dead coty from the start which scared me. It was kind of neat to see it pull through the days with only one living cotyledon. The second had yellowing coty's and to this day has extremely mutated growth... I'm not holding my breath, it's already a write off in my books lol.

I dont have my first grow in my signature..but my ck wwa seeds have done great despite me being a rookie. Ww1 almost died started flowering at 2", killed another ww, ww3 probably gave me 15g but was awesome smoke. They have always been loaded with trichs though. Running 2 more in my 3rd season too. We are pretty close in days, so I will definitely be following along. Looks like a great set up you got there

Nice babies you have there. Happy growing :ganjamon:

Thanks, they are officially 2 weeks in so I need to post some updates.

I dont have my first grow in my signature..but my ck wwa seeds have done great despite me being a rookie. Ww1 almost died started flowering at 2", killed another ww, ww3 probably gave me 15g but was awesome smoke. They have always been loaded with trichs though. Running 2 more in my 3rd season too. We are pretty close in days, so I will definitely be following along. Looks like a great set up you got there

That's great to hear, my brother in law did a WW auto grow this spring under 600w mh/hps and I was blown away. Some of the frostiest tastiest bud I've had in a long time so of course I had to try growing it myself. Glad to have you on board :)

Middle of day 10. I had done the first of weekly foliar sprays around day 7 and didn't pay enough attention to water spots that didn't evaporate by lights on causing some burning on one of the lemons and a tiny spot on the other.

DSC_5886.JPG DSC_5887.JPG

The WW's were starting to come along by this point. The first was still quite scary by day 10 but showing some new more normal growth and the one on the right starting to normalize as well.

DSC_5888.JPG DSC_5889.JPG

Rounding up the end of week 2, yesterday marked day 14 for these gals. Light height is currently 24" with both veg and bloom switches on using the full 260W. Watering once every few days with the Amplify (fish hydrolysate, phosphoric acid)

Lemons seem to be happy

DSC_5902.JPG DSC_5903.JPG

WW's are starting to catch up a little considering the slow and rough start, new growth looks much better. A night and day difference from a week or so ago.

DSC_5904.JPG DSC_5905.JPG

Starting day 15 before lights out I gave them the week 2 foliar spray, hopefully things go better this time lol.

Great start. Love your choice on that kit sounds really good. I'm interested to see how it pans out.

Like the idea of folding tops back on pot. I'm incorporating that on my next grow.

:thumb:

Great start. Love your choice on that kit sounds really good. I'm interested to see how it pans out.

Like the idea of folding tops back on pot. I'm incorporating that on my next grow.

:thumb:

Thanks for stopping by! I am eager to find out how things pan out in the coming weeks with this kit.

Definitely useful to fold them down, in my case having not filled them all the way and when using larger/taller pots than needed.

In other news, these ladies will soon be getting a new home and better lighting. After some talking with @SmokeSara I decided on the Mars Hydro 3x3 (39x39") and the TSW 2000. It should be a pretty ideal setup for me with the space I have available.

The 32x32 just isn't cutting it, which I found out pretty quick when doing my first grow (photoperiods). I unfortunately don't have the space for a 4x4 but I think this tent size and light combo will be perfect for my needs.

Day 17

The lemons are continuing as expected, starting LST now that they have a little height. Originally I had planned to top all of these autos but I'm not quite sure I want to risk stunting anything at this moment. I'm thinking some fine tuned low stress training will do the trick for me. This grow is more about experience again and getting a healthy and complete harvest.

With that being said, what are your thoughts on topping one of them in the next few days to experiment? I'd like to do it before the 3 week mark but still waiting on the right amount of nodes.

DSC_5919.JPG DSC_5920.JPG

WW's are still kicking. The one with the dead coty is doing well in height and overall size. The other is VERY short but still showing nice new growth. Since they had such a weird and slow start I definitely won't be topping and just doing some LST.

DSC_5917.JPG DSC_5918.JPG

Here is a shot of the runt out of the tent in more normal lighting

DSC_5924.JPG

The TSW 2000 and 3x3 tent are scheduled to arrive first thing next week (day 22) - I can't wait to get them into their new home.

Your girls are looking good and best of luck with your auto attempt. :thumb:

Thanks! I can't wait for the coming weeks

I'm gonna top and try to quadline this season..as long as I get needed node growth (top at 4th node) within the "14-21" day window I've read needed for autos.

I may save the quad line technique for my next auto journal but definitely something I'd like to try at some point. Today marks day 19 and I'm still in the window for topping. I may risk it for the biscuit and top one of the lemons for experimentation tomorrow morning though!

They started showing their pistils on day 18 which was a nice sight. Day 19 (today) brought a new home and new light for these gals. I rushed before work to get things set up and transferred over from the old tent and light. One of the lemons is a little droopy and showing signs of over watering, I'll be letting them dry out more before their next water.

20190816_162152.jpg

In other news, we have some neighbouring outdoor grow pictures. Hard to tell, but the first photo is 1 bushy plant at 3/4 height in front of the next two and then one really scraggly strain in behind for the next two photos. 3 different strains overall. The two middle are exactly the same in every way. Last picture is a different grow of some gorilla glue #4

20190816_195545.jpg20190816_195613.jpg20190816_195610.jpg20190816_195643.jpg20190814_114800.jpg

They started showing their pistils on day 18 which was a nice sight. Day 19 (today) brought a new home and new light for these gals. I rushed before work to get things set up and transferred over from the old tent and light. One of the lemons is a little droopy and showing signs of over watering, I'll be letting them dry out more before their next water.

20190816_162152.jpg

In other news, we have some neighbouring outdoor grow pictures. Hard to tell, but the first photo is 1 bushy plant at 3/4 height in front of the next two and then one really scraggly strain in behind for the next two photos. 3 different strains overall. The two middle are exactly the same in every way. Last picture is a different grow of some gorilla glue #4

20190816_195545.jpg20190816_195613.jpg20190816_195610.jpg20190816_195643.jpg20190814_114800.jpg

Neighbors like a different house or your backyard?

Neighbors like a different house or your backyard?

Neighbours at the back and side :D

I had intended to run my Bubba Kush clones outside this year but the mother plants all hermied bad so I destroyed them and didn't put anything else together in time for an outdoor run.

Day 20

They have all taken a liking to the new light and being left to dry out a little more before another watering. I ended up being busy/away most of the weekend and didn't manage to top any of them. Since today marks the start of day 22, I believe I've passed my window of opportunity for topping.

LPA

DSC_5950.JPGDSC_5952.JPG

WWA

DSC_5951.JPGDSC_5953.JPG

Maybe with the next round of autos and mega crop I will get a little more aggressive with the topping and training. Speaking of mega crop, what's availability like in Canada? I can't seem to find the 2500g bags, just the 9.9kg

Looking good brotha

Thanks again!

This afternoon I was able to get some training done.

After the switch to the TSW 2000 on Friday I may have had the hanging height a little low, there was some light burn on a few new growth tips. Having adjustable drivers and a single light this powerful is going to take some getting used to. I have not adjusted the drivers thus far, just the overall height of the fixture.

20190819_155142.jpg20190819_145358.jpg

Back
Top Bottom