Joys Of Growing: Great Guide!

Great read but I did find one thing I feel got left out. I am sure it was merely over looked when written but feel it is very important to mention.
I read the section covering safety and privacy and what I did not see is the mention of the following
Best to make sure you have working smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in the home preferably in multiple locations. When you wake up in the middle of the night with your house on fire is not the time to start thinking about buying a fire extinguisher. Make sure you do not over load your circuits. You will be running your lights anywhere from 12 to 18 hour per day. According to the NEC (National Electric Code) this constitutes a continuous duty circuit, which is not to be loaded to over 80% of the breaker and wires size and capacity. In other words if you are doing this in a spare bedroom you can be pretty sure every receptacle in that room are on the same 15 amp circuit. Since it is going to be used as a continuous duty circuit you should only load that circuit up to 12 amps top. That is a combined load not individual loads. If you need more power to run your grow there are ways to get around this "SAFELY". That being the key word. All the marijuana in the world is not worth you losing your life or the life of a loved one over, I do not care how great a strain it is.
By all means grow, I know I do, just please be safe and remember, if you think going to jail over a grow would suck, imagine going to your wife or child's funeral.

Be smart, be safe and grow well.
Peace

Ignore the xxx's. I need info on where to get the best purple Kush seeds and tips on start up like lights etc. I just got my card today in california. Any experience will be much appreciated. I don't need to replicate others mistakes.

20161217_232025.jpg

Hello, had a question about the article/tutorial. How do you do this " Before taking cuttings, starve the plant for nitrogen for a week at least, so that the plant is not extreamly green, as this will make rooting take longer. " Not sure i understand how to starve a plant of nitrogen.. thanks

Not a pro grower here but from what I have learned so far:

1. what type of lighting are you using? 24 hour light will cause alot of stretching if you don't keep the light close to the tops and won't grow as fast in my opinion. Are you limited on space? Some growers with limited height space will go 12/12 from the beginning to keep them low and eventually will flower without having to mess with switching the light schedule.

2. Once you water it's best to wait until the soil is dry before watering again. Depending on the temp of the room depends on how fast this happens. I started under florecent lights and only needed to water once a week once I switched to cfl's or hps light the temps were higher so I would have to water every couple days.

3.A fan too soon will dry your seedlings out and could cause them to break if the fan is too close or blowing too hard. It's best to wait until they are well established with 3-4 sets of leaves before introducing a fan. Once you do observe how hard it's blowing and make adjustments to the speed/position until it's just enough to make the do a little dance when it blows on them.

There are many different views on the above questions about lighting/watering I am just giving you what I have learned read and used myself that works for me.:Namaste:
You put alot of time and :peace:work into this and thank you .

Great info. Thank you for taking the time.

Back
Top Bottom