Jozo-Sha's 4/20 Journal

Jeeze, where to start? Been so damned busy at work, and mini-crisis after mini-crisis it seemed. Well, finally got some time to do a bit of gardening, I'll try and get at least a few pictures up. Growing 12/12 from seed and rooted cuts - the NY Diesel and Pot 'o Gold did well with this; leggier sativa predominant strains didn't fare so well. This is a new laptop, and I can't get the cursed thing to do carriage returns for new paragraphs - probably IE (New touchscreen Win8 laptop, still learning)....sorry if this looks like shit. Any event - dropped a pair of 'Wappa' and 'Orange Bud' beans, they're just popping above the surface of the RapidRooters, and should be ready to drop into the one gallon hydroton filled pots in my Emily's Garden 6-up semi-DWC unit. I've managed to shove that into the 2x2 tent with a 300W LED over them. (You do not know how pissed I am that I cannot make a new paragraph! :surrender: A shout out to Advanced LED. Kyle made it right with the advertising, and I couldn't be more pleased with my DS-200's. They push 172W each, but I've grown the healthiest, fattest, most stupefying meds under them. Period. I've tried a boatload of LEDs and Advanced has some QUALITY units. Pay now and get quality, or pay later when the 'discount' unit you got takes a shit and you're buying a new one. Like I said, pics as soon as I can figure out all this resizing and uploading stuff on Windows 8, but you should be pleased. Miss you all.... and with no new paragraphs, the sign out will look weird :peace: Peace, :bongrip: ~JZ

DSCF22821.JPG
DSCF22831.JPG
DSCF22862.JPG
DSCF22222.JPG
DSCF22243.JPG
DSCF22371.JPG
DSCF2244.JPG
DSCF2243.JPG
DSCF22382.JPG
DSCF22041.JPG
DSCF22081.JPG
DSCF22291.JPG
DSCF22151.JPG

One Orange Bud and one Wappa have popped. Details in a few days. And again, curses to the developer who made this Win8 IE app not allow carriage returns. I'm not PLEASED. :rofl: :bongrip: ~JZ

Alrighty! :Namaste:

I'm back again with one of my sporadic posts; still grinding away at the thing I do for money so I can survive while growing delicious and beneficial medicine for myself. Thanks to cannabis, I'm down to only one medication, generic Prilosec (omeprazole and that ilk) for my GERD. Pain relief? Cannabis. Mood stabilizer? Cannabis. Anti-depressant? Cannabis. Appetite stimulant? Cannabis.....I could go on and on.

I took a plunge and bought an Emily's Garden, basically a 6 x two gallon dwc setup. Crammed it in my 2' x 2' tent with the 300W LED, added 4 gallons of RO/DI, spiked with cal-mag, GH FloraNova Grow, pH'd to 5.8 then added a little Orca (think Great White mycorrhyzae in liquid form). Popped one each of Orange Bud, Wappa, Auto AK-47 and Auto White Widow. Added a donated cut of Strawberry Cough, too!

Everything rooted, and lemme tell you, this is my first experience with mycorrhyzae, and the roots LOVE :love::love::love: that stuff. Dense, snow white and fishbones all over with nice fat nodules growing at the stem/root junction. Try it, you'll like it. The Orange Bud is the QUEEN of the 2' x 2' for sure. After 5 weeks from seed, she's yielded many babies and is huge.

NOTE: The Emily's Garden air pump is an anemic piece of shit, and HydroFarm should be ashamed to even try to foist it on consumers. I slaved mine on to a beefy 2 port air pump I snagged at the hydro shop a year or more ago. You've been warned.

Trying an experiment in the big tent (well, the 4' x 2' x 4' or whatever it is), using the Easy2Grow system, but with a twist: 12/12 from seed in RED SOLO CUPS :slide: so, for this, I've got 7 out of 10 seeds that popped, all mixed sex. Oh, yeah, the strains....3 are from the Cate Harrington Auto stuff I grew back some time ago, and the other 4 are from a goodie pack of mixed strains from Cali Connection. I don't know what sex I'll get on any of them, but at least 3 are auto flowering. All in the name of SCIENCE! :rofl:

Well, I was soooooo impressed with how thing were doing in the small tent with the Emily's Garden set up, I bought another. And yeah, I've been shifting shit around and tinkering, naturally :laugh: The air pump anemia struk again, and well, I needed the beefyness anyhow, so bought a 47l/hr pump with a 6 port manifold. churning reservoirs? YES.

The new EG is in the big tent now, with the two autos and the Strawberry Cough, waiting for the Wappa and Orange Bud cuts to root, same nute mix, save changing out grow for bloom. Things are moving in the Jozo-Sha grow room, and I'm glad I can share.

Oh yeah, you want pics, right? :rofl:

Wappa (L) and Orange Bud (R) cuts, about 5 days old:

DSCF22931.JPG

One crammed 2' x 2' tent - you tell me which one you think is the Orange Bud mom!

DSCF2294.JPG
DSCF2295.JPG

DSCF2296.JPG

4 mystery sex/strains from Cali Connection(L) and 3 homegrown autos (Cate Harrington), again mixed sex:

DSCF2297.JPG

DSCF23032.JPG

DSCF23051.JPG

And the new EG unit, now with occupants!

DSCF2298.JPG

DSCF23001.JPG

DSCF2301.JPG

DSCF23021.JPG

See? Told ya I've been busy! Take care, all.

Peace,

:bongrip: - JZ

Yay! A new thread follower! Honestly, even if no one reads this anymore, it's still fun to be able to share once in awhile. Many who have follwed my grows perviously ahve seen me so hit-and-miss, it's no wonder this is a semi-dead journal :rofl:

The girls are well; one of the Solo Cup auto-flowers showed his nuts, so he became a tasty kitty snack - Angel and Butters mowed him down in mere minutes! The other two AF's are for sure girls, cute lil' white hairs popping all over the tops :high-five: - the 4 Cali Connection mixed sex/strain plants are growing madly, still unsure of sex at this point, but I ain't worrin' a bit. All of my cuts of Orange Bud and Wappa have rooted, so one of each went into coir/OC+ in Solos and took spots in the flowering tent. One of each are now carefully placed in the mother tent, to keep the lineage going. Two more will end up with a friend, and the last pair (yes, I finally got a 100% rooting!) will go directly into the two remaining spots in the Emily's Garden in the flowering tent.

I once the new Wappa and OB cuts have take hold in the mom tent Emily's Garden, I'll take a final set of cuts from the original Orange Bud and Wappa mothers, then transfer them into the flower tent - my timing *might* be off a bit, but I'm hoping to juggle things just so to keep sort of a train of cuts/veg in the MEG (Mother Emily's Garden) then just grab the pots and move them into FEG (of course, Flowering Emily's Garden), but this depends on the Solo Cup brigade finishing off fairly quick-ish. Of course, if I just can't pull it off, it's always fine to just keep the big mamas as long as I need :slide:

Here come the pictures, in now particular order, again, just taken mere minutes ago and sorry for the sideways ones, new laptop and I don't know how to manipulate pix with Windows yet! :rofl: (link to originals):

Peace,

Yay! A new thread follower! Honestly, even if no one reads this anymore, it's still fun to be able to share once in awhile. Many who have follwed my grows perviously ahve seen me so hit-and-miss, it's no wonder this is a semi-dead journal :rofl:

The girls are well; one of the Solo Cup auto-flowers showed his nuts, so he became a tasty kitty snack - Angel and Butters mowed him down in mere minutes! The other two AF's are for sure girls, cute lil' white hairs popping all over the tops :high-five: - the 4 Cali Connection mixed sex/strain plants are growing madly, still unsure of sex at this point, but I ain't worrin' a bit. All of my cuts of Orange Bud and Wappa have rooted, so one of each went into coir/OC+ in Solos and took spots in the flowering tent. One of each are now carefully placed in the mother tent, to keep the lineage going. Two more will end up with a friend, and the last pair (yes, I finally got a 100% rooting!) will go directly into the two remaining spots in the Emily's Garden in the flowering tent.

I once the new Wappa and OB cuts have take hold in the mom tent Emily's Garden, I'll take a final set of cuts from the original Orange Bud and Wappa mothers, then transfer them into the flower tent - my timing *might* be off a bit, but I'm hoping to juggle things just so to keep sort of a train of cuts/veg in the MEG (Mother Emily's Garden) then just grab the pots and move them into FEG (of course, Flowering Emily's Garden), but this depends on the Solo Cup brigade finishing off fairly quick-ish. Of course, if I just can't pull it off, it's always fine to just keep the big mamas as long as I need :slide:

Here come the pictures, in now particular order, again, just taken mere minutes ago and sorry for the sideways ones, new laptop and I don't know how to manipulate pix with Windows yet! :rofl: (link to originals):

Peace,
Thanks to cannabis, I'm down to only one medication, generic Prilosec (omeprazole and that ilk) for my GERD. Pain relief? Cannabis. Mood stabilizer? Cannabis. Anti-depressant? Cannabis. Appetite stimulant? Cannabis.....I could go on and on.

All creatures big & small seem to have cannabinol receptors in most cells, if not all.
I've been catching rumbles that the good stuff is in the green leaf, so your cats get the best as mine does before I catch his sneaky tail in the pot patch. He usually pukes it up, and seems to have a good time doing so. Who am I to deny him?
:Namaste:

Everything is planted now, and of course, I'm completely out of room - at least now I get to enjoy watching the girls grow up (yep, another guy dared show up and he's no longer amongst my harem :rofl:) to become beautiful sexy bud laden ladies! Not much else to do at this point but to maintain the reservoirs and contents thereof, prune the moms on occasion and enjoy the process!

Peace,

Hey, Jozo! Great to see you back, Brother, and back strong you are! :welldone:
+REPS on the growroom makeover! :thumb:

Thanks Mr. Krip - not so much of a growroom makeover as much as a Jozo-Sha makeover; finally putting into practice the things I've been told about, but was too damned stubborn to do so! The learning curve seems less steep and I'm finally starting to ENJOY growing instead of fighting with shit all the time.

Glad to see you here, for sure. :Namaste:

All creatures big & small seem to have cannabinol receptors in most cells, if not all.
I've been catching rumbles that the good stuff is in the green leaf, so your cats get the best as mine does before I catch his sneaky tail in the pot patch. He usually pukes it up, and seems to have a good time doing so. Who am I to deny him?
:Namaste:

And like you and yours, mine get the finest too (especially when I space out and leave the bottom of the tent unzipped!), they yowl and mewl plaintively when I get home and walk to the grow room! Little pothead kitties :rofl:

Good to see you, my brother. :passitleft:

Peace,

I think cats need something that they get from plants, but don't have the teeth or guts to take it on through. Love catnip, but only a little bit. Sprouted oats are called 'cat grass' by some. Loves cannabis fan leaves, but pukes it back up. I've never scolded mine for puking, but he always wears a guilty expression right afterwards. Maybe he feels slow & vulnerable? May forget that I am a part of his world, and sees me looking at him? Pretends that he has no clue what I'm talking about when I ask 'how you doing'. Independent idiot. Like me.

Jozo, a couple of thoughts regarding your plans...

First, the 24" height of the DS-200's from the SCROG should be fine. To get it 2"-3" from the top of the tent, you'll probably need to either shorten whatever hanger it comes with (if any) or rig something else up. If needed, you can use the same method I'm going to recommend for your SCROG, which is, "zip ties" (VERY useful in the growroom!). The only concern I'd have is distance from the top of the tent. I'm guessing the cooling fans on the DS-200's are exhausing the heat using fans at the top of the unit. They may need some clearance greater than 2" (for example) to be able to exhaust efficiently and not overheat the units which could shorten the life of the bulbs and especially the power supplies.

For the scrog, you can get any screening/fish net/trellis material and zip tie it to the PVC frame.

Also, if you create legs on the PVC frame, you can put "couplers" on the bottom of the legs, then cut some PVC "spacers" to plug into the couplers that will enable you to adjust the height by adding/removing spacers. :Namaste:

EDIT: OK...:roorrip:...I'm not sure what happened....:bong:....I thought I was on the last page of your journal....:hookah:....I was responding to a post from 4/20....:bongrip:...Now I realize I was on the first page of the journal responding to a post from 4/20/2012! :lot-o-toke: I'll just leave the info in case you forget which grow you're on, too! :)

OK I`ll stick my head up and hang around. Been reading right along, wish I had your growing smarts. I`m living, learning and growing my meds.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Still doing fine, flowering tent is filled with buds. I'll snap pics in a day or so. Again, posting with Internet Explorer, which doesn't allow carriage returns, so this posting will look like a run-on sentence! :rofl: Anyhow, my two moms needed a huge pruning, they were packing the 2' x 2' tent to the brim :) Once the one Wappa and one Orange Bud in the flowering tent finish up, I'll decide which one I'm gonan keep as a perm-a-mom - for the size of my grow, and the fact I only need to supply my needs, one strain makes sense, with the odd seed-to-flower 12/12 thrown in. Be well, Peace! :bongrip: - JZ

Back
Top Bottom