Juicing The Plant For Her CBD's

This may have already been answered but I want to start juicing; RSO has helped but its just not enough. Anyways I should start growing soon but what produces more juice, the bud or the leaf?

I ask because in indoor grows where you can control lighting you can extend the veg state instead of forcing the flowering state.

Hey there juicing in the veg form seems to be the easier way to be able to juice daily and always have enough to juice. They do suggest juicing one full bud of a flowering plant daily also but we have not gotten to that point yet. If you would like check out my journal on here or youtube it shows my dedicated vegging/juicing tent that has been going a few months already and will be for a long time. The mothers they came from were vegging for over a year before I put them into flower.

Also do you know what strain your RSO is? (maybe high CBD?) If you don't mind me asking what are you using RSO for?

I have a cavernous angioma in my brainstem; its a vascular mutation. Basically a mass of veins, its benign but its location sucks and causes all sorts of issues and eventually will be fatal if left untreated and other than surgery there is little that can be done.

Over time I've tried smoking and vaping which did help for nausea but it wasn't till I started with RSO that my nervous system started "waking up". I've mostly used a strain provided by a pothead friend of mine, its a high THC strain called Beyond the Brain.

Beyond the Brain (by Mandala Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

I'm in Costa Rica (were its still highly illegal) so finding high CBD strains is quite difficult and CBD seems to promote the strongest anti angiogenic effect which is what I need.

RSO is your best bet but you already said that you dont have access to cbd strains so that is the issue. RSO made heavily with THC can reach up to 80% thc, its a extremely high concentrate.

now its not certain yet, but xbones has found out that one of his strains the leaf actually had stronger test results in CBDa then THCa. so if you have access to a grower or know someone that knows a grower, try and get a bag of as fresh as possible trim as you can, and juice it instantly. then Freeze the juice in ice cube trays as xbones shows in a youtube video of his.

this will be your best bet, but for your illness you will need a extremely strong CBD RSO.

if you have time or feel up to it check out the thread by 420motoco in my signature. he is in my opinion the true medicalman ;)

I&i

Great video. specially for the patient that doesnt want to get high, has cancer or a tumor and needs to act fast.

the reason i posted this video here is because i recently had a patient come in and say he doesnt smoke, he works 60+ hrs a week and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. i just happened to have harvested my sour tsunami at this time so i made him some cannabis oil (rso). he doesnt like taking the oil because he gets a head high and cant focus or work and just gets sleepy. telling him to go about taking his meds this way may be a long shot, but if i can get him to watch this video it may be easier. this video is new and she is good at giving info and details.

hope you all enjoy.

[video=youtube;-hUoyXKf81c]
[/video]

not true. check out this post...

Cannafan's Variety Grow - Blueberry Gum/Delicious CC/Hawaiian Skunk Haze/THC Bomb

I didn't think the males had them either... until I saw the pictures. Dudes DO make trichomes. :thedoubletake:

10-31_1.jpg

I think this pretty much debunks the idea that the trichomes, on female flowers, aid in capturing pollen. I never liked that theory anyway. :blalol:

I've always believed they were to protect the plant from UV and/or predation.

Just looks like hairy balls to me :Namaste:

I juice Kale, Cucumber, Apple and Celery for my wife daily.
She was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer, mets to liver, peritoneal membrane and lymphatic nodes on 16th September 2013. Oncologist gave her 6 to 12 mths.
She's still here so i will now be adding leaves to her juice, at least until i can finish what i am doing and make her some rso.
By the way, just for an opinion, I use and can highly recommend the Hurom HU700 cold press juicer. Sure there are better cold press juicers out there, but after a lot of research it seemed one of the best bang for buck juicers.
Cheers

I juice Kale, Cucumber, Apple and Celery for my wife daily.
She was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer, mets to liver, peritoneal membrane and lymphatic nodes on 16th September 2013. Oncologist gave her 6 to 12 mths.
She's still here so i will now be adding leaves to her juice, at least until i can finish what i am doing and make her some rso.
By the way, just for an opinion, I use and can highly recommend the Hurom HU700 cold press juicer. Sure there are better cold press juicers out there, but after a lot of research it seemed one of the best bang for buck juicers.
Cheers

Wow very interesting juicing.. It looks like it would get all the juice out of the cannabis leaves. Have you done only leaves in it to see if it gets all the juice out of them?

Wow very interesting juicing.. It looks like it would get all the juice out of the cannabis leaves. Have you done only leaves in it to see if it gets all the juice out of them?

No haven't tried cannabis leaves at all yet, but the pulp expelled from the Hurom is almost dry and crumbly so it does a very good job of extracting the juice from whatever goes in. I hadn't even thought of juicing raw cannabis until I discovered this incredible site a few weeks ago. I'd heard of RSO on many occasions, and here in Australia we have the great Tony Mullaways ( hail Tony ) making free tincture for many who need help.
I've sourced tincture for my Wife so far, but we definitely need to produce RSO for her best chance.
I shall run some freshly cut leaves through it soon and report back with results.
Cheers

No haven't tried cannabis leaves at all yet, but the pulp expelled from the Hurom is almost dry and crumbly so it does a very good job of extracting the juice from whatever goes in. I hadn't even thought of juicing raw cannabis until I discovered this incredible site a few weeks ago. I'd heard of RSO on many occasions, and here in Australia we have the great Tony Mullaways ( hail Tony ) making free tincture for many who need help.
I've sourced tincture for my Wife so far, but we definitely need to produce RSO for her best chance.
I shall run some freshly cut leaves through it soon and report back with results.
Cheers

Ya I watched a few videos about that juicer and I think it will be our next one. If you do try cannabis leaves in it please let me know if it does not work well. But looks like it would work perfect.

Hi Wobbler,

Is that device a press too? when I looked it up it says it's a masticating juicer.
We use an Omega 8004 (the white one). It works great. The pulp is pretty dry, but I've thought about making a press. That project keeps getting bumped though.

Our juicer does a good job with cannabis. The stems are the hard part since the fibers are so strong (it IS hemp after all), but it seems to handle them fine. You can hear the motor working a little harder, but not unlike shoving a carrot real fast. I wash my cannais leaves in a colander first. Then I wad up the leaves and stems into roughly an egg shape and shove it into the juicer. With out juicer, it works better to make little bundles rather then trying to shove branches in. We also usually mix is with other things, carrots, greens, apples, etc.

How much is that Hurom juicer? It looked like it's ~$300? I saw my Omega for $170 just now.
Just putting this out there. I'm sure yours works great. I'd like one that presses as well, but so far the need hasn't been enough I guess. :blalol:

Here is my experience, about what you have been discussing. Juicing and The OIL.

I recently got an Omega NC900HDC on fleabay for $200 as a factory refurbished. Brand new looking in a new box. No evidence of use. Comes from Omega. I use mine daily to make a lunch juice for my wife and myself. I juice three big handfuls of spinach, 2 apples, a pear, 3 carrots, 2 frozen mango chunks and some cranberries. I like to use a lot of cranberries for the medical value shown by them. I can't juice cannabis in the lunch due to possibility of PEE TESTS! Not for me, fortunately. I have juiced some leaves. And froze what I didn't use immediately in a BTA free ice tray. It's amazing how much gets squeezed out of the leaves. If they have trichomes, all the better. I usually put it in my soups and heat the soup for about 20 minutes. Not boil, just steam coming up. These Omega's do well for me. If you see any from Omega as refurbished they have a 1 year warranty. Not the usual 5. That's the only difference I see. You might want to try one for juicing your defolling leaves and your trim. I might try to make some butter with some juice. I told my son to get me a distiller for my birthday. I know nothing about the distilling or brewing arts. But I'm willing to try just to see what the end product would be.

As for the oil. I have had a couple strokes which left me with epilepsy. I have been doing oil since first reading the oil site here on 420Mag. I have had been without for a couple weeks at a time during the past 6 months. I would be a small amount user, I tack once a day an amount the size of a piece of rice a day. I have had observable benefits directly from the oil. Affecting my epilepsy, diabetes and angina and other chronic pains and elderly processes. I have to test my blood four times a day for my diabetes and take pill meds for it along with what was usualy 56 units of Lantis and it is now at 30 and there is no 4 times a day injection before I eat. I have had five seizures since the time I started using the oil. Normal could have been 20 a day. My doctor told my wife he was worried I would have a seizure in my sleep and die. We're amazed.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :love: I'm only in it for the oil. and the juice...

WJ

Hi Hiker,yes the Hurom is what they call a "masticating" juicer. They are covered under the "Cold Press Juicer" umbrella due to their worm driven screw and sieve action.
Wildjim, the Omega was the other juicer on my shortlist.
The only main difference between the two is the Omega is a horizontal screw and the Hurom is vertical.The Hurom takes up a little less bench footprint, both are reasonably easy to clean, and both have great parts backup which is most important to me. I loathe spending my hard earned on things I cannot buy parts for and cannot repair or maintain myself.
Still haven't gotten to juice any cannabis yet, I've been having too much fun cooking with it :)
Cheers

fyi, we had some leaves in the fridge we forgot about. Just some defol leaf we put in a gallon ziplock. They looked fine after, literally, weeks. We watched them the first couple weeks and they stored well. When we forgot about them, they had been in there for nearly 2 months. At that point, there were signs of decay and I would not use them for juicing.

It's good to know we can store the leaves for a few weeks at least though.

Hey SoilGirl, Heard about your troubles in your grow journal just a second ago.. As was mentioned in your journal i also recommend you to seek out 420motoco he has helped one of our fellow 420mag members from start to finish and has great results. he will work with you daily to make sure you are getting the specific strains that are available in your area. luckily for you your in colorado where many well known cbd strains are as your aware of. the great thing about juicing is you dont need a finished product to juice so you can start juicing a month into veg (normal defoliage) anyways. Cannabinoids will be released from the leafs when you juice (any strain, obviously some are stronger then others) as long as you dont heat the juice. once you heat the juice is when you activate the thc that your not wanting for seizure patients at all. So you can juice the leafs you have in your journal right now as long as you dont activate it with heat he will get strictly the cbds (not as much as in a concentrated oil form) keep that in mind please. If your able to in the mean time i would recommend getting at least one cbd strain as soon as possible and start cloning her. with cut off leaves juice them with some carrots, kale, spinach, mango's, bananas, whatever makes you smile ;) once you have your plants ready to harvest, making oil with a food grade solvent is recommended. ive made oil with blue agave and everclear, blue agave i could almost become a diabetic from haha. Also coconut oil (can be used as a cream/lubricant) used great for massages. butter is good but i prefer coconut oil it just feels better.
I&i
I am late to this but I just wanted to say this is great info. Buy a VitaMix and use the whole leaf not just the juice. We make a vegan smoothies 4 cups each every morning including the fan leaves. We use flax seed, chia, sunflower seed raw, raw almonds, pecans, rolled oats, quinoa, spinach, cannabis leaves, kale, apple, orange, banana, and dark grapes we swap ingredients as supplies go. For dinner we use dry pinto beans, carrots, potatoes cooked all day in a crockpot as a base then we spin together tomatoes, tomatilloes, anahiem pepper, garlic, cannabis leaves, fresh parsley let it run until its just warm in the VitaMix then pour into the bean base. MMMMMmmmmm then we sprinkle each dish with some Bragg Aminos for salt and excellent flavoring, I usually add some cayenne powder as well. Very healthy, my blood pressure has dropped by 15, I'm around 120/80 now and I lost weight 215 to 175 now without being hungry or working out, not even on the BMI anymore. My baby went from 203 to 130 she has such low blood pressure the Drs have to double check to see if she is alive 80/50.

My dog recently was diagnosed with pancreatitus, she was throwing up and severe diarrhea until we started her on the same diet we eat. Now she is recovering, no more diarrhea or throw up no stupid pills either and her body is gaining muscle again. Of course we are well read on nutrition for us and dogs so we don't giver anything that is bad like grapes, garlic, onion, chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate we make chocolate shakes with cocoa powder, agave, cannabis leaves, raw almonds, pecans, a dash of himalayan salt, and fill the rest with ice cubes, spin....comes out like better than any choco shake you ever had

Ask me if you want further info. Good thread!!!
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom