July 11 & 12, 2008 - Schwagstock 38

Johnny

July 11+12, 2008 at Camp Zoe - Salem, MO

2 days of peace, camping, and live music with: 2 stages, 10 bands, 40 vendors, 1000's of people.

All Ages Welcome - Camping Onsite - Swimming - Canoe Float Trips -Vendors - Drum Circles - Bonfires - Pro Stereo Sound & Light Shows

Details:

Camp Zoe is a 370 acre privately owned campground located in a valley of the Ozark Hills of southern central Missouri. Beaches, caves, bluffs, and swimmin' holes line the spring-fed stream that runs through the middle of the campground. Zoe is a former youth camp that is surrounded by 90,000 acres of private timber reserves and national park property. This is the 12th season of Schwagstock festivals and the 17th year of The Schwag. Camp Zoe has hosted twenty Schwag festivals over the last four years with a cumulative attendance of over 100,000 people. There are five Schwag events in 2008.

Schwagstock 33 in May of 2007 drew over 7500 people. Camp Zoe has a general store, a concession stand, a shower house with flush toilets, a bathroom house with flush toilets, 75 porta-jons, on-site septic service, ATM, payphone, 500 trash cans, 3 trash dumpsters, 4 miles of gravel roads, private security, 2 stages, power for vendors, and lots of shaded camping. You park where you camp and camp where you park. All camping space is first come, first serve - no reservations.

schwagstock38.jpg

These events are the best my friends. You will feel the spirit of the old days if you go. No looking over your shoulder when smoking there. Freedom abounds. If your in the market for glass you can find some really fine work.... cheap. So if you can afford the gas prices (missouri has the lowest in the u.s. right now) ya'll come. Trust me :cool:

It sounds like a great time, User! I could picture it in my head as I was reading about it.

Anyway, here are Schwagstock 38's performers so far:

- The Schwag (Grateful Dead tribute band)
- Big Brother & the Holding Company
- Moonlight Drive (The Doors tribute band)
- Devon Allman & Honeytribe
- Last Waltz Ensemble (performing songs by The Band & Bob Dylan)
- Ekoostik Hookah

And there are more to be announced.

the schwag really do a nice job. approved by surviving dead members. jimmy the bass player/lead vocalist is also the owner of the property and head honcho and all around nice guy. the last one the schwag had 2 string cheese members playing with them. lots of the old dead family are around. Devon Allman (Greg's Son) is great i've seen him twice there. i haven't heard moonlight drive yet. i've not seen Ekoostik Hookah but i'm looking forward to it.

i wish i had a way to get there. Coming from Southern California, its just too far for me

seriously... I take the free bus to work, and bike everywhere else.

they have a free bus? thats great, i'd ride the bus too. way back in the day i hitchiked all over the states and a bit of canada for a couple of years. lots of free rides and never a bad experience with people (well once in texas but that was to be expected, it was texas. and the california highway patrol.. but they aren't really people).

Back
Top Bottom