July, August & September growth?

First time growing outdoors or indoors. Location PNW 45deg N
We don't get consistent sun and temperature above 80F until
early July. Should I anticipate a significant increase in growth when
this happens? Double or triple in height?

Thanks

Depends (a lot!) on the strain. But: yes, especially with sativa / sativa dom strains/phenos & especially without topping and training, they can double or triple in height from July thru early Sept. But again, highly strain dependent.

Blueberry (Crop King) The older two plants are only 20" and have multiple toppings making 18+ branching.
I may have overdone it and plan to leave them alone from now on. They look nice and bushy, getting to 40-50"
would be ideal. They seem to be growing slowly lately, maybe because the growth is spread across so many tops?

Two younger plants at 10"

Thanks for replying, fun plants to play with,

Yep, Andy's got the strain issue right. This became very evident the first time I grew GG4 in a large pot outdoors when in its final form it looked almost spherical. Subsequent GG4 grows show the shape was no fluke. The 3 GG4 plants this year are now all wider than they are tall, the biggest 4' or so tall by 5' at its widest branching. This is because given sufficient water and proper nutes, GG4 branches so densely and enthusiastically. I now chill about my plants ultimate heights because the real deal (the nugs and such) is in the branching.

Update: My two older plants (topped) have continued to grow modestly up and out, temperatures are now averaging mid 80's and this seems to have helped. Location does not have ideal sun, one plant is in ground and the other is in large clay pot 18-20" Nutrients are a mix of samples from mega crop and nectar for the gods.

Younger plants are in 10 gallon fabric sitting on ground. One cup/10G Jobes 2-5-4 vegetable and tomato fertilizer plus
the liquid nutrients above. One is getting quadlined and the youngest one LST. The youngest one replaced a mutant, it also seems to be sativa dominant compared to the other three blueberries. Today I moved it up front to a better sun location, also less discrete.

If nothing else they are nice ornamental plants and a relaxing hobby. A small yield and a few seeds would be a bonus.

Update and questions.
About 4' tall and 3' high, Early flowering in back yard, front yard plants are behind in flowering.
Possibly due to light pollution from neighbors porch lights. Worried about October rain and rot.
Zero issues with pests.

Maybe auto flowers would be a better option next year. How feasible is two crops of auto flowers outdoors?
climate Portland Oregon.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom