jumping ph and white gunk

lookhomer

420 Member
Okay so I have a 5 gallon drip hydro setup using General Hydroponic nutes. I start them in rock wool soaked in 5.8 ph water then place them in clay rock. I have a bubbler going 24. And I know that its not a light getting in. First problem is a constantly jumping ph goes from 5.8 to 7.4 or higher in less then 24 hours. Along with that I have a white foam in the buckets along with a slimy gungy white stuff. I have used hygrozyme and add h202 but it never gets rid of it. This is not my first rodeo but this is my first time dealing with ph problems and this freakin foam. Roots are still white and beautiful but I just got rid of one that I lost most of the leaves and brown roots. (more then just discolored from nutes) I do use tap water. I have tried everything from new buckets, tubing, new rock you name it I have replaced it. This white foam just keeps coming back. Please help!:peace:

The foaming effect white slime/gunge etc is caused by organic nutrients & i would check your present selection of nutrients just incase...

NOT all organic nutrients cause forming tho so its a case of elimination of which ones do !

They are also prone to going stagnant with in few days so reserva is best changed frequently...

Back
Top Bottom