Jungle Joseph Experiments With Clones

Jungle Joseph

Welcome to my clone wars.
I am a novice grower with minimal experience.

The plan,

I'm going to try my hand at a SOG. (Sea of green)
I have 15 clones, all from unknown strain, bagseed mothers.
I'll be growing 6 clones in coco perlite 70/30.
I'll also be growing 2 in soil. These 8 will be moved into the tent once the plants in there have finished.
As for the rest of them, 1 is still in a jiffy pellet, and the other 6 are in water. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.

The clones destined for the tent are from 3 different plants.

The first is SC. (Soil clone) SC will be in soil. Obviously. I named her Spider Girl. Hope that's not bad juju lol.

Next is SSSC. (Short Stack Soil clone) Her mother is named Short Stack.
SSSC will be in soil.

Next up are the 6c clones. They took a while to get acclimated to life outside of the humidity box thingy, but they're away now. They will be in coco perlite.

Last, but certainly not least, are the SSC, Short Stack clones in coco perlite. These ones are the strongest and barely missed a beat throughout the cloning process.

I have decided to experiment with different flavors (additives) as well.

The clones in soil will be getting water only.

The clones in coco will be fed with coco a&b and calmag as a base nutrient.
1 SSC will be fed only the base nutrients, and will be the 'control' plant.
1 SSC will be given Bat Guano as well as the base nutrients, and the other will be given Flavor Savior (a fish emulsion with kelp, vermicompost extract etc) as well as the base nutrients.
The same for the 6c clones.
I'm hoping to find a marked difference between the additives.

The environment,

Currently the clones are under a 15w cfl bulb.
My tent is 3x3x5.
The light in the tent is a 100w twin bulb COB LED.
Temperature is usually between 20-25°c
RH is usually between 50-70%

I'm trying to keep the clones in slow motion for now, since they can't go into the tent until the current occupants are gone.

Anyway,
hopefully I haven't left out too much information. Don't hesitate to ask if you want to know something I might have missed.

Soil clone and mother.

20210930_153803.jpg

20210930_153851.jpg

Welcome to my clone wars.
I am a novice grower with minimal experience.

The plan,

I'm going to try my hand at a SOG. (Sea of green)
I have 15 clones, all from unknown strain, bagseed mothers.
I'll be growing 6 clones in coco perlite 70/30.
I'll also be growing 2 in soil. These 8 will be moved into the tent once the plants in there have finished.
As for the rest of them, 1 is still in a jiffy pellet, and the other 6 are in water. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.

The clones destined for the tent are from 3 different plants.

The first is SC. (Soil clone) SC will be in soil. Obviously. I named her Spider Girl. Hope that's not bad juju lol.

Next is SSSC. (Short Stack Soil clone) Her mother is named Short Stack.
SSSC will be in soil.

Next up are the 6c clones. They took a while to get acclimated to life outside of the humidity box thingy, but they're away now. They will be in coco perlite.

Last, but certainly not least, are the SSC, Short Stack clones in coco perlite. These ones are the strongest and barely missed a beat throughout the cloning process.

I have decided to experiment with different flavors (additives) as well.

The clones in soil will be getting water only.

The clones in coco will be fed with coco a&b and calmag as a base nutrient.
1 SSC will be fed only the base nutrients, and will be the 'control' plant.
1 SSC will be given Bat Guano as well as the base nutrients, and the other will be given Flavor Savior (a fish emulsion with kelp, vermicompost extract etc) as well as the base nutrients.
The same for the 6c clones.
I'm hoping to find a marked difference between the additives.

The environment,

Currently the clones are under a 15w cfl bulb.
My tent is 3x3x5.
The light in the tent is a 100w twin bulb COB LED.
Temperature is usually between 20-25°c
RH is usually between 50-70%

I'm trying to keep the clones in slow motion for now, since they can't go into the tent until the current occupants are gone.

Anyway,
hopefully I haven't left out too much information. Don't hesitate to ask if you want to know something I might have missed.
My money is on the Short Stacks. They're going to be the clones to watch, just wait and see lol I'm hopping on board for this second experiment of yours Doc Brown. I'll be your female Marty McFly if you need me to test out anything!:popcorn::theband:

My money is on the Short Stacks. They're going to be the clones to watch, just wait and see lol I'm hopping on board for this second experiment of yours Doc Brown. I'll be your female Marty McFly if you need me to test out anything!:popcorn::theband:
You got it McFly, hopefully we end up going back to the stone age. :rofl:
Yeah, my favorite are the short Stack too, though I have a feeling the soil clone could be one to watch as well. Her mother smells nice when she gets thirsty. That's the problem with bagseed, you don't really know what you have until it's in the pipe. Makes for a nice surprise when you get a winner.

You got it McFly, hopefully we end up going back to the stone age. :rofl:
Yeah, my favorite are the short Stack too, though I have a feeling the soil clone could be one to watch as well. Her mother smells nice when she gets thirsty. That's the problem with bagseed, you don't really know what you have until it's in the pipe. Makes for a nice surprise when you get a winner.
Surprises are my favorite (just picture Will Ferell...Addendum to the actual script)

Surprises are my favorite (just picture Will Ferell...Addendum to the actual script)
That's my kind of movie right there :cheesygrinsmiley:
Will brings a certain level of elegance to the situation :rofl:

That's my kind of movie right there :cheesygrinsmiley:
Will brings a certain level of elegance to the situation :rofl:
Stepbrothers is an all time with him for me, too

The clones in soil look healthy compared to the ones in coco. I'm not sure what's going on with them, the edges of the leaves look a little crispy, and one of the Short Stacks is pretty sad.
The first 3 are Short Stack, next 3 are 6c.

20211001_184428.jpg

20211001_184418.jpg

20211001_184411.jpg

20211001_184406.jpg

20211001_184402.jpg

20211001_184356.jpg

Short Stack and 6c clones were fed today with coco a&b 1.5 ml per ltr
EC 0.7
pH 6
Been struggling with the new pH up I've got, it's a bit stronger than before. I aim for 5.8 but I can let it drift a bit between 5.5 and 6.0
It takes around 0.5 ltrs to get runoff from all 6 pots.
They still look a bit crispy round the edge of the leaves, hoping they come right. I'll give them some calmag next time. Trying to stay at EC 0.6
Didn’t get any pics of the others, but they're ok. Soil is easier than coco. I'm going to get more soil for the three, that's AC, Short Stack Soil, and Spider Girl, but I'm not quite sure what size pots to put them into when I repot later on considering I've got 6 in coco to go in with them, and my light will struggle flowering 9 plants.
Once again I've created a problem for myself, but a good problem to have I think.
I'm hoping to get them to grow to around 12-15 inches tall before going to 12/12.
I'm also hoping I've got the timing right, because the plants in the tent right now have only just started flowering and the clones can't move in till they're finished. Not enough room or light.
Anyway, I'll post more pics tomorrow. :thumb:

20211002_150745.jpg

I fed the plants in coco with
EC 0.7
pH 5.8
1 ml calmag and 1.5 ml Coco a&b per litre of water.
The clones in soil are doing well.
The four from the outside plant are sitting in a mild nutrient solution. They look healthy and are drinking the nutrient mix, it dropped an inch since I put them in there. No roots yet.

20211004_120823.jpg

20211004_120836.jpg

20211004_120856.jpg

20211004_120859.jpg

20211004_121216.jpg

20211004_120929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom