Just a new registered user

Papa T

Hey everyone:)
I am Papa T, I am a retired firefighter / medic. after retirement I registered here in my state to be able to take care of my wife and a few disabled friends. OK and maybe a lil bit for myself, lol. I started growing last June:cheer: Man O man the books and dvd's make it look so easy, let me tell ya, NOT TRUE. lol
I have learned the hard way We only learn from our mistakes, Man o man it has cost out the back side, enough to run u broke. but the biggest reward is when My wife, who has MS and RA along with neuropathy, ok so My biggest down fall is my spelling, tried a batch of bubblegum.
My wife's response whose lower leg pains is so bad she hasn't felt her feet in the last 6 years, was so over whelmed with her statement ,that's for me!
the mild old bubblegum taste from the 60's along with the almost lack of harshness made this strain just the right one for my wife.

in the future I will follow up with more posts on my experiences with
1). growing other strains
2). growing experiences
3). learning experiences. both good and bad
4). Results and possible treatment or uses for some of the strains.

I am sure there are a lot of growers and users that have so much more experience than myself, as I have been out of the 420 movement since the early 80's due to my career options,but now I am retired and back in the game.

as an afterthought. and as a state trained fire instructor/retired
we only retain:
1). 10 % of what we are told
2). 20% of what we are shown, ie Read through research off of the web or books and dvd series
3). and 70 % of what we do.

I am sure there area lot of much more experienced Growers and user's that can lend comments to my posting in the future, and I look forward the these, as I am and always will be in the learning mode. So lets all just learn together .:thanks:

Welcome Papa. You definitely got it down. I can't wait to see or hear more from you. The things you listed would help me out a great deal. Along with the newbs or other novice growers. Hey you may even know something that an experienced grower may not know. It's all about sharing the information and helping out others, well at least for me it is.

I definitely feel for your wife. I have neuropathy and a few other things going on that mj really helps me with. And honestly I would rather smoke than pop a pill that has 50 million side effects. Truly hope to hear more from you and Happy Growing.

as an afterthought. and as a state trained fire instructor/retired
we only retain:
1). 10 % of what we are told
2). 20% of what we are shown, ie Read through research off of the web or books and dvd series
3). and 70 % of what we do.

I am sure there area lot of much more experienced Growers and user's that can lend comments to my posting in the future, and I look forward the these, as I am and always will be in the learning mode. So lets all just learn together .:thanks:

There's a lot of wisdom there! :thumb: I'll often say every grow is a success, as long as you learn from it!

It's nice to have one of our communities' everyday heroes here...:thanks: brother, and :welcome: to 420 Magazine!
I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

Back
Top Bottom