Just An Intro

SeniorMoments

I finally registered and am looking forward to being a part of this community .
Thanks in advance for all the available info and help .
After 50 plus years of enjoying the herb life , we have embarked on a grow journey for personal medicinal purposes .
My old arthritic joints ( no pun intended ) need some serious relief .
What strains would you recommend for this specific purpose?
Please . CBD does NOT do it for me . I have tried many variations .

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your pain. My dad has bad arthritis and I am growing Pink Kush CBD to make him oil. Not sure what would work best for you but I'm sure someone will chime in with good info!

@SweetSue certainly appears to be the info queen . Thanks.

Info queen.... :rofl:

I like to think I’m a study buddy of weed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:welcome: to the :420: community SeniorMoments. My first question, are you making use of topicals? That’s where THCA can be particularly useful for arthritic joint pain.

The CBD will benefit you most internally, through the gut, so something with a 2:1 CBD:THC would be more helpful as an edible than you believe.

We just started to play around with dosing decarbed and finely-powdered buds. A simple oral ingestion of the Dust can be incredibly potent. With a hig-THC I’m personally getting over 6 hours of delight from 0.2 grams of powdered bud.

I’m thinking something like this might come in handy for getting CBD in too.

We like to experiment a lot :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m suggesting that decarbed and finely-powdered bud would be a good way to get CBD into you.

All disease is rooted in inflammation, so CBD is a win/win in my mind. If you have access to buds why not give it a try? :battingeyelashes:

CBD topicals that are effective may be so because of the terpene profiles, not so much the cannabinoid. CBD isn’t very effective for relieving local pain with a topical, in my limited experience, where a high-THC one has brought so much relief to so many friends I’ll forever recommend them.

A simple infused oil will do the trick. That’s an easy piece of canna kitchen alchemy.

This slow one understands now .
Thank you for the recs .
i will experiment in the very near future .

Awww... I wouldn’t call it slow, just a senior moment. :laughtwo:

:kisstwo:

I’m suggesting that decarbed and finely-powdered bud would be a good way to get CBD into you.

All disease is rooted in inflammation, so CBD is a win/win in my mind. If you have access to buds why not give it a try? :battingeyelashes:

CBD topicals that are effective may be so because of the terpene profiles, not so much the cannabinoid. CBD isn’t very effective for relieving local pain with a topical, in my limited experience, where a high-THC one has brought so much relief to so many friends I’ll forever recommend them.

A simple infused oil will do the trick. That’s an easy piece of canna kitchen alchemy.

I have a silly question but is the high thc oil effective as a topical or only ingested? Thank you, have a wonderful day!

hi senior

i make a thc based topical, and a cbd based topical for my parents. both are used to combat arthritis. the thc topical is for immediate pain relief, the cbd reduces the inflammation for longer term control. both are used through out the day depending on need. in our experience, one type is good, both work better together.

i make the base oils using a simple method with an instant pot - find out about it here - once the oils are made it is easy to manipulate them in to different forms useful for medicating. sweet sue curates that thread and many others.

i am also starting to make glycerin based tinctures for sub-lingual application. it is a good approach for immediate whole body relief, with both thc and cbd based tinctures, targeting different things. they take a long time to infuse though. months.

Welcome to the community. Everybody responds differently to each strain. Experimenting is the fun part!

enjoy your new hobby and I hope you get the relief you deserve

:green_heart: Silver

@Bluto really appreciate the info! it makes a lot of sense after some of the results my dad has explained. I first made him the coconut oil. He ingested it but didn't care to go to space so he used it as a topical so I started getting him cbd. Now I am growing cbd for a topical for him. I think I will make both a thc and cbd topical based on what I am reading here.

Any tips on strains on the thc side for pain? I have a northern lights and white widow going. I'm thinking the NL would be good? I also have blackberry kush seeds coming with my cbd seeds :) Thanks again. My dad will benefit from this tremendously I am sure

@Bluto really appreciate the info! it makes a lot of sense after some of the results my dad has explained. I first made him the coconut oil. He ingested it but didn't care to go to space so he used it as a topical so I started getting him cbd. Now I am growing cbd for a topical for him. I think I will make both a thc and cbd topical based on what I am reading here.

Any tips on strains on the thc side for pain? I have a northern lights and white widow going. I'm thinking the NL would be good? I also have blackberry kush seeds coming with my cbd seeds :) Thanks again. My dad will benefit from this tremendously I am sure

northern lights is great. i am currently growing a northern lights cbd version. something like 8% : 9% cbd : thc. shooting for a cbd with enough thc to be effective as a dual approach. will see. my last cbd based plant was close to those numbers.

otherwise i grow a high cbd strain and counter it with a decent thc strain.

There’s no need to get high to use cannabis as medicine. It’s a matter of balancing the major cannabinoids and finding the sweet spot for dosing.

If your father is treating chronic pain the clinical data coming out shows that most chronic pain patients respond positively to a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD. If I fall to one side or the other I try to make it higher in CBD.

It’s THC that modulates the pain response, and CBD works behind the scenes to quell inflammatory response and clear the clutter tension creates. If I have to choose between available topicals I go with high THC almost every time.

We’re still learning how to most effectively use CBD. It shows tremendous potential for many things. It’s just a matter of experience and focus and we’ll pin it down.

Back
Top Bottom