Just can't get started.

spannermonkey

Hi everyone,
I've never grown before, but thought I would give it a go. I have some weed seeds, which I have gathered over the past few months. I thought that I would give growing them a go before I buy some good seeds, I had a tortoise not so long ago, and so I have a light and heat sources.

My problem is that I've tried planting straight into soil, and putting them in paper towels, but nothing seems to work. Can a seed not work due to its age, what can I do to increase my chances of them sprouting? Are there any other methods that I might not know about?

Thanks for any help, it will be much appreciated

There are tons of reasons seeds won't start. This could be old seeds, but sometimes even fresh seeds just don't all work. The paper towel method works fine for me.

take a file or sandpaper and scuff the end of the seed a little then put in moist paper towel and place it in a ziplock bag of some kind place in a cool dark place and be sure and open the bag ever few hours maybe more .. I just plant in dirt and keep the dirt moist daily and works fine for me

Back
Top Bottom