Just found Small Spider mite colony

Darkshade1980

wierd JUST when a problem arises and then i fix it..i noticed on the only one budding/flowering the Fruit auto that i had three *tiny* red spider mites...ive NEVER encountered them before in an indoor setting BUt always outdoors.... been doing outdoors for 9 years but the past 3 i hadnt done anything and forgot how prevalent they are ( mites) anyhow i have no money till this wednesday...and i went accross the street to mylocal Organics/hydro store which just opened up last year... heres the strange timing... ten minutes before me .... a guy walked in handing the employeee over a box of FREE samples ofhis new line of spider mite and insect Organic/natural pesticide sprays!!! maazing i told the guy in the store " i have no money now...and youve known me comming here for 4 months now... please can you spot me something to kill these things" and he said " your in luck... a guy just walked in with samples of his new line" ...and so the dude gave me 3 FREE spray bottles of his new stuff... funny story.. and coincidence. so anyhow i HATE the fact that i gotta spray tri-chromes with any type of bug killer/spray/pesticide...so i got it over with but right after cutting a small bud off to see what the actualy tate and smell would be like.. *grin* anyhow .... i guess i lucked outi found the problem or source plant of the mites .... eradicated them (if his new stuff/spray works) and then put it in some slight darkness with some light..not totally under the grow light (as per say every pesticide must go through* so im gonna wait till dark as well, plus i saw a few little black mites running around a few other plants so i sprayed those... im really bummed ive never exp. them b4 in an indoor setting i guess they got in somehow or from my backyard...perhaps contaminated soil but i never brought in any soil from outside cept for getting sand in the back yard for the Peyote Cacti i ordered from the U.K. overseas.....im guessing that could be the source the sand from my backyard....... sorry for the rant just had to type this shit out n get it offa my chest. any comments or suggestions lemme know dude. thanx for reading n being around. any ideas on what type of oils natural thigns to use next week when i have money to buy them?.... i dont have an infestation but a small quantity on only one Autoflowering plant.... the rest are in their 2nd day of flowering only..and ive seen only one or two little dots per plant... only ... yes it is an infestation no matter what but (just starting) not fully grown or into it deep. anyhow..... ive used *before/previously* on outdoor settings .. NEEM oil and Einstien oil and they work well.... i always thought Diotomatious earth or i forget the name of the stuff thats tiny crushed sea shells powder that cuts into bugs exoskeletons killing them by drying them up?...... this is a castastrophe in the making if i dont get this all taken care of/sterilized to some degree......

Re: Just found Small SPider mite colony.

There is no such thing as a small spider mite colony.....good luck, may the force be w/ you

Funny!, that story you just read about me going to the organi hydro store, the stuff the guy was giving to the owner for freebies or samples...was SNS 217!!!! spider mite killer... rosemary oil. and also SNS227 i believe is the name for Fungus control and another SNS for killing soil pests like flies/gnats/ Thripes...!!...awesome! thanx im glad it works then! got it all for free too i had to go back and get another sample bottle cuz i used all of the first tiny bottle and he gladly gave me another!... i guess its not so common on the east coast out here.

i think im gonna have a battle with 28 plants all flowering at the same time.
err i KNOW im gonna have a battle if i dont take care of them NOW. which is what im doing.

Invest in some natural predators, there are a couple available for spider mites. I prefer to use bugs to fight bugs once in flower. They are very effective. Just pick the variety based on your temp and humidity level. The hydro store should have a catalog and will order for you, pick up there in a few days.

ive bought a box/jar of ladybugs once 2000-2500 of em in one jar for 5 bucks!...was defintly worth it one year for an outdoor type thing

anyhow its tough to find them... any suggestions for finding live insects that eat mites lemme know ill def set em loose in the room!..... thanx for the reminder i guess ill go to that farmers grrenhouse plant store tomorrow see if they have them in or not.

anyhow its tough to find them... any suggestions for finding live insects that eat mites lemme know ill def set em loose in the room!..... thanx for the reminder i guess ill go to that farmers grrenhouse plant store tomorrow see if they have them in or not.[/QUOTE]

This is what I can get locally......like I said pick your conditions. I've used longpipes before:morenutes::yummy:

PREDATOR MITES TEMP HUMIDITY
PHYTOSEIULUS PERSIMILIS 55-105 60-90%
NEOSEIULUS CALIFORNICUS 55-90 60-90%
MESOSEIULUS LONGIPES 55-105 45-90%
TRIPLE THREAT (Mix of all three)

Growers throughout the world have proven the usefulness of the predator mite, Phytoseiulus Persimilis, in the control of spider mites. The adult predatory mite, which is reddish-orange, consumes from 5 to 20 of the spider mite adults or eggs daily, and is harmless to people and plants. The female lays over 50 eggs that reach maturity in half the time it takes spider mites to develop. When the food source is gone, the predator will die off.

Optimum temperature range for P. Persimilis is 60 to 90º Fahrenheit. At the first sign of spider mites order the predatory mites at a rate of at least 2 per square foot on plants under 3 feet. Add additional mites for every 3 feet of height. Reintroduce every 2 weeks until control has been attained. Large infestations of spider mites may be reduced by spraying with Safer's Insecticidal Soap prior to the release of persimilis. Instructions are included with shipment.

We also offer specialty predator mites. Phytoseiulus Longipes are similar in appearance to persimilis, but are native to Africa. P. Longipes are a good predator in temperatures up to 100º F. Studies show this predator is more tolerant to lower humidity than others listed. It will tolerate 40% relative humidity at 70º F, but requires more moisture as temperatures increase. Amblyseius Californicus consume spider mites at a slower rate than either of the Phytoseiulus species, but will survive longer under starvation conditions when pests are reduced. They will usually be present if pests reinfest plants. They need a minimum of 60% relative humidity and can tolerate temperatures up to 90º F.

PHYTOSEIULUS PERSIMILIS 55-105 60-90%
NEOSEIULUS CALIFORNICUS 55-90 60-90%

thatd be nice. ill letcha know whats up. thanx ! so these predetory mites dont eat the plant like the ones i have do?... they only eat the evil ones?... : ) i was looking for two days or yesterday and now to find ladybugs online to order so thanx! i need that kinda help. i like the top two.. but all three seem overkill but i guess thats whatcha need huh? ill make my decision now the top two. i just dont want them to gang up themselves and start eating the plants as well.

Back
Top Bottom