Just got a 500watt Tungsten / Halogen set-up

GoodGrnMeds

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with "Tungsten" lights... A construction friend of mine just hooked me up with a couple 500watt Tungsten / Halogen light set ups. Can I use these or is it a waste of time?

I ordered a 400watt MH / HPS light kit... I was curious to know if I could use these lights in conjunction with MH / HPS light kits. Any info is apreciated. :allgood:

Those tungsten/halogen are useless for growing MJ and a fire risk (they produce more heat than light) w/ very low bulb life.

Your 400watt HPS should work well for a 2x2 or 3x3 space if good ventilation will allow you to keep the light close. Also look for the new 'full spectrum' HPS bulbs but make sure your setups ballast will accept it. Straight HPS is best for flowering, a full spectrum bulb would be used to help the vegatative growth and therefore would provide more blue spectrum than the standard HPS does.

That wouldn't work very good. The halogen lights get to hot, and its probably not the right spectrum. I have a 400w hps now and thats what you need.

Thanks everyone... Thought I was on to something. You guys probally just saved my house from burning down! Right on for that!

Back
Top Bottom