Just got my Deep Water Culture Plan on Using a HTG 150 Watts HPS - Need Help

junmr2

finally got the pictures up .. here is my grow room set up .. any suggestion?..

4394.jpg

3507.jpg

2593.jpg

1886.jpg

Re: just got my bubble ponic plan on using a HTG 150 watts hps need help though

Hello Junmr2, welcome.
Looks to be a nice space to grow, you have a nice little "cut" there to do your thing. It looks like you have your supplies store behind the tub, I would make the supplies more accessible... guessing you just have it there for now, stupid observation, but.....

And you have seen Roseman's Deep Water Culture tutorial right? Silly to think that you haven't... but ya' never know, check it out front to back.... 2 or 3 times if you have never grown with bubbles. I think it you'll be fine and can't wait to see you get things moving along.

Any particular strain you are growin'?
:popcorn::goodluck:

haha yea the supplies is just there for now ..yes i did check out roseman tutorial read it like like 5 times now still gonna re read it .. by the way i was gonna get this HPS 150 Grow Light System With Bulb sun

and a couple of cfl like 2or 4 for side lighting 65k ..think thats enough and i was thinking of getting white widow and purple haze .. any suggestion on strains that gets good yield and also has high thc? ... by the way thanks bro .. feel very weclome here :rocker:

youll like adding the 150hps to the cfl's is makes a big difference. i didnt think it would going from a lot of cfls to a 150hps, my buddie has a metal storage cab he grows in and just recently put one of thoes 150's in there. it put all the cfls to shame.. other then that you got a nice little spot there. good luck just take it slow, watch your ph, make sure no light gets in the rez, and dont go crazy with the nutes off the bat and youll do just fine.

yea i know those are basically NOOBS problem but ima take it nice and slow thanks man trying to grow white widow and purple haze , quick question do they pull out alot of heat or you think i'll be good with a couple fans in there for the hps? ..

yea i know those are basically NOOBS problem but ima take it nice and slow thanks man trying to grow white widow and purple haze , quick question do they pull out alot of heat or you think i'll be good with a couple fans in there for the hps? ..

a couple of fans will do, they do put off a little heat but its nothing major. you could probably get away with a 400watt hps easy in there. i have a 400 in a 20x30x60 inch space with an air cooled hood. just sumthing to look into eventually.

oh no lol im from ny so tryin to stay Stealth .. which is why i pick the 150 watt hps .. i know the 400 one pulls off like 6 or 7 oz ..how much would the 150 hps pull off ?

idk i couldnt tell you i havent used one, ill let you know in a few weeks when my friends done.

ok cool by the way which strain do you recommend? .. was gonna grow white widow and purple haze

ok cool by the way which strain do you recommend? .. was gonna grow white widow and purple haze

I am far from an expert on strains, hell I don't know anything really on the subject. But I did go back and forth on Attitude's site comparing flower times, height, etc.....there are so many nice ones Junmr2 it can be difficult.... like being in your favorite store with a nice bit of cash! What should be an "in and out" situation turns into a long ordeal! ha

I tried to go over the qualities of strains on there with the more popular breeders and I picked Nirvana, World of Seeds, Greenhouse and Female Seeds (Greenhouse was doing freebies so this worked out great). I have heard only like 2 people recently not have good luck with Nirvana seeds but that could be cause of many other variables.... I dunno'.

These are high in THC, some 16-24% with right grower I suppose:
*Northern Lights: Indica, High THC, 8-9 weeks flower
*Strawberry Blue: Indica/Sativa, 20% THC, 9 weeks flower
*Barney's L..S..D: Indica Mazar X skunk#1, 24% THC
*White Widow, which you have: 20-24% THC 8-10 weeks flower

There are so many good strains. Makes it so hard, or expensive, when trying to pick and order! lol

Go with White Widow and throw in a Northern Lights. Just my opinion. :) This is where learning to clone will start to pay off as well once you have these juicey strains.:yummy:

ahh thanks man ima consider the northern lights :) .. ahh almost got everything only thing i need now is the nutrients and fans and the light but gonna order it online .. so excited Ima post up here when i have everything.. by the way can i clone in the same Deep Water Culture system?

ahh thanks man ima consider the northern lights :) .. ahh almost got everything only thing i need now is the nutrients and fans and the light but gonna order it online .. so excited Ima post up here when i have everything.. by the way can i clone in the same Deep Water Culture system?

I do not remember if Roseman said this works well for clones BUT there is the Mistic Fogger Cloner that is a "sticky", it seems to work really well. Doesn't have to be a big container either.

haha yea the supplies is just there for now ..yes i did check out roseman tutorial read it like like 5 times now still gonna re read it .. by the way i was gonna get this

NEW HPS 150 Grow Light System With Bulb sun BEST PRICE - eBay (item 120527134541 end time Mar-07-10 07:phew:28 PST)

and a couple of cfl like 2or 4 for side lighting 65k ..think thats enough and i was thinking of getting white widow and purple haze .. any suggestion on strains that gets good yield and also has high thc? ... by the way thanks bro .. feel very weclome here :rocker:

Hey man, you setup looks good. A few pointers if you don't mind. Is that room enclosed? if so, are you planning for any type of ventilation? (intake/exhaust) If you end up with the HPS it will produce some heat, and you're gonna want it out of your grow space. Have you bought a thermostat yet? I would suggest getting one that also reads humidity as it can be important as well.

I do not remember if Roseman said this works well for clones BUT there is the Mistic Fogger Cloner that is a "sticky", it seems to work really well. Doesn't have to be a big container either.

You can clone using several different methods with great success, I would suggest taking a look at Making the Mistic Cloner a thread that jonny posted. Very simple to build and extremely effective. Like Jawasan said, the container can be any size so go to wal mart and find one that fits your space and needs. Another thing you may want to give some thought to is, if you only have this one place to grow, then you'll need to divide it if you plan to clone and keep a mother, because of the conflicting light schedules of flowering and veggin. hope this helps!! You're well on your way and also ahead of the game by having all these Deep Water Culture around! :goodjob:

Hey man, you setup looks good. A few pointers if you don't mind. Is that room enclosed? if so, are you planning for any type of ventilation? (intake/exhaust) If you end up with the HPS it will produce some heat, and you're gonna want it out of your grow space. Have you bought a thermostat yet? I would suggest getting one that also reads humidity as it can be important as well.

You can clone using several different methods with great success, I would suggest taking a look at Making the Mistic Cloner a thread that jonny posted. Very simple to build and extremely effective. Like Jawasan said, the container can be any size so go to wal mart and find one that fits your space and needs. Another thing you may want to give some thought to is, if you only have this one place to grow, then you'll need to divide it if you plan to clone and keep a mother, because of the conflicting light schedules of flowering and veggin. hope this helps!! You're well on your way and also ahead of the game by having all these Deep Water Culture around! :goodjob:

the room is enclosed .. hmm the 150 hps comes with a outtake for the duct fan so if anything ..ill just make a whole above the door and let the heat come out into the room instead of being in there .. think that would be good ? .. and i know i will get those temp meters at walmart which i heard are real cheap in there .. dont they make meters that can tell the same humidity and temp?

You're gonna have to gauge it as you go, but it's always good to have some type of ventilation. That's also why you should get something like this.

TnRH-meter.jpg

I bought one like this at lowes for 15 $ and the great thing about it is it holds the min and max temps from throughout the day so you can know what's goin on in there, even while you're out. Take a read at this thread Temps and Humidity in Deep Water Culture lotsa good infor.

You're gonna have to gauge it as you go, but it's always good to have some type of ventilation. That's also why you should get something like this.

TnRH-meter.jpg

I bought one like this at lowes for 15 $ and the great thing about it is it holds the min and max temps from throughout the day so you can know what's goin on in there, even while you're out. Take a read at this thread Temps and Humidity in Deep Water Culture lotsa good infor.

thanks man i was also thinking about the temp it was suppose to be but you clear it up .. thanks how long do most plants take to harvest? ..:thanks:

thanks man i was also thinking about the temp it was suppose to be but you clear it up .. thanks how long do most plants take to harvest? ..:thanks:

Lotta variables in that question my friend. Most indicas can finish flowering in 8-9 weeks, add a good 4-5 week veg time to that, and you're looking at 12-14 weeks if everything goes well. Sativas can take much longer, stick with indicas at first, Roseman Grew the Norther Lights in his tutorial so you could have a perfect side by side guide comparison! I'm currently flowering a G13 White Widow, and I can tell you, she's bulletproof! :surf:

TnRH-meter.jpg

thanks man appreciate it .. got a question though if i was to wanna just gro 3-4 plants .. what do i do with the other 2 remaining holes?

thanks sorry im taking long to update but just got a deal on sun system 150w hps for 50 bucks so waiting on her call ..but once i got everything gonna update with new pictures and everything promise

Back
Top Bottom