Just looking for some advice

when you guys say supplements you're referring to the cal-mag and sweet correct?
Yes

Further explanation. Example only...

Let's say you feed 50% strength plus Cal-Mag. Now Cal-Mag has Nitrogen plus Calcium and Magnesium. So you pick up more of those 3 elements. Let's say the strength of the N, Ca and Mg, are the same now as if you fed 75% of just the base nute, since you had a complete 1 part fertilizer to begin with.. So you have the N, Ca and Mg, but what about the other micros? You missed out on a 25% increase in all the other micros by feeding supplements rather than just upping the base fertilizer to 75%.

but still use the one I mixed right? i would hate to waste all of that but I don't want to over-feed the plant
Beautiful plants my friend, I just took care of my Mother she passed on Jan 30th. She did not use cannabis but had no problem with anyone who did. Take care my friend

i mixed as the chart said.. and then used both of the "supplements" you guys are referring to(Cal-Mag + Sweet) :)

Try just the base first. Why? You're already increasing the N a lot by upping the dose. Cal-Mag has more N in it. You need to see how they react to the full dose of base nutes. That in itself may be hotter than the plant wants (nute companies tend to have you overuse products to begin with so they can sell more). That plus even more N in the Cal-Mag could burn.

Plants take priority over nutes! You may never use them. Save them for your outside garden if you have one. :)

I threw out four 8oz sample bottles of Botanicare products when I cleaned the grow room last week. I've come to the realization that there's some things I'm never gonna use. Still have the two Remo Supercharged Kits, unopened. Should eBay them. That and some Terpinator.

Three, and so should I!

Just when I think of doing a comparison grow, I consider dealing with 7 bottles, and the thought quickly disappears. Nope, 7 bottles isn't me.

Thanks Everyone for your input today!

Took some pics messing around with a bit better camera today.(I do not claim to be a photographer :p)

***Day 15 of flower

IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7247.JPG

IMG_7242.JPG

IMG_7230.JPG

IMG_7214.JPG

IMG_7212.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

Geese talk about late to the party! As usual @InTheShed and @farside05 and a few others have it handled. I think those guys sense a post before any notifications even post on their computer or phone :).

I had some issues on my last grow where my older bale of Promix BX had lost some of it's buffering capability. Current run with a fresh bale is on point so far, but thanks to InTheShed's guidance, I keep a container of Grow More Orchid 20-10-20 on hand just incase!

Anyways, looking solid. I agree I don't PH with a buffered soiless medium and they look hungry. I personally am enjoying the simplicity of Mega Crop, though I'm currently doing a side by side of MC (left) and GeoFlora (right) on two clones I took (day 26 since flipping). I'm trying to decide which will allow me to be the laziest? All joking aside, so far I feel like I have more control with MC. Only supplement I'm currently using mainly on the GeoFlora is TPS organic CalMag (no Nitrogen) as doesn't affect my NPK ratio.
02-26-21.jpg

I'm currently doing a side by side of MC (left) and GeoFlora (right) on two clones I took (day 26 since flipping). I'm trying to decide which will allow me to be the laziest?
That's the best way to test it! I'm going to try it on two different varieties this year because I don't have spots for clones, at least to see if it works as advertised.
Only supplement I'm currently using mainly on the GeoFlora is TPS organic CalMag
Did you find a need for cal-mag on the GF grow, or did you add it as a precaution?

That's the best way to test it! I'm going to try it on two different varieties this year because I don't have spots for clones, at least to see if it works as advertised.

Did you find a need for cal-mag on the GF grow, or did you add it as a precaution?
I needed to add after it started showing pretty severe symptoms of deficiencies and I quickly worked my way up to the higher end of the CalMag dose for the GF pot, meanwhile the MC pot was fine. I’ve grown this genetic a few times (thus the clones!) but will say it tends to be a heavier consumer of calcium and magnesium.
This is my first try with GF, however it’s mostly a set it and forget it approach with a 14 day top dressing regiment. I’m most curious to see yield and quality difference at harvest! I will be certain to keep the two plants separate for a fair comparison. The only thing I did do, was cheat and gave the GF a 10 gallon fabric vs, 5 gallon fabric for MC, but I have a feeling MC is still going to get the “W”. Will be sure to let you know how I make out!

Damn, we were so close to an experiment!

If it doesn't we won't know if pot size is to blame though. But if it does that would be a clear victory for the MC!
Exactly, I was sort of just playing around with pot size and then decided last minute to use GF thus adding two variables, like an idiot! I still have the mother and two new clones going so I will probably do a second run in 5 gallons to do an apples to apples comparison.

Back
Top Bottom