Just made the flip!

gazmufc

Hey folks, i just flipped the lights on my closet grow today.. 8 weeks old From sprouting. Just need some opinions on few things. Firstly should i trim more leaves off? Im doing small lst, and wondering have i left to many of smaller top shoots, should i cut few more out to increase air flow? The 2nd plant u can see i had to bend over the tops, its creating shadow for 2 top branches underneath, im curious should i take those out? I flushed with just water today, should i just do tht once or flush with water for a week? Its only my 3rd grow, defo learning more from you folks.. This time i think ive topped correctly.. Creating over 30 tops on the 2nd plant.. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• DSC_0327.JPG
    DSC_0327.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0326.JPG
    DSC_0326.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0322.JPG
    DSC_0322.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0331.JPG
    DSC_0331.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0330.JPG
    DSC_0330.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0338.JPG
    DSC_0338.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0333.JPG
    DSC_0333.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 83
Here is what im gonna be feeding for flower.. Is there anything else i could be adding? All input welcome

Attachments

• DSC_0340.JPG
    DSC_0340.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 76
What’s your set up look like (grow space dimensions, lights, grow medium)?
Hey thanks for dropping in.. Ita very much a budget grow im afraid.. Spent most of what i had spare on lighting and carbon filter and nutes seeds.. The closet area is approx 3ft x 3ft x 6ft.. So not much room, i should of just done 1 plant instead of 3lol.. Saving for heater, inline fans, temperature humidity meter.. I know the more info u know the better, it just takes cash.. My lighting is 300w led, growing in soil which i added 25% perlite, seaweed dust, volcanic rock dust.. I also added bonemeal in pellet form, which breaks down over time .. Been feeding canna a, bio grow, bio root juice, bio fish mix, and cal/mag whenever they pots get light, which has been about every 3 days.. I had pH crash in 3rd week of veg, all i had available to raise it was lime!!! I added very.very small amounts, and the plants improved massively.. PH now is at 6.9..i know thats a little high, so I've ordered ph down, should be with me during the week. I badly need more equipment i know that, hopefully next grow i will have all i need.. They seem to be doing ok, pre flowers have been here now almost 2weeks.. Any thoughts? Is there more bloom nutes u wud recommend? Should i trim more? Im not to fussy, i know i cant expect grade a smoke, as long as itS smokeable im happy.. My last two grows were nothing special, and the smoke was pretty nice, buds a little airy, but hey, i got high of it, and slept like a baby on it, so that's what im after.. Thanks in advance for any.advice ..

A shot of the Closet.. Nothing special

Attachments

• DSC_0341.JPG
    DSC_0341.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 97
I’m just finishing my 3rd grow, so my advice is based on that. I would struggle to come up with a mistake that I haven’t made. It’s fun, isn’t it? Your plants look good. What kind are they?

I assume you are venting out from the top through your filter and in from the bottom through the door and/or wall? I also assume you have checked for light leaks and/or anything in your closet that emits light (leds, etc). Is your light on a timer? If you haven’t done it for this grow, you should do it again.

Your limiting factor is your light. What kind is it? Do you know how much wattage it draws from the wall? Do you know what its flowering footprint is (the area covered at an acceptable PAR value when your light is 18 inches from your canopy).
What is that PAR value? If you don’t know any of that, the manufacturer should tell you what it says it’s flowering footprint is. You don’t need to get another one. You can grow some epic pot with that. It will be a smaller batch. So long as you accept that, then its all good.

I don’t understand your soil, so I can’t really comment on what to add for flowering. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea. I don’t understand your comments about PH. How are you determining your PH? Are you testing run off? I’ve only ever tested what I use to water after I’ve added nutes. What are you using to test?

I just dealt with powdery mildew, so I’m totally into selective defoliation. I would defoliate to where you are comfortable. Remove anything blocking bud sites and stuff under the canopy. I’d forget about popcorn buds underneath. Get rid of that as it develops and focus all energy into the canopy. You are going to want to keep your plants as small as possible to stay in the footprint. Your real issue is going to be plants crossing over each other, so be prepared to be brutal (even if it means getting rid of a plant). The main thing and really the only thing is your canopy and developing the bud sites and to a lesser extent the COLAS. If you just flipped, do this stuff right now. You don’t want to shock your plants during flower. There are a couple times that I’ve read during flower that are good to defoliate in a big way. I think it was the middle and towards the end. The main thing in general is pushing fresh air under the leaves and venting. Moving the branches makes them stronger.

:passitleft:

Just a thought and by no means am I a fanboi for AV products, but I have found Bud Factor X seems to really aid in the development of large resinous buds. This observation after growing the same strain with and without the product.
This is surely less than scientific and it could all be rubbish lol
They have the small 250ml containers on Amazon for a fairly reasonable price.... by AV standards anyway

Tha ks
Just a thought and by no means am I a fanboi for AV products, but I have found Bud Factor X seems to really aid in the development of large resinous buds. This observation after growing the same strain with and without the product.
This is surely less than scientific and it could all be rubbish lol
They have the small 250ml containers on Amazon for a fairly reasonable price.... by AV standards anyway
Thanks buddy, im gonna get some of that. Thanks.

I’m just finishing my 3rd grow, so my advice is based on that. I would struggle to come up with a mistake that I haven’t made. It’s fun, isn’t it? Your plants look good. What kind are they?

I assume you are venting out from the top through your filter and in from the bottom through the door and/or wall? I also assume you have checked for light leaks and/or anything in your closet that emits light (leds, etc). Is your light on a timer? If you haven’t done it for this grow, you should do it again.

Your limiting factor is your light. What kind is it? Do you know how much wattage it draws from the wall? Do you know what its flowering footprint is (the area covered at an acceptable PAR value when your light is 18 inches from your canopy).
What is that PAR value? If you don’t know any of that, the manufacturer should tell you what it says it’s flowering footprint is. You don’t need to get another one. You can grow some epic pot with that. It will be a smaller batch. So long as you accept that, then its all good.

I don’t understand your soil, so I can’t really comment on what to add for flowering. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea. I don’t understand your comments about PH. How are you determining your PH? Are you testing run off? I’ve only ever tested what I use to water after I’ve added nutes. What are you using to test?

I just dealt with powdery mildew, so I’m totally into selective defoliation. I would defoliate to where you are comfortable. Remove anything blocking bud sites and stuff under the canopy. I’d forget about popcorn buds underneath. Get rid of that as it develops and focus all energy into the canopy. You are going to want to keep your plants as small as possible to stay in the footprint. Your real issue is going to be plants crossing over each other, so be prepared to be brutal (even if it means getting rid of a plant). The main thing and really the only thing is your canopy and developing the bud sites and to a lesser extent the COLAS. If you just flipped, do this stuff right now. You don’t want to shock your plants during flower. There are a couple times that I’ve read during flower that are good to defoliate in a big way. I think it was the middle and towards the end. The main thing in general is pushing fresh air under the leaves and venting. Moving the branches makes them stronger.

:passitleft:
Thanks for help.. Getting a little techy for me with the lighting.. I have to look up how to calculate PAR value.. Ive taken ur advice abd scraped the smallest plant, ur totally right it was very crowded for such small space.. I also done more trimming and its looking more airy now.. I use ph soil meter to tell me pH.. Should i be testing water run instead?

A bit more ball room now eh boys lol

Attachments

• DSC_0347.JPG
    DSC_0347.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0345.JPG
    DSC_0345.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0346.JPG
    DSC_0346.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0342.JPG
    DSC_0342.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 75
another option to check ph is a ph test kit with the drops you add to water in a test vile got one at my local grow shop for about 10 bucks it will give you a good idea what you ph of your water is after adding nutes

Ph is critical enough during good days but if you get a problem ph will save your ass and your plants definitely invest in a decent ph pen! And calibration fluid too my plants had bit of an issue and i started to second guess my ph tester. I keep calibration fluid on hand now! They look good btw best of luck!!

You might want to look around the web for some form of screen to spread out the branches? There are trellis nets you can get cheaply, or make your own like I did. I’ve got two levels with a pvc frame to try and spread them out and allow airflow.

I was rather half-assed on my last grow and didn’t pay much attention to the girls. I’d noticed some spots that looked like mold, but didn’t think we could get it in CO as it is so dry here. Well, I’d watered after work right before the lights turned off. With the lower temps and fresh water the humidity went waaaay up and I lost every wonderful nug to mold. I’d worry if your girls are too naturally bushy then mold might be more likely? I may also be a little paranoid now?

Yeah its the prong lol.. Oh well
Hey buddy, weren’t you the guy who started in a closet then bought a tent. Started with a viparspectra 300w then bought a 900?
Sry dude that wasn't me.. My first grow was in a tent, when i lived at home with, much more space.. Now i. Live in shoe box apartment lol.. Space is tight

Ph is critical enough during good days but if you get a problem ph will save your ass and your plants definitely invest in a decent ph pen! And calibration fluid too my plants had bit of an issue and i started to second guess my ph tester. I keep calibration fluid on hand now! They look good btw best of luck!!
Cheers for the input.. I am defo getting a ph pen now, and a heater, some more bloom nutes.. That will be all i can get until next payday lol

If you mean those prongs you stick into the soil, they are useless for PH. In my experience they won’t tell you anything with accuracy. It would be a mistake to make any decision based on its reading. You need a pen and ph up/down.
Yeah im gonna get PH pen and pH up/down on my next spend.. The plants are Mazar.. U ever smoked it? I haven't.. Tho there isn't a really strong smell of them.. Last time i grew cheese autos and they stunk.. Im guessing no really strong smell of the plants, will mean the smoke will be bad.. Hope not anyways. How long should i flush between veg and flower? I had only planned giving pure water once, let them dry, then start bloom feeds? But reading some folks flush for whole week before starting bloom feeds, wouldn't this strave them?? What u think?

Back
Top Bottom