Just made the flip!

You might want to look around the web for some form of screen to spread out the branches? There are trellis nets you can get cheaply, or make your own like I did. I’ve got two levels with a pvc frame to try and spread them out and allow airflow.

I was rather half-assed on my last grow and didn’t pay much attention to the girls. I’d noticed some spots that looked like mold, but didn’t think we could get it in CO as it is so dry here. Well, I’d watered after work right before the lights turned off. With the lower temps and fresh water the humidity went waaaay up and I lost every wonderful nug to mold. I’d worry if your girls are too naturally bushy then mold might be more likely? I may also be a little paranoid now?
I hear ya chap.. Its defo on the list.. Im using garden ties to try and part them, but a screen defo better.. I got bit mold on my last grow, luckily enough i stopped the spreading by cutting out infected area and making garlic water to treat the main stem(there was no cutting it out lol) the garlic water actually stopped it spreading up the main stem and even the branches.. Thanks for the comment. Have u ever smoked Mazar?? The planta dont smell like crazy like my last ones, hope this isnt a bad sign lol

Yeah im gonna get PH pen and pH up/down on my next spend.. The plants are Mazar.. U ever smoked it? I haven't.. Tho there isn't a really strong smell of them.. Last time i grew cheese autos and they stunk.. Im guessing no really strong smell of the plants, will mean the smoke will be bad.. Hope not anyways. How long should i flush between veg and flower? I had only planned giving pure water once, let them dry, then start bloom feeds? But reading some folks flush for whole week before starting bloom feeds, wouldn't this strave them?? What u think?

Hi. I've never even heard of flushing between flower and veg. I don't see any point. Just make sure you have no light leaks and flip the switch. Are your lights on a timer? If too much heat is going to be an issue make your dark period during the day. I live in the UK and it's not an issue for this time of year. It is in the summer.

I think you should be careful what you are feeding until you get a PH pen and some PH up/down. All in that should be around $20. I have a semlos pen that I bought on Amazon. It works just fine and comes pre-calibrated. Get the smallest amount of up and down. A little goes a very long way. I assume (and that is a HUGE assumption) that you should be PHing your water after nutes added at around 6.3. I would start by letting your pots completely dry and then feeding them plain water PH'd at 6.3. Water them slowly until you get run off. Make sure they are soaked. The reason is that there is probably a lot of nutes in your soil that haven't been taken up by your roots, because the PH is wrong. You'll see with this watering.

Smell really kicks in half way through flower and continues through drying. That's my experience. My current grow doesn't smell that strong to me, but my friends can smell it from a mile away. I think I'm just getting use to it.

Thanks for the advice guys..very much appreciate the feedback. gonna order PH pen and up/down of amazon today. cheers

Hi. I've never even heard of flushing between flower and veg. I don't see any point. Just make sure you have no light leaks and flip the switch. Are your lights on a timer? If too much heat is going to be an issue make your dark period during the day. I live in the UK and it's not an issue for this time of year. It is in the summer.

I think you should be careful what you are feeding until you get a PH pen and some PH up/down. All in that should be around $20. I have a semlos pen that I bought on Amazon. It works just fine and comes pre-calibrated. Get the smallest amount of up and down. A little goes a very long way. I assume (and that is a HUGE assumption) that you should be PHing your water after nutes added at around 6.3. I would start by letting your pots completely dry and then feeding them plain water PH'd at 6.3. Water them slowly until you get run off. Make sure they are soaked. The reason is that there is probably a lot of nutes in your soil that haven't been taken up by your roots, because the PH is wrong. You'll see with this watering.

Smell really kicks in half way through flower and continues through drying. That's my experience. My current grow doesn't smell that strong to me, but my friends can smell it from a mile away. I think I'm just getting use to it.

yeah I have them on timer..lights on at 8 off at 8.. im on amazon now and just wondering is it ok to use ph up/down for hydroponics on soil grow??

yeah I have them on timer..lights on at 8 off at 8.. im on amazon now and just wondering is it ok to use ph up/down for hydroponics on soil grow??

I would have thought so. I would go for whatever is cheaper. You use PH down almost exclusively. I’ve only used up when I’ve added too much down. A couple of drops in 10 litres really moves the needle.

I would have thought so. I would go for whatever is cheaper. You use PH down almost exclusively. I’ve only used up when I’ve added too much down. A couple of drops in 10 litres really moves the needle.
cheers pal..im ordering it tomorrow.. will keep yous posted :goodjob:

I used ph down for my water early on but noticed my nutes lowered my ph way down I actually use more ph up now to get to 5.8-5.9 seems to be my sweet spot going in a bit low allows for the upswing between waterings and gives the plant an opportunity to take up a range of nutes as ph naturally rises. I don’t understand the science exactly but from what ive read and seen is evidence it works. If what your doing works stick with it just sharing what works for me your plants will tell you what works for them!!:yummy:

I used ph down for my water early on but noticed my nutes lowered my ph way down I actually use more ph up now to get to 5.8-5.9 seems to be my sweet spot going in a bit low allows for the upswing between waterings and gives the plant an opportunity to take up a range of nutes as ph naturally rises. I don’t understand the science exactly but from what ive read and seen is evidence it works. If what your doing works stick with it just sharing what works for me your plants will tell you what works for them!!:yummy:

thanks chap for commenting, all input is very welcome. Im using the ph prong thingy that u stick into soil.. my plant were doing fine up until week 4 of veg then they started to look unwell.. pale green blobs, and yellowing of new growth, new growth also slowed down alot. I didn't have anything to tell me what ph was.. the prong i picked up at local garden center (i know its not meant to be reliable, it was just closet) and my first reading on it was about 5.9.. most folks said u want ph from 6.2-6.6.. then other folks say closer to 6..lol anyway I didn't have access to ph up/down (very much budget grow) I had some lime i hadn't used on my allotment, I knew it would raise it, was very careful not to add to much, a tiny sprinkle then watered it down.. I seen improvements in all 3 plants in a few days.. it was nice to see.. new growth wasn't slow or yellow, the pale greening also stopped, i took reading after 3 days and ph had gone up to 6.7, now the prong tells me its 6.9 so ur right about it naturally rising ..im not seeing any yellowing now though, or any other signs they are stressed. when I open doors all leafs are tilted upwards, soaking up the light so I think that's a sign that they are happy (maybe it isn't haha).. the closet is quite small, I had 3 plants but was getting to crowded so killed one, harvesting its leafs for drying and grinding and adding to my wheetabix, waste not want not eh :)

My tap PH is in the mid 7s. The flowering nutes usually drop it to lower 6s. I think the most effective for me is 6 or slightly under. The people who make the nutes differ a bit, but hey, what do they know?

I hear ya chap.. Its defo on the list.. Im using garden ties to try and part them, but a screen defo better.. I got bit mold on my last grow, luckily enough i stopped the spreading by cutting out infected area and making garlic water to treat the main stem(there was no cutting it out lol) the garlic water actually stopped it spreading up the main stem and even the branches.. Thanks for the comment. Have u ever smoked Mazar?? The planta dont smell like crazy like my last ones, hope this isnt a bad sign lol

I think I tried it a while ago, don’t remember much about it? I prob still have some left in deep storage. Otherwise I’ll try to keep an eye out for WPM if it starts spreading. For now I just see a random spot here and there. I think it may show up as a round discoloration prior to the spores erupting and looking fuzzy so have been removing anything that resembles it. I think today is a watering day so will give them an inspection and be sure to treat if needed.

ya ive been looking at Mazar strain reviews on net and asking..most folks are like yeah its not bad. no one has said its really good, so darn!! lol I like my indicas, this is what the guy in the shop recommended..should of just went with a strain that I know for sure would be great. live and learn eh..on the plus ive got girl scout cookies coming for my next grow :)
also my ph pen and ph up/down should be with me by wednesday, have a hydrometer ordered as well, so should have more info on the conditions..yayyyy, thats my spare cash gone this week.. next week im getting flowering nutes and small greenhouse heat lamp, its getting cold here in ireland at nte defo gonna need it.. correct temp is 26 degress right? what about nte time temps?

H
Hey how's it going mate. Got my hydrometer yesterday, my humidity is way very high at certain times for flowering, sometimes 80%.. If i buy a cool mister will this lower it? I live in Ireland, so we have similar climate. Argos has one for 90 quid i might buy, what u think? My ph up down arrived today.. Still waiting on the pen smh.. Thanks in advance pal

My tap PH is in the mid 7s. The flowering nutes usually drop it to lower 6s. I think the most effective for me is 6 or slightly under. The people who make the nutes differ a bit, but hey, what do they know?
Do u think this would work Product

Do u think this would work Product
That will increase your humidity i think you need a dehumidifier to lower humidity especially when flowering 80% will be ideal for mold growth so you want to lower humidity and keep things mold free and healthy.
:bong:

If you want to reduce your humidity, you need a dehumidifier not a mister. I bought a small one on my first grow. It was absolutely useless. A bigger one might have done the trick.

I just went through a bout of mildew. There are things you can do to prevent it. Defoliate underneath the canopy, if it is crowded. Make sure you have a fan blowing on your plants to constantly move the air. There are things you can spray to prevent and kill the stuff. Google how to prevent powdery mildew. Get yourself a spray bottle that mists. I will 100% do this on my next grow whether it needs it or not.

That will increase your humidity i think you need a dehumidifier to lower humidity especially when flowering 80% will be ideal for mold growth so you want to lower humidity and keep things mold free and healthy.
:bong:

Yeah folks i borrowed a dehumidifier of a friend earlier today (hes a painter who had one spare), its pretty big one tho and wont fit in the closet :-( I ran it in my room for 4 hrs and it lowered the humidity to 58%..but man I check my power meter and it cost me 1euro to run it for that short time. its going to cost 3euro extra just to run it for 12 hrs..ohh man this stuff isn't cheep to run. im going to run this one timer until I buy a smaller one. but a smaller one will probably cost same to run. i just took 24 hr reading on hydrometer memory. 95% max humidity--24 degrees Min was 51% humidity 11degress
a novice like me even knows those are big swings that I must stablise. I think whats saving me is the fan im using, its good, and i gave them both a hell of a pruning yesterday, I was ruthless, any branches underneath canopy I cut out, air is flowing nicely. thansk for the help guys, much respect.

Some pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0324.JPG
    DSC_0324.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0327.JPG
    DSC_0327.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom