Just wow!

Theres a couple groups and a website that has people sharing recipes and asking questions.

Ok ...so it still appears to me that a $100 water distiller will do the exact same thing as that extract craft !

I thought maybe you could make shatter WITH the extract craft but you don't, you use the same substance that you would get with a water distiller to use in another process...what am I missing @Nunyabiz ???

Yes the Bluetooth is fancy vs. Physically lifting the lid on the distiller to see where your level is at ..but I still see ZERO Difference except $600 ?

my extract craft will arrive by the end week so I will know for sure ...:)

Do you have any recommendations for a vacuum pot chamber system ?

You can use the extractcraft from start to finish, it's just that in order to get the absolute best shatter you need higher vacuum.
You can probably do close to the same with a distiller but just be a PIA.
Doing small amounts would be a pain, having to constantly open the lid to check, the size and storage of the unit and again the fact that the distiller is not under vacuum means you must use much higher heat.

Pretty big differences to me.

Well after a lot of bitching I’m impressed @Nunyabiz

This a Buchner filtered , resin puck soup that sits in my freezer (grain alcohol wash) .
I lost over 26oz with the lessons learned .. but this nifty gadget will get a good run of pressed pucks once or so a year for shits and giggles . :green_heart:

I was going to vacuum purge and dab this .. what are some of your favorite things to make :hippy:
64681C24-B591-4327-837F-9BA56A7B264D.jpeg
8D7233AD-70F2-48A5-98A9-8430A465093C.jpeg
3DF9E696-CDC1-4C4C-8962-EFEDEBD58319.jpeg

My Extractcraft is here. Now I am just waiting to get the Everclear I need. I have some I just need to take a road trip to get it. All the Everclear around our town has been used as sanitizer LMAO.

Nunyabiz. What I am wanting is something similar to what you are doing. One manageable dose. I guess I really don't need to make it into capsule form. I just need it for sleep. I figured in capsule form it would take a bit longer to kick in letting me sleep longer.

Mixing it with a little oil to spread it out a little is only the thought in my mind. It would also make it easier to put a dose in a capsule. One little drop in a big capsule seemed like it would be a pain. With a little oil it would be easier to measure.

Any thoughts on this?

If you mix with oil and use capsules then it takes a lot longer, like 2 hours before you feel it.
As an alcohol tincture you just use the dropper and drop 2,3,4 drops or whatever it takes under your tongue and you start to feel it within minutes.
Each batch will be just a bit different so your dose will change from batch to batch unless you make each batch exactly the same.
My last batch I made a few days ago is a pretty potent one, made it with 3/4 oz of Blue Gelato about 25-27% THC and 1/4 oz Hiydrow about 16% CBD 8%THC.
So 2 drops as a starting dose and add a drop depending on pain level.
Batch before last was a mix of about 1/2 Blue Gelato, 1/4 Hiydrow, 1/4 Honey Peach about 12% CBD 9%THC.
So was quite a bit more CBD and required an extra drop or two but was very nice effect, very calming.

I prefer the tincture because you start to feel it in 5 minutes instead of 2+hours.
It still last about the same 5 to 6 hours.

Less calories than pills, different carrier . The onset of effects also depends greatly on how it is prepared and the metabolism of the individual.
I have found that the effects of smoking, oil, tincture, pills, vaping are all VERY DIFFERENT , even utilizing the same strain . So much to learn :nomo::Namaste::green_heart:

Well after a lot of bitching I’m impressed @Nunyabiz

This a Buchner filtered , resin puck soup that sits in my freezer (grain alcohol wash) .
I lost over 26oz with the lessons learned .. but this nifty gadget will get a good run of pressed pucks once or so a year for shits and giggles . :green_heart:

I was going to vacuum purge and dab this .. what are some of your favorite things to make :hippy:
64681C24-B591-4327-837F-9BA56A7B264D.jpeg
8D7233AD-70F2-48A5-98A9-8430A465093C.jpeg
3DF9E696-CDC1-4C4C-8962-EFEDEBD58319.jpeg

@Grandpa Tokin this was that puck wash

As a sleep aid I really don't need instant or even a fast reaction. I am normally stoned enough to fall asleep. Staying asleep for longer then 4 hours is the problem. With edibles I am getting closer to 6 hours of sleep. I really could use 8 hours to relieve the irritation to the nerves in my back. I don't know if I can get there but think I can. 2 hours before onset might just do it.

The reasons listed in this comparison of Tincture vs Oil are why I prefer the Tincture.
Obviously everyone's needs are different but for someone like me tinctures are perfect because there is virtually zero possibility of going a bit overboard.
Tinctures are exactly the same everytime, oil can go any direction.
Never the same even though the dose is the same. I phucking hate that, not knowing from one dose to the next if this one will send you on a magic carpet ride that you cant get off of for 6 hours or barely effects you at all even though you're taking the exact same amount each time.
That's mainly a problem with my type of metabolism though which is about 50% of people.
My wife has no problem, in fact she cant even tell the difference between 2 drops vs 4.
I feel every single drop.
If I took 5 drops of this last batch I'd be freaking out most likely with that paranoid anxiety shit that too much THC does to about 50% of us.
I dont even build up much of a tolerance, two drops today is exactly the same as two drops last week or a year ago.
I take two drops in the morning and two drops about every 5 to 6 hours and have been doing that everyday for 8 months now, ever since we got this Extractcraft.
I stay in a perpetual perfect high that is always just right.
I have virtually given up smoking, I take a few hits here and there when needed or when I just want to taste a perfectly cured joint.

This plant was exceptionally oily though, every stem starting about 1 foot from the ground was totally covered in trichomes and about every leaf smaller than the palm of my hand was covered.
That is amazing the trichome all over!

The EST works under a vacuum so only needs about 100 degrees, just over body temp to boil off the alchohol which means it doesn't lose the terpenes and flavonoids and makes a much higher quality oil/tincture.

The EST makes Tincture by simply stopping the extraction while theres the amount of alchohol left in it that you want, I prefer just enough to where there is very little if any alchohol burn when placed under the tongue.
Really interesting what you are achieving with tinctures. Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom