Justin Goody's Sponsored Journal: Featuring NextLight & Dope Seeds Gelato & Zkittlez

…and they did. Now there are already signs of F pistils on the Zkittlez
10819C10-D8C6-43FD-ACF1-8E9CDCFC300C.jpeg
…they grow up so fast :rofl:

These 2 are looking fine as hell, just a tiny bit of mag/cal def in a few leaves but it should clear up quick. Other than that we’re cruising
28BFE91B-C7AD-4A08-88F4-89C7B3B74679.jpeg
Zkittlez on the left and Gelato on the right.

Looking good mate. How long did you let the soil cook with the GeoFlora before popping the seeds in? Sorry if you've already covered that. Two of my autos will be getting transplanted into final containers soon and I'm thinking of doing one with the GeoFlora nutrients.

Looking good mate. How long did you let the soil cook with the GeoFlora before popping the seeds in? Sorry if you've already covered that. Two of my autos will be getting transplanted into final containers soon and I'm thinking of doing one with the GeoFlora nutrients.
I wish I could say 2 weeks in these but it was only a few days (dynomyco and GF) for these 2.
Other than the predictable mag issue in the past few days, they’ve been doing fantastic.

I wish I could say 2 weeks in these but it was only a few days (dynomyco and GF) for these 2.
Other than the predictable mag issue in the past few days, they’ve been doing fantastic.
Thanks mate. Think I'll mix a pot up tonight then and see how it goes.

The slight yellowing on a few leaves seems to have slowed or stopped, again after giving a dose of Epsom salts around the same age the other plants needed it.
DA3A8F3E-F5CA-4FB4-8886-38A666E5FCD4.jpeg
8AF951C5-4143-439B-8D52-F23DD2EAF754.jpeg
The Zkittlez (left) is getting some real height in her stretch. The Gelato is acting similar to the previous grow and staying shorter but will likely put on lots of weight where it counts.
I’ll try to update this journal more, I feel like I’m ignoring these ladies and they are just here doing their best ;)

The flowers on these 2 look fine, but the leaves have a slight curling (up not down) that I can’t figure out.
A576995A-3E3B-4D65-B9AB-A360403DD131.jpeg
I backed off their light just a bit and figured out they were a bit too dry, so they got a nice big watering.
Hopefully the leaves will bounce back a little, not sure what the issue is beyond that curl.

Hi JG - I’ve caused a lot of light stress in the last year or so and that looks exactly like some light stress to me, too, so I’d say good move backing the lightIng off a bit. It might also be some increased magn. demand (which I’ve learned/read can be indicated by the leaf tips and serrated edges curling upwards).

The garden is looking generally superb - I’ve been lurking away, keeping up as much as possibLe :) :thumb:

Hi JG - I’ve caused a lot of light stress in the last year or so and that looks exactly like some light stress to me, too, so I’d say good move backing the lightIng off a bit. It might also be some increased magn. demand (which I’ve learned/read can be indicated by the leaf tips and serrated edges curling upwards).

The garden is looking generally superb - I’ve been lurking away, keeping up as much as possibLe :) :thumb:
Thanks for stopping by, Amy.
I think you’re right. A combo of too much light and too little Magnesium. Those are being remedied as we speak, but the leaves took a pretty hard hit last week. Luckily the leaves don’t matter much at the end, the flowers still look beautiful ;)

Switched places and as far away from the light as they can be for now. The Zkittlez is getting crazy towers stacking while the Gelato is short and stout with that lingering leaf curl problem. They got another dose of GF Bloom today, so hopefully things will straighten out (literally) and they got a dose of Mag that may help as well.
Meanwhile the buds seem to be growing fine, just the leaves are giving issues.
AFBF1F51-D94A-4DF6-AE87-6D0FDF0729C6.jpeg
These may end up skidding across the finish line but luckily we know finishing the race is most important.

8E457679-CA1A-4763-856D-223DD027EC38.jpeg
Gelato seems to be finishing a bit early while the Zkittlez is still stacking and has at least 3-4 weeks left.
Interesting changes in these using GF. Some leaf problems, yes- but the frosty trichomes have most definitely increased .
We will have to see how the taste compares to previous crops, the yield size is noticeably smaller. But I’m not here for the bulk, I’m here for the taste…
4D4C6A32-D14C-433E-B82C-7ADF977DA2F9.jpeg
2CED7CA5-FE40-4084-8EE6-D839FC914937.jpeg
some shots from above. Not my prettiest crop but she will get it done.

Have you been continuing with the GF and the epsom salts, or just the GF since you last mentioned it at the end of May?

That's what folks say until they're left trying to scrape trichomes off the sides of the jars. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I just gave the 1 dose, I don’t want to throw off any delicate balance ;)

and you’re right- I’m not here for the bulk but if I get 4oz instead of 8oz….even the best taste can’t make up for that kind of loss.
If it costs me $50 in nutes (when they aren’t free) to get slightly better taste than I get from .50 cents worth of another unnamed brand, I’m not sure that really evens out either, especially with smaller yields.

This harvest will tell me a lot about what I need to know for the future of my crops . I want to go as organic as I can but I am not afraid to weigh the costs and be realistic when it’s costing me real $.

Good answer!

Though inconsistent harvests from autoflower plants is built into the genetics, irrespective of the nutes you use.
I expected a (possibly huge) learning curve on the GF nutes, which is why I wanted to do some autos with it after my main photo grow.
The Gelato is almost done and while it doesn’t look as bulky as last time, it does look really nice up close…once you look past the leaf burn lol.
I don’t know if it’s coincidental but the plants using GF don’t seem to want the light too bright. They have all burned, with Lux that was not an issue before. I’ll sort it out.
I’m doing an auto right after the GSC photo so I can try things (nutes) slightly different but under the same light conditions.
These things take time and several grows and old man patience to do it right, I get it.
I’m in a pretty good spot where I enjoy the science, have some of the patience, and absolutely am NOT dependent upon my next grow for smoke or $. That makes it more fun at least ;)

So here’s what she looks like after 4 days of no water, and minimal light
F32CEA4D-AC91-4B48-90AF-C8951F241439.jpeg
F61B46F8-5CE9-4F51-B146-3CA8CD5034E8.jpeg

And she gave me another lovely surprise- I knew she was dense but Dayum...
127CF9DC-0FC5-4B59-A789-53D9839BDD45.jpeg
859 Grams, woohoo! :drool:Thank you @NextLight and @Dope-Seeds.com

Really a beautiful plant to grow. Her smell is beyond amazing
1A821E4C-5990-42A8-A0B0-400A76C29003.jpeg

It’s definitely one I’ll be growing again. I love the pinecone shape of the buds.

For scale here’s an actual pinecone :laugh:
66325335-E282-43F9-985A-BE6F9AD6DAF6.jpeg

Another very successful OctoLine, almost no larf. Another plant that never went over 5.5 of MC.
EFDC24DD-384A-48D0-94AB-1F30AAE43B08.jpeg

I hope you enjoyed her journey, sister Zkittlez coming up in 10-14 days.
So, I'm gonna keep this nice and quiet...but with the new nutes (EXACT SAME CONDITIONS in every other way) I was only able to produce 286g.
After fairly easily hitting 859g last time, 286g is kind of a sad #.
So either I'm doing it wrong, or.......I don't know what.
What I do know is that I did exactly as instructed and had poor results this time. It's time to do things differently.
If I need to hybridize and bastardize nutes or whatever I need to do, 1/3 of the yield is not acceptable. I don't care how good it tastes or smells, this will need to improve.
The Zkittlez isn’t looking any better, unfortunately. After a stellar harvest last time I’ll be lucky to hit 1/3 of that number as well. I’m all for skidding across the finish line but this one started skidding at about 2nd base.
31BAB0EA-E27A-4C56-B9BD-04F4B6B04B9C.jpeg
Time to change something …..

Back
Top Bottom