Justin Goody's Sponsored Journal: Featuring NextLight & Dope Seeds Gelato & Zkittlez

Hey, @parrajara. You didn't ask but you may want to consider removing the humidity domes since the seed has surfaced. A lot of times the little seedlings can't handle (or just don't like) that much humidity. :Rasta:
I appreciate you letting me know. I have removed the dome now :)

@Justin Goody I appreciate you linking me to her guide. I've read her other watering guide but didn't know she had a seedling one. Although I started in solo cup, not large container, it still helps me get an idea

I appreciate you letting me know. I have removed the dome now :)

@Justin Goody I appreciate you linking me to her guide. I've read her other watering guide but didn't know she had a seedling one. Although I started in solo cup, not large container, it still helps me get an idea
No problem. In the future you’ll probably want to start autos in their final big container so you don’t have to transplant them. The problem being there’s not a lot of time for recovery when most autos start to flower between 19-25 days(ish) and there’s topping and training to think about during that time.
It shouldn’t be a problem though and you can just carefully transplant in the next few weeks. You’ll figure it out, there’s lots of help available here.

No problem. In the future you’ll probably want to start autos in their final big container so you don’t have to transplant them. The problem being there’s not a lot of time for recovery when most autos start to flower between 19-25 days(ish) and there’s topping and training to think about during that time.
It shouldn’t be a problem though and you can just carefully transplant in the next few weeks. You’ll figure it out, there’s lots of help available here.
I read conflicting information on this, and found that one transplant was usually pretty good if timed well. But I also read a lot about starting in final container. I can't argue with 30 years of experience, so I will try that next time. I'm all about learning and experimenting right now.

Anyway... I don't want to hijack your thread! SO I appreciate everyone's help, but let's re-focus on Justin's grow :)

I read conflicting information on this, and found that one transplant was usually pretty good if timed well. But I also read a lot about starting in final container. I can't argue with 30 years of experience, so I will try that next time. I'm all about learning and experimenting right now.

Anyway... I don't want to hijack your thread! SO I appreciate everyone's help, but let's re-focus on Justin's grow :)
As long as we are talking autos, I wouldn’t think you’re hijacking the thread. I appreciate that though!

Yes if timed JUST right, that transplant can actually help prolong flowering a bit and buy you some growth. The hard part is recognizing when is the right time, since it varies plant to plant. Get the timing wrong and it will stunt the growth and likely never recover. There are many options once you get to know your autos. Some strains are ready to top at 9-10 days and train right after, so transplanting will get in the way of that with certain strains. Everyone has their own way, but probably most auto growers here don’t transplant. Hope we helped you, feel free to ask anything!

I don't know for sure if this pertains, but I cuts the bottom out of a 16oz solo cup then he slices it down one side.

When I am ready to go to a large container (it is already in it's final container); just remove the cup since it has no bottom and cut alone the side, it removes easily.

This works for me with starting different flowers from seed.

Just something to think about.

Tok..

Right on my Braddah! The Nextlight core is awesome light! Hope all is blessed my friend. Aloha!

:passitleft:

Changed up the title of this journal (too long) hope it doesn't confuse anyone. Glad to have you all here :roorrip:
You got me pretty good....... Goody. :laughtwo:
You have me rethinking the title length for my next grow. It may be a tad excessive if you think yours was too long.

Good mornin!

You got me pretty good....... Goody. :laughtwo:
You have me rethinking the title length for my next grow. It may be a tad excessive if you think yours was too long.

Good mornin!
It’s really all about how it looks on mobile, simpler is better.
Good morning!

As long as we are talking autos, I wouldn’t think you’re hijacking the thread. I appreciate that though!

Yes if timed JUST right, that transplant can actually help prolong flowering a bit and buy you some growth. The hard part is recognizing when is the right time, since it varies plant to plant. Get the timing wrong and it will stunt the growth and likely never recover. There are many options once you get to know your autos. Some strains are ready to top at 9-10 days and train right after, so transplanting will get in the way of that with certain strains. Everyone has their own way, but probably most auto growers here don’t transplant. Hope we helped you, feel free to ask anyth

This is good info! I've been transplanting my autos and having slow growing issues. I am currently doing my second ever grow and first indoor grow. Transplanted at day 14, hopefully it can recover. I will have to fallow along and learn more about growing autos!
Any recommendations for lights with veg and bloom switch's? I read some people just turn both on for autos from the start?

Friday Update Time- Nothing too exciting to report, other than everyone is alive and well. Still seeing variegation on the Gelato, doesn't look to be a problem of any kind. They seem to be loving this light and look like they will be wanting their first feeding soon.
day 17 edited.jpg
Temps are dropping fast outside here, but the light keeps it a nice temp in here and it barely fluctuates. Humidity is occasionally a slight issue, as the tents can't be open all day when the garage is so cold. But even with that, it rarely goes above 58% or so before it drops back down. I have a great bluetooth temp/humidity monitor that alerts me to any drastic changes and also records everything in a graph so I can go back and look. Never even knew I needed that gizmo until I got it, now I can't imagine being without it.

Hope everyone had a great week, enjoy the weekend!

Wait what? They're that big in ProMix and you haven't fed them yet? Crazy!
Sorry I should have been clearer, they are getting a pinch of MC and superthrive but haven’t been given a real 4g MC feeding until today.

Back
Top Bottom