The roots in that pot on the other hand, that was just insane. I am so looking forward to seeing if the rest in the tents are the same. If so I am sold on this way of using them bags.

Well I pulled the White Widow down. She gave 380g of bud, so should get around 3 oz in the end. She is the first plant that went the cycle in a fabric bag in a crate. The roots are nuts and can hardly be seen. They were the finest of hairs all through the 7 gallon grow bag. You can't hardly see them in the pics. It was a chore to pull it apart enough to get pics showing those larger hair roots. There were no really large roots at all, yet the whole root ball was held together good enough you could play catch with it for hours and have very little soil fall out. This is the first one so I am really curious to see the others as they come down in the near future.

that's the way mine come out to a solid 1 cubic ft of roots ,your girls are looking good jm!:smokin:

Nice plants. I really like the wagon wheel training. I always plan on training a plant in a really cool way but never do. I always have too many veg plants and spreading them out takes up too much space. I have been working on 1 plant, a Thai Chi that is supposed to be a little wild. I topped early and have been keeping her low and wide so we'll see. I do admire the creativity of some folks here and their methods.
:goodjob:

She is an experiment for sure, then again most everything I do has a twist in it someplace. She is taking up way more room then I thought... LOL. I hope I can keep all eight legs till the end, hate to have a widow with less then eight. My crystal ball says I am going to have support issues at the end.

I want to have the center left semi open for the chimney air flow effect. I will be picking up some stakes for her next trip to hardware.

Nice garden JM. Are the crates just for support for moving the bags around?

The crates stop the flexing of the soil when moving the bags in the least little bit. When looking at the roots that where in the last bag this confirms my thoughts from awhile ago about this. They are so fine and hair like they are hard to see. If the soil was flexing in the bags every few days as we move stuff around they would be getting continually broken off. The crate stops the bag from flexing. There was no circling of the roots at all in the bag. I have 6 more in the tent pics that will be coming down over the next month to prove or disprove this process for me.

Just put some stakes in now and let them grow right up them. The widow buds I've seen are pretty dense and heavy so yeah you'll have to do something. You should get a great yield though.

May have to get some 2x4 under them like a fruit tree....

I just set it in there quick for the pic. I have the round saucers and square pots....... is there not an ole saying about that. I dunk till they go in the bags then its top water only through a 1 gallon pump sprayer. It takes a fair amount of time, but I feel the misting coming out of the nozzle increases the O2 in the water that is now heading to the roots and micro herd below. Not sure if there is any merit to it, but sounds right to me.

Back
Top Bottom