Jwhat's First - Soil - Black Indica - Closet - Micro Grow Journal

Hey everyone day 17 update.

Transplanted day 14 into a bigger cup. Followed a youtube vid, just loosened up the outside of the soil a bit, and held the bottom of the stem, tipped the cup up and tapped the cup lightly until the root ball soil n all came out. Then planted in a crater like hole in the new cup and filled the sides in with more soil from the bag. Stamped it all down lightly. Since then I've been watering when the cup gets light, one good water a day pretty much.

First feed of Calimagic day 15, used a 1/4 of the recommended dose, mixed with tap water that was left out for a day.

What I'm gonna do is 4 waters regular water, then one water nutes...and go like that, just keep an eye on her.

Couple pics I just took, how's she looking? Your thoughts?

TPhoto_000061.jpg

TPhoto_00005.jpg

Looking good. Do ya plan on lst or topping soon?

Thanks man! Not sure I think I'm gonna hold off on topping for this grow. Not sure though I will top if I know that I can do it without hurting my baby haha. Don't know much as of now about that stuff.

Quick photo update couldn't help myself haha.

Check out my girl at day 18, I counted 7 or 8 nodes, and a new node coming in :).

TPhoto_00011.jpg

TPhoto_00009.jpg

TPhoto_00008.jpg

TPhoto_00007.jpg

Feel free to post your thoughts :).

Should have white paint today, if I do gonna paint the inside of that black container white.

Question when's the best time to transplant her to the finishing pot? Day 18 now, and I transplanted to this cup on day 14.
The finishing pot is what the cup is sitting on in the pics.

Thanks in advance

I would transplant like now lol it looks fine

Hey everyone, followed everyone's advice and transplanted just then, start of day 20.
Had a little more trouble this time, had to cut the cup and rip it around. Also I put way too much soil in the pot originally, and some of the lower leaves were covered in dirt. Fooled around a bit though got all of the dirt from the leaves and took some soil out, then I leveled it all and watered around where the roots are. Hope its all good!

Few pics please let me know what you think, thanks.

IMG_20150514_221137.jpg

IMG_20150514_222233.jpg

IMG_20150514_225351.jpg

IMG_20150514_225457.jpg

IMG_20150514_230154.jpg

IMG_20150514_230506.jpg

Hey guys please help, 3 weeks in my lower leaves are turning yellow. Wanna fix this quickly. Checked ph of soil and its 4.8, pretty low.

Anything around the house i can safely use to raise ph? and how to do it?

Thanks in advance, tons.

pH meters weird too. Could not leaving tap water out long enough before watering do this? Last few waters it was an hour or less, was a lot longer at first.

Pics notice the very bottom leaf in both pics. Green leaf in front of it. Thanks for any helpful info everyone, kinda worried.

IMG_20150517_013343.jpg
IMG_20150517_013423.jpg

pH meters weird too. Could not leaving tap water out long enough before watering do this? Last few waters it was an hour or less, was a lot longer at first.

Pics notice the very bottom leaf in both pics. Green leaf in front of it. Thanks for any helpful info everyone, kinda worried.

IMG_20150517_013343.jpg
IMG_20150517_013423.jpg

More info hope someone can help or tell me if this is serious or not. It started with just the end half's of my first single bladed leaves, and it looks to be rising to me. Now the affected leaves are all yellow, can't see the veins even, at all.

My soil pH and water pH is about 7.5, any tips on lowering this? Can't get around today so hoping there's something around the house.

Thanks a lot!

Oh and I think I first noticed the yellow coming in after my first feeding, calimagic. Not entirely sure though.

Nice growww seems very interesting subbed. Pretty nice setup transition mann! Try to get fans up and running in there to vent out hot air from your lights, im using 4 23w 6400k CFL bulbs on my current setup, I too had an awesome grow room transition. Mind checking out my grow if uve got the time for it? Input is greatly appreciated!!!

Goodluck on your grow mann!!! :thumb::cheer::Namaste::high-five:

Also have yellow or burnt tips, so overfeeding? But she needs nitrogen, lost here on what to do?

I'll throw this here as a refresher:

Strain: Black Indica crooking
Medium: Promix Veg and herb mix
Age now: 22 days, into the 23rd
Lights: cfl 23w 100weq 6500k all three
Light cycle, 24hrs light, was on 18\6 for first 2 weeks or so.

×im getting more lightsx

After transplanting twice, last transplant into this pot early day 21.
After feeding with calimagic twice, not at all until day 14.

Deficiencies described

Yellowing on leaves starting with the first, single bladed leaves and slowly moving up. 2
3 bladed leaves are now fully yellow, drying up. One bladed leaves are fully yellow and dry and curling upwards. Growth seems to be slowed or slacked.

Great looking plant :thumb: firstly I would recommend topping as its not very risky and the result is that you'll have more of a bush rather than a tree which means more colas will receive more light - bigger and better developing buds:grinjoint:

So was your soil ph at 4.8 and you have now got it up to 7.5? A flush might be something worth considering as Todosh said, make sure you flush with ph balanced water that you have left out for atleast 24 hours if its from the tap. Household vinegar will lower your water ph but use very sparingly, I have used vinegar before and it seemed to work fine for me although some advise against it. If the ph of your water or soil is too high or too low you may experience nutrient lock out so you really want to look at balancing that ph. That being said she looks good and strong :goodjob:

Just plucked the single bladed leaves, came off easily so. Also just added an oscillating fan and got my girl took out of her box for now so she gets some good air! First time putting a fan to her.

Thanks for the tips guys I will keep flushing on my mind, just can't right yet because I can't pH balance or anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom