JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

A bit higher for soil but you are correct. Always go by the plants reaction.

Looking good mate! I would like to learn about autos, so if its cool I'll pull up a chair. My coco is at PH5.8-6 definetly give at least a couples weeks before adding any nutes dont start any higher than quater strength, see how they respond. Root stimulator (ryzo) or something similar helps alot.
Good luck.

Looking good mate! I would like to learn about autos, so if its cool I'll pull up a chair. My coco is at PH5.8-6 definetly give at least a couples weeks before adding any nutes dont start any higher than quater strength, see how they respond. Root stimulator (ryzo) or something similar helps alot.
Good luck.

Thanks my man! Feel free, the more the merrier! Thanks for the advice, I'm definately going to wait a week or two before starting nutes, everyone seems to be in agreement with that! And will do, once this pen arrives so I can actually be accurate with my readings I plan on doing the nutes etc daily! Just kind of hard using PH strip from work to roughly guess haha!

I might take advice from everyone, and might start around day 7, can only use it as a learning experience for the next grow! If I can get more nutes in without doing damage though, all the better!
I also grow in coco and used nutes after about 6-7 days, I would definitely recommended trying half or even quarter of the amount and seeing how the plant responds. Good luck on your grow, all the best

I also grow in coco and used nutes after about 6-7 days, I would definitely recommended trying half or even quarter of the amount and seeing how the plant responds. Good luck on your grow, all the best

Yep I'm setting my mind on day 7 for this grow and change accordingly for the next one if need be, thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

5.8 ph is perfect and 1/4 strength on nutes , I use those nutes so I am familiar with them , get yourself some 10 ml syringes from your local drug store and give them about 1/2 of 1 ml of each , micro , grow , bloom for the 1st 2-3 weeks after they are about 10 days old and then after the 2-3 weeks go to 1.5 -2ml of each and add 1.5 ml of calmag also , besure you added the calmag to your water 1st then the gh nutes and shake gently to mix and then ph to 5.8 .this should get your ppm`s to about 270 ppm and slowly increase as the plants get larger .I grow indica plants so I don't go over 400 ppm total while in veg just increase the calmag , I don't go over 600 ppm while in flower but that all depends on your plants ,just watch for tip burn , if it happens just back off on the nutes , never ever flush your coco with just plain water ,unless its the last week before harvest , always add some kind of nutes even if it's only at 60 ppm .P.s these numbers are bases on a 1 gallon jug of R.O. water .

The needs of your plant is going to change from week to week, there are various feed schedules you can choose to follow depending on your nutes. I'm following one that i found on GWE but with nutes from a separate company. They have been spot on so far and my Kush Auto is growing great. I'm also giving the same mix to a Northern Lights Fem, both in 50/50 coco / perlite, and both in the same tent too. Both are looking awesome!

5.8 ph is perfect and 1/4 strength on nutes , I use those nutes so I am familiar with them , get yourself some 10 ml syringes from your local drug store and give them about 1/2 of 1 ml of each , micro , grow , bloom for the 1st 2-3 weeks after they are about 10 days old and then after the 2-3 weeks go to 1.5 -2ml of each and add 1.5 ml of calmag also , besure you added the calmag to your water 1st then the gh nutes and shake gently to mix and then ph to 5.8 .this should get your ppm`s to about 270 ppm and slowly increase as the plants get larger .I grow indica plants so I don't go over 400 ppm total while in veg just increase the calmag , I don't go over 600 ppm while in flower but that all depends on your plants ,just watch for tip burn , if it happens just back off on the nutes , never ever flush your coco with just plain water ,unless its the last week before harvest , always add some kind of nutes even if it's only at 60 ppm .P.s these numbers are bases on a 1 gallon jug of R.O. water .

Yep once the PH pen arrives I'll be PH'ing from 5.8 - 6.0 seems to be the go, and that looks roughly like the nute chart I've been looking at, so I reckon this seems like a solid plan. I just hope my PH pen is easy to calibrate, I've seen some horror stories about uncalibrated pens...

The needs of your plant is going to change from week to week, there are various feed schedules you can choose to follow depending on your nutes. I'm following one that i found on GWE but with nutes from a separate company. They have been spot on so far and my Kush Auto is growing great. I'm also giving the same mix to a Northern Lights Fem, both in 50/50 coco / perlite, and both in the same tent too. Both are looking awesome!

You don't happen to have a link I could take a quick gander at do you?

And a quick update, no signs of the seedlings I put in the coco yesterday yet, but 3 of the remaining 4 seeds have small tap roots, so at least 5/6 will most likely germinate, hoping the other fella is just a little slow! Temps in the tent ranging from 73-76°f, running REALLY humid in the tent at the moment which from what I can see isnt a bad thing during the seedling stage, but concerned me enough to order a small dehumidifier for if things get a little "wet" later on.

Go to grow weed easy dot com. Honestly, its a great sight, lotsa great info! Do a site search for your nutes and or feeding coco coir and you’ll find all the phases and ratios week to week. Trust me go check out thst site!

Edit: an exhaust fan could help

Go to grow weed easy dot com. Honestly, its a great sight, lotsa great info! Do a site search for your nutes and or feeding coco coir and you’ll find all the phases and ratios week to week. Trust me go check out thst site!

Edit: an exhaust fan could help

Just had a look, there IS lots of good info, thanks for the tip! I do have an exhaust fan, I'm just not currently using it seeing as the temps are ok and the humidity should be ok until later on in veg, do you recommend running it anyway?

Another checkup, and the 2 x Northern Lights seeds had tap roots and were ready to go, so in the coco they went! Power Punch has a liiitttllleeee root going so maybe tonight/tomorrow I'll pop her in, and no sign of the root for the other Blu Glu, hoping she's just a little shy!

Little pic of everything going on so far in the tent, temps sitting around 75°f-ish and humidity (with one bottom vent hole open) is sitting around 80%. Hoping to see signs of life in the next 24-48 hours! 1x Blue Glu middle back, 1x Glu Scout Cookies front middle and the 2x Northerns on the right! Quick question, I'm only watering around the seedling itself, what about the rest of the coco while it's still only a baby? Do I need to wet ALL the coco surrounding the seedlings?

Power Punch is now in coco, and the remaining Blu Glu seed has cracked open but no tap root yet, if I get lucky I might get 6 out of 6! :)

Welcome one and all!

As the title may suggest, this is my first time attempting to grow! Many factors led to my decision to try and grow a few plants, primarily the cost of the buds around here (getting mostly crap for around $300 an ounce, I live in a smallish country town) and the reliability of the people who sell the aforementioned crap. The second being my girlfriend and her health. She was diagnosed with stage three ovarian cancer in October of 2017 at the age of 22, and underwent major surgery in December of that same year to remove a 600 gram tumour, as well as other complications/surgeries along the way, followed by chemotherapy, only to be told last year that was in fact back, and still growing slowly... Medications are of course a given, endone, tramadol etc, but the most effective pain relief she finds is smoking pot, almost entirely eliminating the need for harder stuff, a much better option I'm sure most of you could agree. So here we are! We're constantly buying shitloads of pot (we smoke min 1-2 ounces a fortnight) and since only I can work, damn it's getting expensive for the crap quality pot!

Expect tons of noob questions, mistakes etc, so constructive criticism is entirely welcomed, every bit of help is appreciated!

What strain is it?

I'm going to try and run 4 different strains, 2x Northern Lights Blue Feminised Autoflowers, 1x Northern Lite Blue-Glue Feminised Autoflower, 2x Glu Scout Cookies Feminised Autoflower and 1x Power Punch Feminised Autoflower, all by S.A.G seeds and purchased from Caveman Seeds. They have all currently been sitting in water for about an hour.

Indoor or outdoor?

I'm going to attempt to grow indoor, in a 4x4 grow tent kept in the spare bedroom of our house. We have our own place in which we don't have to worry about real estates etc knocking on our door, mainly just snoopy neighbours and family members we need to keep away, and we don't plan on "getting commercial" with it, so we won't have to worry about millions of people coming by either.

Soil or Hydro?

I purchased a 5kg block of pre-buffered coco coir which this morning I rehydrated, and am currently pre-buffering with a cal-mag solution even though it says buffered on the package, and I plan on rinsing with tap water this evening when the soak is finished, and plan on running 6 x 5 gallon fabric pots. This will be mixed with 30% perlite after the soak.

Size of light?

I purchased a QBL 6 690w COB LED (draws max 450w from the wall) for the 4x4 space, I didn't want to go cheap, I didn't want to go super expensive, and QBL lights offered afterpay, which suited my needs perfectly. If someone could check this light out and let me know whether or not I made a huge mistake would be appreciated haha! Got these set up with a 6" fan and exhaust system attached to a carbon filter, all which exhausts into the room the tent is in.

Temp of Room/cab?

I've literally only just turned the light on for the first time about an hour ago, and on the seedling setting at full power so far it's sitting at about 73°f with the exhaust turned off.

RH of Room/cab?

Sitting around 60% with the light turned on over an hour, will check and update as needed.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using the General Hydroponics Flora, Micro and Bloom, as well as CalMag, want to try and keep it simple for my first grow.

So yeah, as fresh a grow (and grower) as you could ask for! If you think I've forgotten anything, or have any helpful advice, drop in and say hey!

Cheers guys!
Looks like you're ready to rock!
:headbanger:

I'll hang out for the grow show, if ya don't mind.
:passitleft:

-P :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom