JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

J you need to get that humidity down, if condensation develops you risk mould.
Try to keep good airway between your plants and keep the air moving
Keep us posted

Air con/dehumidifier is on the way! The humidity problem definitely needed addressing so I bit the bullet and brought one! Got a big pedestal fan and a smaller desk fan in there blowing around with plenty of air, the only sort of mould related "problem" (if it even is one) is a green build up on the side of the pots which from what I can gather is nute build up, and salt deposits on the side but yeah it's still way to moist, can definately feel the dampness in the room the tent is in.

YO J!!!!!!! I showed you the before and after of the little Kush Auto. It's up to you man. A little defol here and there to get that final is ok.

Kinda scaring me a little, might wait a week or so and see how I feel, and that should put them around the 2.5 week mark of flowering too.

I just want this damn dehumidifier to arrive, would solve alot of my stressing about the plants haha! Any signs of high humidity damage I should keep an eye out for over the next few days?

A light defol to help with space between the leaves. LST those bigger branches out to the sides to open the middle up and increase the air flow. Do you have a large oscillating fan? My flower tent get's too hot sometimes and I open the front and put a large fan into the opening to push cold air in there, it also helps with exhaust too.

Go slow with the defol, better than fast, trust me. It's taking me some time and I'm still learning too. Defol when done correctly will significantly increase your yield and reduce your concerns with regard to humidity. I had my issues with humidity early on too, and that's the reason I'm so 'picky' with the girls.

You gotta do it some time, so read up and take it slow.

A light defol to help with space between the leaves. LST those bigger branches out to the sides to open the middle up and increase the air flow. Do you have a large oscillating fan? My flower tent get's too hot sometimes and I open the front and put a large fan into the opening to push cold air in there, it also helps with exhaust too.

Go slow with the defol, better than fast, trust me. It's taking me some time and I'm still learning too. Defol when done correctly will significantly increase your yield and reduce your concerns with regard to humidity. I had my issues with humidity early on too, and that's the reason I'm so 'picky' with the girls.

You gotta do it some time, so read up and take it slow.

Yep ok, I did a little defol, not too much yet, I'm still scared after the first try haha! Yeah I have a 3 speed in the tent with them, as well as a small 2 speed desk fan. I open the front occasionally too, it doesn't seem to help seeing as my area is SUPER humid, daily averages above 70% for 10 months of the year. But is IS a jungle in there now, so I need to start somewhere, so today is the day! Still waiting on the AC/Dehumidifier.

So yeah, I only took a few today, going to take some more in a few days if all is well. I do have another major development though. One of the Blu Glu's has shot UP, and as such was WAY taller than all the other plants, and strong, healthy and sturdy to boot, so... I attempted a super crop! Seeing as it's my first grow, I'm keen to try a few techniques for future reference anyway, and it was not far from touching the light so was probably going to be damaged anyway, so experiment time it is!

The other big girl, the Power Punch who didn't seem to like her haircut so much, is seemingly almost finished stretch? Her pistils are popping, she's just MASSIVE, maybe needs to go longer than the others?

And finally a few pics of my "prize" looking girls haha, any advice/help is appreciated! Hope I'm doing alright haha!

Hey that Super Crop may need some help, I'd try and give that top a little support or you may loose it.

When I defol I start with thinning out the middle of the plant first. Getting more light into the middle to help those lowers. Depending on how far into flower you are you may want to remove some of those blockers too, any leaf that blocks light from getting to one of your tops. I know a 3 week lollipop is intimidating at first. It's a standard practice, it wouldn't be if it didn't work. Take your time with it.

If that were my plant I wouldn't leave the top that way, maybe it looks worse on my side of the screen.

Hey that Super Crop may need some help, I'd try and give that top a little support or you may loose it.

When I defol I start with thinning out the middle of the plant first. Getting more light into the middle to help those lowers. Depending on how far into flower you are you may want to remove some of those blockers too, any leaf that blocks light from getting to one of your tops. I know a 3 week lollipop is intimidating at first. It's a standard practice, it wouldn't be if it didn't work. Take your time with it.

If that were my plant I wouldn't leave the top that way, maybe it looks worse on my side of the screen.

I woke up this morning and... The super crop worked MAGNIFICENTLY! She perked right back up, there's fresh growth already, overall looking good and healthy so I'm super stoked (although no photos till tomorrow unfortunately, no phone atm), but yeah, overall VERY satisfied with the attempt, I'm considering trying the same on the big Power Punch seeing as she's even taller, but I'm probably going to be waiting till she starts to flower a little more, she's still VERY early.

The plants also seem very happy with the defol I performed yesterday, probably going to take a few more today and wait again, main issue is still the humidity but should have the dehumidifier first thing Monday to deal with that. Can't wait to show photo's of the supercrop haha!

Finally, the results of the Blu Glu supercrop!

Looks pretty good if you ask me, also doing an experimental bend on one of the lower tops, just to see if the same kind of results can be replicated lower etc! Exciting stuff!

Everyone is still under 24 hour schedule, probably just going to do this whole run under 24, might do 18/6 on the next and compare the 2! Still PH'ing to around 6.0 give or take 0.1-0.2 variance daily, giving them about a litre at the moment twice a day, but every day noticing they want more and more! Defol is going well, nobody looks like they're getting upset, getting excitied now and can't wait for harvest haha!

Any advice on what I can do/go from here to improve things would be appreciated, lost a bit I think, don't know if there's more that should be done or just let them go and continue to care!

Here's all the girls who are heavily into flower, 2 just starting to pop now but they're a bit behind, grab photo's next time!

The light is between 18 - 24" from the plants depending on height, some are taller than others, some of the plants such as the Blu Glu I supercropped were almost to the height of the light, the big Power Punch was TALLER than the light, so I supercropped her today, going to give it a shot because I cant exactly raise the light due to the welfare of the others... How far away is recommended? Any advice?

I've got a QBL 6 COB LED, if you search google for the name you should find it. Haha what I mean by that is only 1 of the plants is super tall, the others are all roughly the same now, I can lower the light a little however, it just wont get the spread of all 6 plants if I lower it any further. I'll grab lots of detailed photos tomorrow to explain show everything the state it is now, might be able to help you guys help me further haha!

Back
Top Bottom