K.c 36 - first grow - poor man closet grow

Pericodaking just curious how did you fix the heat problems

First things first was i needed a source of cool fresh air to cool down the room itself. it averages about 80 in my apt. yet outside is a good 20 degrees cooler, so i have a window fan that sucks in cool air, then two little 5-6 inch fans inside the box pointed up aimed at the lights, that keeps the warm air from getting settling around the bottom of the box. then i put a large floor oscillating fan in front of the box that blows air in, but at a lower level than the two pushing the hot air up. since heat naturally rises, why not give it a boost and rise it on out of your box lol, ever since those changes i've have a 10-15 degree drop in my temps and and increase in humidity. and plus my fans run 24/7 got that idea from Dr.Dread!

Very good Pericodaking! got it all worked out! i asked because i knew you would give a good answer and i know people sometimes have heat issues and when they come and read this it will help them out a bit with an idea

Very good Pericodaking! got it all worked out! i asked because i knew you would give a good answer and i know people sometimes have heat issues and when they come and read this it will help them out a bit with an idea

Anytime L8, it's all about that puff puff, but then you gotta pass lol

hey all,

I've been very busy of late, so sorry for the lack of updates. I added a small cpu fan for intake and outtake but now i know i need a bathroom exhaust fan at 80cfm, my closet requires 78cfm. Hopefully that will help with the heating, when i install the exhaust fan, the smaller fan will join at the bottom as an intake fan. I fed them twice so far, i was gonna feed them again tomorrow. (1 tps for 1 gallon) BTW: I only use one gallon for watering. no more. for all the plants. 1gl for 5 plants, is that ok?

I also noticed a few marks on the leaves, let me know what you think.

oh and ALLGLAD check ur pm for the info. cheers

the door with fans
IMG_02171.JPG

upside down (sorry) but look at that undergrowth!!
IMG_02162.JPG

sick plant?? please let me know
IMG_0215.JPG

close up (yellowish marks)
IMG_02142.JPG

the usual suspects..
IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

oh and the hps is 10inches off the tallest plant. they avg about 7-8 inches in growth and its been 25 days since i added the seeds to soil (cups) and 16 days since i transferred them to 3 gallon pots.

looking good 17, keep up the good work! Man that is a pretty brutal thing to do to that door. I hope you own that place. ;-) Anyway, small price to pay to keep the beautiful babies comfy.

P.S. to all.

I am a new member here although I have read posts at this site for a very very long time. I have a lot of experience... I am a lifetime connoisseur of great herbs, and experienced grower. So I say hello to you all.

Ok, that's about enough...

sorry for the introduction in the middle of your thread 17. Keep up the nice job! Time for some vape hits.... Peace.

:goodjob:

thanks everyone and a big up to J-rod! thanks for passing by and i hope i can pick info from your extensive knowledge library someday.

the plants are doing ok, i fed them today and wont for another 2 days. Those marks are still appearing on leaves, can someone confirm this isnt nute or light burn? thanks everyone!!

To me it does not look like you have anything to worry about although I would keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse get us a little better of a close up pic. I think they look healthy. With nute burn you will notice the tips of the leaves burning first and light burn you would know right away. What do you use for water? Is it city water? Are you on a well? Sometimes the water can do funny things. Anyway like I said I think they look fine, just keep an eye out for any signs of deterioration.

Keep up the good work. PEACE.

Thanks alot J-rod and Fluroman,

I am using city water, its ph is 8, so i use ph20% down and it get it around 6 to 7ph. I noticed that the marks dry up and if touched can wither the dry bit of leaf, even if the burn in the middle or anywhere on the leaf. but ill post if it gets worse, they're sleeping now, so ill post later today with an update on the condition.

thanks pan! but can i use any extension cord for the wiring for power?

just strip the female end off the extension cord, then there should be 3 wires, do white to white, black to black, and ground to ground if the cord has one, if not just cap off the ground wire. wire nut them together then wrap nicely with electrical tape and you should be fine.

if you want it even nicer you can go to walmart or homedepot or something and in the electrical section you can get an electrical plug that lets you attach the wires to it so you can just plug it in instead of having the exposed wires/wirenuts

-RC

I still havent added the fan, im still looking for an extension cord. However, i did add more soil to the plants today. I let them dry up for 2 days and then i added fresh soil to the bottom of each pot and watered. They look a LOT bigger now that they're level with the top. Here's a quick pic, oh and i noticed my humidity is rising from 30-50, what do i do?

IMG_02191.JPG

Back
Top Bottom