Kailpots 2nd Grow - Cole Train + Blue Cheese in Coco

kailpot

Here begins my second 420mag grow journal :cheer:

the details are;

Growroom; 1.2x1.2m growlush mylar tent.
Strain; Reserva Privada Cole Train, Big Buddha Blue Cheese (Feminized)
Medium; Coco coir 80%, perlite 20%
Lighting; 1 x 600W Growlush (HPS) with digital ballast
Nutes Planned; Canna coco, cannazym
Ventilation; extractor 700m3 per hour creating negative pressure and pulling in plenty of fresh air.
Temp of Room; sits around 29 degrees C daytime/ 16 C nightime
RH of Room; around 65% daytime
PH of media; Plan to keep at around 6Ph
Number of plants 2
EC of tapwater; EC 0.2

Here's a pic of my room

Growroom_1.jpg

and my last AK48 grow which i'm enjoying immensely! :grinjoint:
Day_36_Flower_Canapy.jpg

Well, its day 30 now and time to flip the switch. :slide:
Quite a different grow to the last one. I got bored watering by hand and have set up a run to waste drip system. Ideally I wanted to use these horseshoe sprayer things I bought, but they where too big for my pots. So Instead I set up this primitive but hopefully effective drip. Put 5 x 4lph dripper's in each pot and it run's for 20 mins at wake up - Seems to be working good. Have topped the plants above 2nd node as in Uncle Ben's Topping guide, hopefully this means I get 4 main buds. Away for 8 days now, so we;ll see if the drip holds the pace! The Cole Train on the left has been a big yellow, I've flushed and hopefully an increase in nutes will sort her out

EC1.5
PH5.8
Cannazym 2ml/L

DRIP SYSTEM
Day_30_Veg_Side.jpg

BLUE CHEESE
Day_30_Blue_Cheese_topped.jpg

COLE TRAIN
Day_30_Cole_Train_Topped.jpg

Flower Day 8

Had to take a few drastic measures last night. After 8 days away with the plants on automatic system I came back to a pretty sick looking Cole Train

Cole_Train_1.jpg

Cole_Train_2.jpg

Seem to have a nute lockout (not sure which...maybe Cal-Mag?) First I gave the plant a good flush. Still wasn't right the next night and I also noticed it wasn't draining very well. So I took the drastic step of repotting it. Put a good layer of hydron clay pebbles in the bottom to assist drainage. I then gave it a good feed, it seemed to be draining much better, so hopefully she'll look good when I see her in the morning. She also got a wee bit close to the lamp while I wasn't here to move it. Hopefully she'll recover ok! :peace:

Flower Day 24

EC 2.2 PH 5.6

>3ml/lt canna coco A+B
1.5ml/lt PK 13/14
tiny amount of epsom salts (trying to get the coletrain to "green up")

Well girls are doing away just fine. Stretching seems to have slowed right down, so hopefully the buds are on their way! ;)

Cole Train (right plant) is looking a wee bit shabby, have tried to please here, but she's just a high maintenance lady! She's looking not too bad at the moment. so hopefully she'll make some ok buds. The blue cheese is looking real nice...she's short but strong with some huge leaves and is loving the high EC at the moment.

day_24_flower1.jpg

BLUE CHEESE v
day_24_flower_blue_cheese.jpg

COLE TRAIN v
day_24_flower_cole_train.jpg

really nice journal. got the reserva privada cole train as a freebie and was wondering on peeps experience growing. can't wait to see the flowers. nice work.

Day 45 Flower

EC 2.2 PH5.6

Had a bit of a disaster with the blue cheese. Came home after a few days away to this!

Blue_Cheese_Dehydrated.jpg

Seems my hose connection to the plant had come loose and she never had any feed or water for 3 day :straightface: Gave her a good feed :morenutes: and a couple of days later she is looking like this

Flower_Day_45_Blue_Cheese.jpg

Probably stressed her a good bit, but after removing a few crispy leaves she's not too bad. Unfortunately I have to chop in 2 weeks, so hopefully she puts on a bit of weight! As for the cole train, she is a real fussy bitch and not sure if she works in my setup....tried to please here, but she looks an off green colour with leaves curling length ways, and generally just an ugly girl! She is putting on the weight though and I expect some okay bud. Not quite as smooth a grow as last time, but I am dealing with a different setup and new strains. Heres some more pics

Coletrain
Flower_Day_45_Coletrain.jpg

they are a sorry looking pair at the moment!
Flower_Day_45_Canapy.jpg

and the clones, 1 of each

Clones55.jpg

Nice work you do.
:grinjoint::bravo:
Thanks coco Joe...that means a lot coming from you!:grinjoint:

really nice journal. got the reserva privada cole train as a freebie and was wondering on peeps experience growing. can't wait to see the flowers. nice work.
Yes mine was a freebie too rexbuenavista, we'll see how she turns out! Thanks for compliment on the journal! Hopefully be a point of reference for me (and others maybe) in the future...lots still to learn! :peace:

Flower Day 62

Well, another disaster...my light timer failed at about 7 weeks into flowering and shone continuously for 4 day, pretty much putting the ladies back into a veg state :yikes:
The result is that the Cole train took off on a stretch and the blue cheese just stressed out a bit! Anyway they have been back in flowering for over a week and seem to be putting a little weight on, but have slowed right down :thedoubletake:

Alas, they are to be cut down in 2 days after a dark spell. I think I might get a little bit of ok bud, but its mostly going into the bubble bags :lot-o-toke:

Here some trichs...looking clear/cloudy...doesn't matter...they're getting the chop! Hard lessons learned.....one being don't buy a cheapo light timer!!!

COLETRAIN
Day_62_Flower_Cole_Train1.jpg

Day_62_Flower_Cole_Train_2.jpg

BLUE CHEESE
Day_62_Flower_Blue_Cheese_.jpg

9.5 weeks eh thats pretty slow flowering right, those buds should be way bigger shouldnt they at 9.5 weeks?

Hey MilkMan ....they should be way bigger. :bigblush: ...They looked like that around week six. The light cycle was interrupted for about 4-5 days. I'd say that put them back into veg.....and of course they got fully dehydrated too.....pretty poor grow really! Looking forward to clearing this mess up and getting the Strawberry cough & SLH on the go!:rollit:

wow ur name should be murphys law
damn ur luck is horrible
ive killed 1000 clones and tried to kill quite a few plants but urs all happened in one grow......
keep plugging on i say

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Shame you had to cut them down before they were ready.

Gutted. Good job on cutting that mess down! Good thing you didnt waste any more time on it! An oz is an Oz and its growing the next oz's that matters.

Im finished growing now, I'll post links in my posts to new grows i've done. SLH is about to be done.

now thats one sexy looking scrog =D

Here begins my second 420mag grow journal :cheer:

the details are;

Growroom; 1.2x1.2m growlush mylar tent.
Strain; Reserva Privada Cole Train, Big Buddha Blue Cheese (Feminized)
Medium; Coco coir 80%, perlite 20%
Lighting; 1 x 600W Growlush (HPS) with digital ballast
Nutes Planned; Canna coco, cannazym
Ventilation; extractor 700m3 per hour creating negative pressure and pulling in plenty of fresh air.
Temp of Room; sits around 29 degrees C daytime/ 16 C nightime
RH of Room; around 65% daytime
PH of media; Plan to keep at around 6Ph
Number of plants 2
EC of tapwater; EC 0.2

Here's a pic of my room

Growroom_1.jpg

and my last AK48 grow which i'm enjoying immensely! :grinjoint:
Day_36_Flower_Canapy.jpg

any updates?

Back
Top Bottom