Kali Mist CFL Scrog Grow Journal - 05-19-13

Pesky Gnats are a b*tch. I am using a new soil this time and it musta been full of em. More of an irratant becasue the numbers are around 5-10 visable but Ive about had it. Thinking Im gonna invest in some SNS drench if I can find it local.

Glad it goign better Crimson! :Namaste::thumb:

Thanks crawdaddy! Me too. I just gotta work out what strength nutes she likes with the maxibloom, 1 teaspoon per gallon ended up burning my 3rd flowering Kali Mist plant which had absolutely no issues in the past.

Happy Skunkday Crimson:)
Nice to hear things are on the mend:)

Thanks Fish Cake :)

Good skunkday CB...glad you are back on track..stay focus...

Thanks Miwa, Will do! Focus is what I do best lol

Good Weed Crimson!!!

Thanks Jeff, Good weed buddy!

Pesky Gnats are a b*tch. I am using a new soil this time and it musta been full of em. More of an irratant becasue the numbers are around 5-10 visable but Ive about had it. Thinking Im gonna invest in some SNS drench if I can find it local.

Oh man, you too? I feel like I've killed a hundred of them and it hasn't even made a dent in their numbers lol. I had a plan to kill them but now they spread to my clones too lol. I gotta pick up some Musquito dunks or nematodes after this project. had to look up Soil Drench Spray sounds like it'll knock em dead, good plan of attack :).

I came down with food poisoning yesterday and was unable to finish my project. I'm much better now, my wife picked up some bud last night and my god, naseau instantly gone. Its magical! lol anyways. My bulbs came a day early, not 1 was damaged. Love Amazon :)

I'm just about finished putting the new light fixture together. Just putting the finishing touches on it, attaching the acrylic cover and the dryer hose. Tomorrow morning I'll have to flip around my carbon scrubber and test run this puppy and see if she keeps the temps down. This new fixture throws out a lot of light but its not as direct as I had hoped more like a concentrated 90degrees of light and a slightly weaker disbursement of light to a full 180 degrees.

IMG_62073.JPG
IMG_62152.JPG
IMG_62264.JPG
IMG_62232.JPG

Your going to have to keep those babies close, but that is an awesome job on project you did! Do you think it will give enough penetration or are you going to hang some on the side?

Thank you jeff! No space for side CFL's in a 12" wide cabinet :( I would need a Lux meter to find out just how much penetration the CFL's get. My iphone has a lux meter app but I wouldnt dub that as even remotely accurate, more for fun really. I think the top 4" especially the top 2" is gonna get a ton of light. the lower portions get a fair amount of light with my old setup, this new one is much more reflective and has way more lumens than the previous probably around 20k Lumens vs the improved 35-40k Lumens.

are you going to keep the bulbs all the same watts...well now i think i see different sizes..i got up to 105w cfls before i switch to hid...still not where i want to be..i want one of those 1000w dimmables...that way i can have a little control over heat,,,watts...etc...i even flowered with cfls...nice size buds...its all about the lumens...

Just finished installing the Ducting and Acrylic. I've been test running it for about 14 minutes. its connected with my exhaust and I'm impressed!!! This thing is running like a champ! I have a towel over the acrylic to reflect more heat and light back into the box to really test the limits. Wood is an excellent insulator and most of the heat is being contained within the box even without the fan running. I dont feel very much heat radiating through the acrylic so my plant tips should be able to touch the acrylic and be within 1" of the CFL's. The temperature exhausting out of the light fixture feels constant and below 100F I'll get an exact reading in the morning. If I shorten the box an inch my plants could probably be within a quarter inch of the CFL's but we'll see in the morning with the live environment.
Think I'm gonna fire up a victory blunt lol!

IMG_62291.JPG
IMG_62312.JPG

IMG_62351.JPG

oh..my..god lol

:rofl: I'm in awe too right now, I cant believe it works!! Once I get my new 600w cooltube HPS I'm gonna have one hell of a vegging light :rofl:

are you going to keep the bulbs all the same watts...well now i think i see different sizes..i got up to 105w cfls before i switch to hid...still not where i want to be..i want one of those 1000w dimmables...that way i can have a little control over heat,,,watts...etc...i even flowered with cfls...nice size buds...its all about the lumens...

Totally agree Lumens Lumens Lumens! except not all Lumens are equal lol. Not going down that slippery slope though. I want a dimmable cooltube HID HPS/MH 600w $160 on amazon.

I have mostly 26w 1750 Lumen GE bulbs 2700k. I also have 6500k bulbs 30w 2000 Lumen to get a more balanced spectrum. There is also have a 45w 2850 Lumen 2700k bulb, it fit so in it went lol. biggest cfl I ever owned is GE 55w 3850 Lumen. If I had a do over I would just go with GE 26w bulbs great Lumen to watt ratio and much cheaper.

Totally agree Lumens Lumens Lumens! except not all Lumens are equal lol. Not going down that slippery slope though. I want a dimmable cooltube HID HPS/MH 600w $160 on amazon.

I have mostly 26w 1750 Lumen GE bulbs 2700k. I also have 6500k bulbs 30w 2000 Lumen to get a more balanced spectrum. There is also have a 45w 2850 Lumen 2700k bulb, it fit so in it went lol. biggest cfl I ever owned is GE 55w 3850 Lumen. If I had a do over I would just go with GE 26w bulbs great Lumen to watt ratio and much cheaper.

:high-five:

I got my eye on a 400w as well. Im running 12-26w cfl's but Im drooling thinkng about a nice litte tent setup.

:high-five:

I got my eye on a 400w as well. Im running 12-26w cfl's but Im drooling thinkng about a nice litte tent setup.

I'm right there with you, I want a tent pretty bad. I don't know how safe I feel ordering more stuff from amazon though after all the stuff I've ordered this year alone. Nothing screams grower louder than a tent and HID lol

Morning Scarfinger, happy weed day buddy. Northern lights is a potent and good pain relieving strain. Atomic Northern Lights is very potent as well, its a hybrid. I've been told by Medical patients its top grade. Personally, for a balanced strain with high pain relief blue dream is probably the one. Its very good stuff by my standards. I've read that Kali Mist provides a euphoric, energetic, clear cutting high along with moderate pain relief. What caught my attention the most with this strain aside from the amazing high, was energetic - can not fall asleep for few hours with this smoke. perfect by my book lol. I'm sure you know this but indica's typically produce better pain relief as most of your strains are indicas/hybrids with the CBD being a key chemical usually higher in indicas. Sativas on the other hand typically have lower cbd high thc and is generally used for the high not the medicinal properties, but patients who enjoy being up and about while enjoying pain relief might grab for a balanced sativa.

I just got a package today :) Blue Dream from a seedbank. It is a clone only strain like every great strain. So, I went with my next best option and got some seeds. I got some nice freebeis too: Silver Kush, Sour Kosher, Martian Kush, White Widow and Underdawg OG. Seems like some nice strains for freebies. I am most interested in the Blue Dream and Silver Kush. I won't grow any of these until after my Aurora Indica grow.

I just wanted to thank you for good conversation and solidifying my selection of a new strain :) :clap:

I just got a package today :) Blue Dream from a seedbank. It is a clone only strain like every great strain. So, I went with my next best option and got some seeds. I got some nice freebeis too: Silver Kush, Sour Kosher, Martian Kush, White Widow and Underdawg OG. Seems like some nice strains for freebies. I am most interested in the Blue Dream and Silver Kush. I won't grow any of these until after my Aurora Indica grow.

I just wanted to thank you for good conversation and solidifying my selection of a new strain :) :clap:

My Pleasure scarfinger! Woah, those are some amazing freebies, I'm a little jealous :rofl: I can not wait to see your blue dream grow. Its definitely a strain I will be adding to my collection in the future.

I know this is random but I'm actually thinking about hermying my kali mist clone and getting seeds off of her. I mean I'm most likely gonna toss her anyways so might as well put her to good use right? lol

:rofl: I'm in awe too right now, I cant believe it works!! Once I get my new 600w cooltube HPS I'm gonna have one hell of a vegging light :rofl:

do you think a fluor lumen is better quality than a hid lumen? does this mean anything to the plants? I know fluors have a higher color rendering index compared to hids. something like 20 vs 80. ive always wondered this.

also, what color temp does a fluor burn without any of that coating they add to change color temp?

I know this is random but I'm actually thinking about hermying my kali mist clone and getting seeds off of her. I mean I'm most likely gonna toss her anyways so might as well put her to good use right? lol

I don't think you want to stress it to hermie from what I understand. I believe it will only get you more hermies that will propagate into hermies around the time you hermied the mother. Hmmm I am no expert on this but...

From what I understand is that if you just let it grow way past its cycle it will pop out those bananas that have the female pollen. If it does that then collect it or put it on some other Kali plants to pollinate them. I am guessing since the plant is way past it cycle it is better to pollinate a fresher plant with the pollen.

From looking at Northern Light bananas I have only seen like 6 pollen per banana.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom